Chair Hog pictures... post 'em here!

cruzn buckeye

See one must read all the post to get true meaning of what was said.

Gran3 there was a post of someone taking the towels, not just moving them. I've moved them also but that is entirely different than taking them especially since you are responsible for them.

ya, the color blue would look nice in my bathroom. :D

One of my bathrooms in my Las Vegas house is done with cruise things...about 10 pictures from various inaugural cruises, Costa bath mat, cruise shower curtain, Celebrity/Princess/Carnival towels (2-3 of each brand)...all of which purchased on eBay. I have wondered where the seller attained them. Geesh...have I been purchasing stolen goods?

In Maui 2 years ago we stayed one of the weeks at the Westin Villas...the pool crowds were ridiculous. On vacation, we spend very much time at the beach/pool...anyway after sitting there for a couple hours, I noticed the 4 chairs in front of us with 'stuff' on them vacant for the entire time. People were doing lap after lap looking for chairs. So I move the stuff to a small table. Seconds later, the chairs were taken by some thrilled vacationers that hit the lottery by finding a chair. Couple hours go by and the original 'owners' of the chairs came back...it felt awkward watching them question the new tenants...but since I had my video camera...kind had to film it. The new tenants stayed...literally the original folks were fine leaving their things on chairs for 4 hours. How selfish.

I do wish that specific chairs/cabanas that could be rented for the duration of the cruise.

Right now, we're trying to decide between cruiselines for Thanksgiving...$2,800/person for a balcony on Crystal or $1,500/person for Carnival in a suite. I know...apples and oranges. Hence perusing for information. ;)

goes and gets security. The security guy actually did come to check out the situation...but instead of telling the guy he had to move his towels, the security guy disappeared for a few minutes, came back with two chairs, and squeezed them in on the row above the guy...yes, it was a solution, but I personally think security should have just told the guy he needed to have the chairs occupied or give them up...the whole time we were there no one other than the guy and the lady with him ever sat in those 6 chairs. Of course it was a great source of entertainment, since I bet close to 100 people were in eye sight of witnessing this drama unfold!

I know they have a job to do BUT sure would have been nice if the folks that had been watching had booed security. Now I guess that could have actually made things worse though. They are there to call the shots - right or wrong.

I just want to add that I was at an all inclusive in Jamaica last year and every day saw one couple hog two loungers with umbrellas as well as two more loungers one row up so they could alternate from the sun to the shade. Every day all day for five days. And those umbrellas were in high demand. I think it is the "I paid my money for this vacation and I am doing what I want to do since it is all about me" attitude.

Gran3 there was a post of someone taking the towels, not just moving them. I've moved them also but that is entirely different than taking them especially since you are responsible for them.

I read that. Really didn't think they were serious. Took it as a joke. ;)

I don't like the idea of renting "specific chairs/cabanas for the duration of the cruise". There are too many cruisers and not enough of what may be considered premium seats.

You may only use it/them in the morning/afternoon, so what, ....they may be empty for a good portion of the day? Nah!

I don't like the idea of renting "specific chairs/cabanas for the duration of the cruise". There are too many cruisers and not enough of what may be considered premium seats.

You may only use it/them in the morning/afternoon, so what, ....they may be empty for a good portion of the day? Nah!

Gran - I don't think anyone is suggesting you rent one chair for the cruise. If there were enough chairs to do that we couldn't care about chair hogs. The idea is to rent a chair for an hour, two hour, whatever. When your time is up someone else rents that chair.

On my last crusie I saw a woman hogging 6 chairs - 7 total chairs for one person. We walked past her dozens of times and the things on the other chairs never moved - meaning no one ever used those chairs. I needed a chair near the bottom of the slide and there were NONE available - more than half had things but no people. This was NOT by the pool and not a prime area. I moved the junk from one of the chairs to another and got a dirtly look. TOO BAD. I sat there for over an hour and no one ever showed up for the other chairs.

Gran - I don't think anyone is suggesting you rent one chair for the cruise. If there were enough chairs to do that we couldn't care about chair hogs. The idea is to rent a chair for an hour, two hour, whatever. When your time is up someone else rents that chair.

On my last crusie I saw a woman hogging 6 chairs - 7 total chairs for one person. We walked past her dozens of times and the things on the other chairs never moved - meaning no one ever used those chairs. I needed a chair near the bottom of the slide and there were NONE available - more than half had things but no people. This was NOT by the pool and not a prime area. I moved the junk from one of the chairs to another and got a dirtly look. TOO BAD. I sat there for over an hour and no one ever showed up for the other chairs.

I don't know what "duration" means to you but, the dictionary says "continuance in time", "time for which something exists or lasts".

I take that as meaning for the whole time of the cruise. Do you understand that differently?:confused:

Early morning on Carnival Fascination . . .

825608483_5rQYE-XL.jpg

My thought would be something like this as I would walk down the deck "Hmmm, nice beach bag, I wonder if DW would like it? Yeah she probably would. Now that I think of it, those nice sneakers look new and they're her size too. Should fit nicely inside the bag. Yep. Fits well. We're going to the beach later in the cruise, better get a couple extra towels too while I'm at it. Lots of room inside this nice new beach bag for towels. Oh boy look, 2 new bottles of SPF 50 sun block. DW doesn't tan like I do, the best thing I could do for her is get a couple bottles of that too. Boy, they were right when they said Carnival is the Walmart of cruise ships."

I would not leave anything but a towel on my chair; at least not anymore. I had an expensive pair of Chanel sunglasses stolen from my chair while I was swimming. I have no one to blame but myself. :mad:

I think you can tell who is just hogging a chair and who is in the pool/hot tub. Towel only? hog. Towel, hat, sunglasses (in the previous picture - like by the lady in the black cover-up) - in pool or hot tub. At least I hope!;)

I have never moved a towel either, but yes, many times would have liked to. I am wondering if anyone HAS moved the towel and the Hog came back and chewed them out.

Any stories on that one?

Actually yes. And I didn't even move anything - I just sat on the corner of a chair to listen to some music and this man came back and said, not too politely, "my daughter and I were sitting there". I wanted to say, "Uh, no you weren't or I would have sat on you", but my mother raised me better.

Instead I smiled and said "no problem" and left.

manners......where have they gone.....

What makes someone that steals towels off chairs any better than the chair hogs who put them there? Isn't that considered STEALING as Carnival charges for towels. Just a thought. Funny I've always found a chair somewhere maybe just not in the PERFECT SPOT!

It teaches the chair hogs a lesson!! They shouldn't leave the towels when they are not even on the deck or in the pool. It's kinda funny to make them pay for the towel that they put in a chair and left.

I guess I've been a chair hog.. and but I feel justified.. When I cruise with my mother on sea days I get up early and have my breakfast. Then I bring cereal and fruit back to leave for her. I head up on deck. I would rearrange deck chairs to replace a lounger with a regular chair somewhere close to the pool and in the sun and place personal stuff on it, but I stay right with it. After my mom had her breakfast she would join me on deck. My mother loves to swim but couldn't get up out of a lounger. And the cruise lines do not take those kind of things in consideration around the pool. But on the last cruise after having one knee and one hip replaced I didn't need to do that anymore. At 77 she limped around and found her own chair.

But those pictures say it all. Too many people just plop their stuff down and take off. I've watched many an empty chair for hours on end as people walk arounding looking for somewhere to sit.

Last April, my family of 5 cruised RCCL's Radiance of the Seas. On all of the pool decks, there was at least one RCCL employee, dressed in white uniform, patrolling that particular area. When they saw just towels, they would ask the surrounding people, if those towels where theirs? If not, they would put a "stickie" note, which noted the time it was placed. In 30 minutes, they would return, and if no sign of life or action, they would confiscate the towels, and also some belongings. They left notes where the person could retrieve their stuff. It was being held at the information desk. It was Spring Break, and there were people having to put their towels on the deck to have a place to sun. I appreciated their efforts, and it prevented any passengers from having confrontations. They warned in signs all over the deck, as well as in the nightly letters, that you could only leave your stuff unattended for 30 minutes. I found they never bothered me, when I was saving my daughter's chair, when she went swimming or something else. It was mainly the large groups of chairs being saved and no one around to claim them. I thought this was an excellent idea! What do you all think?

Excellent idea!

• 4 months later...

When we were on the inspiration in Sept. It was a port day. Hubby and I got two great seats in the shade. But we got hungry. he went and got us food. Mind you there were a ton of seats. We went to the table behind our chairs and left our stuff there. We had just started to eat when people tried to move our stuff. I was like UMm that is mine. Oh I did not see you there? Or a you can not hold seats. I was like there are a ton of chairs I am eating at a table and returning as you can tell I have not even had a bite.

A lot of people were trying to take out seats. On the other side of the lido there were other seats under shade. They were covered in towels the whole time we were there ) about 3 hours) and no one tried to take those seats. I also had to get out of the pool and tell people to leave my stuff alone. I was so suprized. There were tons of seats. Even the seats in front of us or beside us were in shade and free. we were in the last row.

Archived