Organizing Stateroom

CrzN4Info

is there any drawer space at all on S class ships?? the lack of drawers makes a big difference on how one packs, doesn't it? I might have to hang my undies and bras in the closet??!! I can't climb on the bed, so what's one to do???

There are drawers attached to the desk (below the tv). I have

never hung the items you mentioned in the closet.

We travel very light, a few small mesh bags for laundry, when one is full it goes in the "dirty clothes" suitcase. Usually one of our two bags has been repurposed for this...look forward to Elite status after our next cruise for the laundry benefit!

Must share my latest find however! I love costume jewelry and find it can change up a lot of looks. Hate the tangles however. For $1.99 at a crafts shop I bought a bead organizer with many compartments. It's light plastic,snaps tight, and extra cubbies can be used for band aids, earplugs, basic meds like tylenol, mini sewing kit. Loved using it a couple of weeks ago and won't be traveling without it again! Unpacked the jewelry but all those other tiny things are good to go at a moments notice!

is there any drawer space at all on S class ships?? the lack of drawers makes a big difference on how one packs, doesn't it? I might have to hang my undies and bras in the closet??!! I can't climb on the bed, so what's one to do???

There are drawers attached to the desk (below the tv). I have

never hung the items you mentioned in the closet.

Here's a picture of the desk area Lois is talking about. Hope it helps. BTW, I am about 5'4" and can reach the cupboard above the bed without climbing on it. That's usually where I put tshirts, shorts and bathing suits.. I use the drawers for lingerie and other items.

IMG3915-W-M.jpg

And here is a picture of the storage area in the bathroom... actually a very usable area.

IMG3920-W-M.jpg

We each have a Carry-Rite hanging organizer which holds bras, undies, socks, t-shirts, running shorts, nities, anything not too heavy or bulky. Just roll it up in your suitcase, unroll and hang in closet at your destination. Found them on-line.

I pack my clothing in plastic see-through sweater bags with zippers. I fold everything with tissue paper between them and that way they never wrinkle. I don't even need to unpack the bags. I can see what is in each bag and just take each item out as necessary. These will all fit above the bed. Because the bags are full, the clothing doesn't slide around inside the suitcase and get wrinkled.

I do unpack formal clothing and long items and hang them in the closet. I bring huggable hangars, which are great space savers, and remove the cruiseline hangars that I don't need. I also have the room attendant take the ship's robes away for the duration of the cruise. I hang night clothes and my own thin robe on the bathroom door. Then there is plenty of room in the drawers for undies and accessories. I bring a couple of garbage bags for dirty laundry and stick them under the bed.

As you can see from the picture Larry posted (#75) the storage over the bed is useless for a short person unless they stand on the bed. I use the basket that the life jackets are in under the bed for my clothes. We put the life jackets under the top part of the bed. The basket is quite large and I can use it for most of my folding clothes. It slides easily out from under the bed when needed.

Garry

Boca clips-great for using on your towels when you lay out on the loungers and to hang wet stuff from the chairs on your balcony.Used them for the first time this past May and will not cruise again without them.Also bring a nightlight,air freshener,highlighter and pop up hamper.

Laura

Boca clips-great for using on your towels when you lay out on the loungers and to hang wet stuff from the chairs on your balcony.Used them for the first time this past May and will not cruise again without them.Also bring a nightlight,air freshener,highlighter and pop up hamper.

Laura

Dying to know--what are boca clips???

Dying to know--what are boca clips???

Boca clips are like a big clothespin or a spring clamp. They are made out of plastic and larger and sturdier than a clothespin. They are shaped like tropical birds or animals. The jaw is large enough to fit around the tubular part of of a beach chair or lounger with the idea being that they can hold a beach towel on the chair so the wind won't blow it away. We have a couple pair we take on cruises too and we use them for holding our wet swimsuits to our deck chairs so they won't blow off.

boca-beach-towel-clips-fish.jpg

http://www.bocaclips.com/catalog/Boc...Clips-2-1.html

I've picked them up at Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohls, Walmart,etc.

Those look fantastic and I could really do with some for my upcoming Silhouette cruise. Only problem is, as I'm from the UK they are £8.99 plus shipping, which equates to $14.44 plus shipping, which isn't that great considering they are only $6.97 in the US..........

Oh well.... may have to wait until I come over to the States next year and get some then :rolleyes:

My Question is organizing vitamins and medications for a 24day B2B.

I use a med/large 7 day organizer for a week. Any suggestions?

CVS sells little tiny zip-lock bags for daily pills storage. We use them for vitamins and such, 2 bags/day (morning/evening) and then put the smaller bags into 2 quart zip-lock bags, one for morning, one for evening and all set.

They also work great for taking some aspirin in your carry-on, or day pack for tours.

As you can see from the picture Larry posted (#75) the storage over the bed is useless for a short person unless they stand on the bed. I use the basket that the life jackets are in under the bed for my clothes. We put the life jackets under the top part of the bed. The basket is quite large and I can use it for most of my folding clothes. It slides easily out from under the bed when needed.

Garry

Garry, thanks for this tip. It may seem quite logical, but on our one and only Solstice cruise I never thought to use the basket under the bed. I'm 5'3" with short arms and found the over-the-bed bins hard to access. I will definitely use the basket on our upcoming Solstice TA in November.

This is hysterical .... I've never heard of them, but now I MUST HAVE THEM!!!

This is why I love CC. :)

Connie

Connie- you will love these!!! Never have to worry about things blowing off the balcony or your deck chair. I take mine on all vacations!

My Question is organizing vitamins and medications for a 24day B2B.

I use a med/large 7 day organizer for a week. Any suggestions?

I saw a huge on at Walgreens last night. Looks like it would hold a month's worth. I didn't look that closely. But be sure to have your prescription info in case of an emergency.

I love this thread. Lots of great ideas. Anyone know how many standard size (soft sided) suitcases can fit under a Solstice bed? There will be four of us in a cabin so I'm hoping to get 2 suitcases and a duffle under there.

No problem. If they don't "slide" under easily, it is very simple to just lift the bed and put them under as the beds are light. We've gotten two 26", two 20" under the bed with room to spare under our beds made up as a queen.

Tucker in Texas

Archived