M Class - Triangular Balconies & Sizes

snoozycruisee

A picture is worth a 1000 words. Pls see attached for your answer. :D

Hi Greydog - Thanks for the picture. I had found some information about the different sizes of the Aft Balconies for Decks 6-7-8-9, but am trying to confirm the possible different sizes of the Triangular Balconies on the Sides of the M Class Ships. It looks like Deck 6 & 7 Balconies are Larger then the Deck 8 & 9 Balconies.

Post that piqued my curiousity is as follows (See Reply # 9, 4th photo from the left) @ http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1238765

In viewing several websites with Balcony Photos, It appears that the "Triangular" Balconies on Decks 6 & 7 (Example: 7080) are Larger/Wider then those on Deck 8 & 9 (Example: 9038) - Just my imagination or is this correct ?

check the available lists before you choose! we had a pie shaped balcony on Summt right next to a suite--only one person could fit on it at a time!!!

Hi Greydog - Thanks for the picture. I had found some information about the different sizes of the Aft Balconies for Decks 6-7-8-9, but am trying to confirm the possible different sizes of the Triangular Balconies on the Sides of the M Class Ships. It looks like Deck 6 & 7 Balconies are Larger then the Deck 8 & 9 Balconies.

Post that piqued my curiousity is as follows (See Reply # 9, 4th photo from the left) @ http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1238765

Consider doing a search for sweet sixteen cabins on board the M class ships. Other than the aft cabins, these have huge balconies.

I am not able to compare to Deck 8 or 9 but can tell you that 7080 is a very nice sized balcony. In May it had one lounger and chair and the small table. It is much deeper than a standard balcony, except for a small part which is more like a regular balcony. Booked the equivalent cabin on the other side for next May.

We had 9038 on the Infinity for our Panama canal cruise in 2009. Loved it! Its a lot bigger than the regular cc balcony. We have it booked again on the Connie in April 2012;).

We had two chairs and a table that we ate at several times and there was still plenty of room to move around.

Melody:D

Any comments about cabin 6053 on the Millenium? It has a triangular balcony.

Hi there - Here is a photo (not mine) of 6048-7080-8046......These cabins with the triangular Balconies are on the Starboard side of the ship (6053 is on the Port side) - It sure looks like Triangular Balconies on the 6th & 7th Decks are bigger/wider then the Triangular Balconies on the 8th and 9th Decks (M Class Ships) Lucky you !!

attachment.php?attachmentid=163058&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1279753713

I do not understand these triangular balconies to which you are referring. Where are these located on the photo that is posted in the second reply?

That reply shows aft balconies. The OP asked about balconies on both sides of the ships. Here is a close up of Celebrity Infinity 7080...

Cabin7080.jpg

This is what it looks like from a distance.

Cabin70801.jpg

OP, I cannot give you a definite answer on the size of decks 8 and 9, but it seems lime they are indeed smaller. I can definitely recommend 7080. It was a great cabin for Alaska, as it blocked the cold wind and afforded my parents excellent views. We spent a lot of time on their balcony!

Here are a couple of images of the sweet sixteen cabins that have double sized balconies. My family is standing on the balcony of cabin 6025. This cabin was cheaper than 7080, but I would prefer 7080 or one of the angled balconies in future, as they afford more privacy and shelter from the weather. Enjoy planning! :)

Cabin60253.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Hi APDMom - Excellent Visual, i.e "From a Distance" picture in your post #16. I'm pretty sure at this point that the Trianguler Balconies on Decks 6-7 are indeed larger then the Triangular Balconies on Decks 8-9. Thanks to all for the comments and insight !!

Archived