Chair Hog pictures... post 'em here!

cruzn buckeye

Here is a true chair hog! :D

2477117.jpg

Had a fantastic idea! Print a bunch of these pictures for your next cruise and type into the picture this note "Your picture was taken hope you enjoy it!" It would be so fun to catch the reaction of the chair hog! I may be doing this in March!:D:rolleyes:

So, yes I see the point ....there never seems to be enough chairs. But, WHERE do you leave your stuff while in the pool or hot tub? I have to take off my glasses to get in the water and sometimes have a book, etc with me, not to mention towels. Hence, my question...

So, yes I see the point ....there never seems to be enough chairs. But, WHERE do you leave your stuff while in the pool or hot tub? I have to take off my glasses to get in the water and sometimes have a book, etc with me, not to mention towels. Hence, my question...

I leave my stuff on my chair, but keep an eye on it.

As mentioned in previous post this happens at resorts as well as cruise ships but, it happen to me in my own home town. One of the most rude things I have ever seen. My wife and I went to a New Years Eve party at a hotel. It was just her and I so they sit you at a large table (kinda of like at the MDR on a ship) and then others sit with you that you don't know. We had got there early and went to our assigned table, put our coats on the chairs set my camera on the table in front of my chair and my wife set her purse in front of hers (these seats had the best view of the band). We went up to the buffet line and while we are waiting in line I see the other guest arrive to our table. Then I witnessed the most rude thing I have ever seen. They actually picked up all of our stuff and moved it down two places so they could have the chairs they wanted.:mad: I was so mad it took me 5 shots of tequila to calm down!

I have never moved a towel either, but yes, many times would have liked to. I am wondering if anyone HAS moved the towel and the Hog came back and chewed them out.

Any stories on that one?

Oh, yeah.

One group left a load of their stuff on a few chairs in the sun. They then ignored said chairs and sat in the shade, near the sun chairs.

After an hour or so of the sun chairs being unoccupied I moved their stuff to the floor and made myself (and others in my group) comfortable.

No, they weren't happy.

No, I wasn't bothered by their anger. I just laughed at them, which probably didn't help the situation. :D

As mentioned in previous post this happens at resorts as well as cruise ships but, it happen to me in my own home town. One of the most rude things I have ever seen. My wife and I went to a New Years Eve party at a hotel. It was just her and I so they sit you at a large table (kinda of like at the MDR on a ship) and then others sit with you that you don't know. We had got there early and went to our assigned table, put our coats on the chairs set my camera on the table in front of my chair and my wife set her purse in front of hers (these seats had the best view of the band). We went up to the buffet line and while we are waiting in line I see the other guest arrive to our table. Then I witnessed the most rude thing I have ever seen. They actually picked up all of our stuff and moved it down two places so they could have the chairs they wanted.:mad: I was so mad it took me 5 shots of tequila to calm down!

Whoa! That's brave of them.

I'd have been over there to sort that out straight away.

If necessary I'd have let them keep the seats but rotated the table a little bit so my seats were back where they were before. :D

I would have NO problem moving those.

It's pretty clear when someone is actually using the chair but is in the hot tub or something. I don't care if it's one or two seats together and the people left their bag and towel there or whathave you. It's just silly when people go out and try to claim a bunch of chairs at 7 in the morning.

I did have a guy come up and move my sister's stuff off of the chair next to me on an NCL cruise. He tried to claim that I was "saving" it. She had literally walked away not even 2 minutes before that and was just going to get us some iced tea. He was fairly beligerant and thankfully there was an older gent on the other side of her chair who told him he would have to find somewhere else as the "young lady" had just left. My sister was about 40 at the time so that was funny.

Totally agree...it is one thing to save a chair or two for a few minutes while someone goes to the bathroom or even grabs a plate of food from the deli (to bring back to the sun-not sit and eat at the buffet) or take a dip in the hot tub. Saving a row of chairs for over a half hour is the biggest problem I have seen. Not only does this prevent others from getting a chair, but it causes people to go overboard in taking chairs from 'supposed' chair hogs.

I also ran into a situation where someone tried to take a chair next to me (between my chair which I was sitting on and another friend's chair which she was sitting on) that had tons of stuff on it - my second friend's bag of pool items. I explained it was my friends chair and she just went to the bathroom and this person walked away in a huff like I was lying and 'hogging' this single chair which was in between two people who obviously knew each other. Sure makes me not want to attempt to sit near the pool ever again.

While on the Spirit in 2010 met the queen of chair hogs. We had decided to stay on board on a port day. Around 7:30am was relaxing by the pool waiting for mywife to come for breakfast. A "lady" came by with 8 towels and said I needded to move those chairs were for her group, and she was there to make sure to place towels, so they would be open when they got back on board.When they got back on board the wife and I were still using the middle 2.

I don't know what "duration" means to you but, the dictionary says "continuance in time", "time for which something exists or lasts".

I take that as meaning for the whole time of the cruise. Do you understand that differently?:confused:

I just read that original post five times and never found the word "duration", why would you bring up the definition?

A true Princess story:

Once upon a time I watched for far more than an hour from a deck above as an evil chair hog :mad: hag used the towel clip scheme to reserve a number of chairs with prime aft views for other people - who never showed. She was the hog watchdog greedily brooding over her collection.

A brave young woman eventually moved one towel and the set of clips and the evil chair :mad: hag snapped and chewed at her spewing ugliness but the young lady held her ground. :)

So the evil chair hog :mad: hag moved her place holding stuff to a different chair.

Well, that's the chair I went down and took... just for the sake of fairness. The evil hog hag tried to protest, tried to spew vile on me too, but I was ready: I told everyone on that deck the plain truth of what I had observed over the last hour. :eek:

The evil hog hag packed up her stupid clips and was never to be seen in that area again. :D We all enjoyed those chairs from that time forward, and we all lived happily ever after.

A true Princess story:

Once upon a time I watched for far more than an hour from a deck above as an evil chair hog :mad: hag used the towel clip scheme to reserve a number of chairs with prime aft views for other people - who never showed. She was the hog watchdog greedily brooding over her collection.

A brave young woman eventually moved one towel and the set of clips and the evil chair :mad: hag snapped and chewed at her spewing ugliness but the young lady held her ground. :)

So the evil chair hog :mad: hag moved her place holding stuff to a different chair.

Well, that's the chair I went down and took... just for the sake of fairness. The evil hog hag tried to protest, tried to spew vile on me too, but I was ready: I told everyone on that deck the plain truth of what I had observed over the last hour. :eek:

The evil hog hag packed up her stupid clips and was never to be seen in that area again. :D We all enjoyed those chairs from that time forward, and we all lived happily ever after.

Some how while reading this I got the song One tin soldier going through my head...LOL..."and now there is peace in all the land as one tin soldier rides (sails) away"

2dbj8cm.jpg

This family actually printed out cards with their name and attached to the chairs...my friend and I removed all the towels and name tags after another family said they had not seen anyone there for at least 30 minutes. When the chair hogs came to "their chairs" ..they were pissed and said"we had our kids come out here at 6am to reserve these chairs"..I just pointed to the sign above us that said something to the fact of no reserving deck chairs :)

What is this world coming too??? Now the cats are getting in on it ????

2669763400097654989S600x600Q85.jpg

This is too funny!! I love the look on the cat's face! We have a cruise coming up over spring break. I hope to be prepared for the worst as I'm sure there will be lots of chair hogging :mad:.

I was a cruise with friends about two years ago that had the highest number of chair hogs I've ever experienced. If you did not get out at about 7 am and hold a chair, you simply didn't get one.

Well, we had had enough! So we walked out one day with our towels and sat on the ground next to a row of empty but towel-laden chairs. After about 20 minutes with NO people, we moved two towels and reclined. We were there for about an hour and a half, and no one ever showed up to claim ANY of the chairs in that row.

From now on, I will move towels if there are never any chairs. And if someone comes back and claims it's their chair, I'll beg their pardon, move over a couple, move more towels and sit back down.

I was a cruise with friends about two years ago that had the highest number of chair hogs I've ever experienced. If you did not get out at about 7 am and hold a chair, you simply didn't get one.

Well, we had had enough! So we walked out one day with our towels and sat on the ground next to a row of empty but towel-laden chairs. After about 20 minutes with NO people, we moved two towels and reclined. We were there for about an hour and a half, and no one ever showed up to claim ANY of the chairs in that row.

From now on, I will move towels if there are never any chairs. And if someone comes back and claims it's their chair, I'll beg their pardon, move over a couple, move more towels and sit back down.

That sounds good! I think I will do that on our next cruise!

Archived