any recent promo codes for shore excursions?

sunsetme

apparently they exist but how do you get them?

"Shore Excursion Promotional Code

Shore Excursion offers are only available online. Not available onboard. Shore Excursions Purchases can be made up to 4 days prior to sailing. If you return an item that was purchased with a coupon, you will be refunded only the amount you paid (that is, the price of the item, less the coupon value)."

I googled it and came up with two threads from CC..one lists a code that seems to have worked for some and the other explains what they were told when they emailed Carnival.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1248776

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1316646

Edited by TakeMeAway1001

I have never seen any coupons or promo codes. There is no place to put in a promo code when you try to book excursions on line.

When I booked a cabana for HMC last week, there was a spot for Apply Promotion code.

I received this email back in February before my Miracle cruise. Saved me (and some on our Roll Call) some bucks.:D

20110106_i9081_ShoreEx_redboxtop_135x8.gif

SAVE 20%

Book by

February 28, 2011.

Offer only available

online with offer code:

EX20SH

20110106_i9081_ShoreEx_redboxbot_135x8.gif20110106_spacer.gif20110114_i9081_ShoreEx_i0054_ShoreExcursion_Template_Update112910_03.gif Booking your shore excursions ahead of time is an easy way to ensure you’ll have a carefree, fun-filled cruise vacation. Carnival uses top operators, which are insured and certified, so you can rest assured your onshore adventure will include the same quality service and security you receive on board. What are you waiting for? Check out our top recommendations for your cruise. Our most popular excursions fill up fast, so don’t wait! __________________

I received this email back in February before my Miracle cruise. Saved me (and some on our Roll Call) some bucks.:D

20110106_i9081_ShoreEx_redboxtop_135x8.gif

SAVE 20%

Book by

February 28, 2011.

Offer only available

online with offer code:

EX20SH

20110106_i9081_ShoreEx_redboxbot_135x8.gif20110106_spacer.gif20110114_i9081_ShoreEx_i0054_ShoreExcursion_Template_Update112910_03.gif Booking your shore excursions ahead of time is an easy way to ensure you’ll have a carefree, fun-filled cruise vacation. Carnival uses top operators, which are insured and certified, so you can rest assured your onshore adventure will include the same quality service and security you receive on board. What are you waiting for? Check out our top recommendations for your cruise. Our most popular excursions fill up fast, so don’t wait! __________________

Wish I got an email like that! :(

• 4 months later...

I just booked a shore excursion for the Mayan ruins in Belize tour. I entered SHX001, and it took 10% off a $180 tour for 2 people. We saved almost $20, Yay! :D

Try it- hope it works for you too..... We're sailing on the Carnival Legend on Dec. 4 out of Tampa... Check you out on deck ;)

use promo code EX51SH online only.

expires 11/11/11

We used this one a couple of days ago and got 15% off of our Belize tour. Someone on our roll call had a problem with it and said it was because they were first time cruisers. So this may only work for repeat cruisers.

The codes also seem to apply only if the people who use them are going to the same area. I received EX51SH & SHX001. I only used the EX51SH for 15% off for the Western Carib. People on the other thread posted that it didnt work for them but the couple of them were going to the Bahamas.

I just cancelled a shore excursion and rebooked it 15 minutes ago using EX51SH...I received a 15% discount! Woo-hoo!!! Thanks, everyone, for sharing this information with all of us!

Where's the LIKE button?

Way to go!

Just went and cancelled my excursion online so that I could re-book with the promo code, and it keeps telling me that the excursion is already purchased - even though it no longer shows up on my travel documents or anywhere online in my account. I've sent e-mails to Carnival to get them to fix it so I can re-book... hopefully they do it soon so I can use the promo codes!

I just cancelled a shore excursion and rebooked it 15 minutes ago using EX51SH...I received a 15% discount! Woo-hoo!!! Thanks, everyone, for sharing this information with all of us!

This is what we did since we had already booked our excursion when we heard about the code. Carnival has charged our card for the new excursion rate (today), but I haven't seen the credit yet for the cancelled excursion. So don't expect them the same day. For some reason, those charges come immediately, but the credits are delayed.