Chair Hog pictures... post 'em here!

cruzn buckeye

I've never been brave enough to actually move someone else's towels, even though I would love to do it..... but this is tempting!

You don't have to take the blame. Just remove the towel and watch the fun from a distance when another hog put his towel there instead :p

I think you can tell who is just hogging a chair and who is in the pool/hot tub. Towel only? hog. Towel, hat, sunglasses (in the previous picture - like by the lady in the black cover-up) - in pool or hot tub. At least I hope!;)

I wear sunglasses and a hat when I'm in the pool, but my flip flops, towel and a bag will be on/near the chair.:)

Here's what my sister and I did on our last cruise (another cruiseline) as a joke to the chair hoggers. We only used him once for less than 15 minutes while my sister got up to go get a glass of ice tea. Beside since we were already in an area that was away from the pool there were plenty of chairs available for anyone wanting to relax on one.

chairhogonVOS.jpg

I moved a towel once on a Disney cruise. It was in the adult area on the Wonder and I guess they don't want to crowd chairs around the adult pool so they only have like two rows of really nice chairs (similar to the ones on the Carnival serenity deck) on either side of the pool. My husband and I sat at the bar and watched these chairs that had ONLY towels on them for about 20 minutes. We finished our drinks, went over, folded the towels and placed them on a table just behind the chairs, then sat down.

About 15 minutes later (!!! so yeah, these people were gone for at least 35 minutes) a woman came and started freaking out on me. I very calmly told her that I waited 20 minutes and as there were only towels there I didn't know if the people were coming back at all, and I wanted a chair as the rest were taken. She stormed off in a huff but I honestly think most people wouldn't start a true blue fight over something like this unless you moved valuables or whatever.

I've never left a chair for more than 10-15 minutes when on a cruise and I always stretch ONE towel over ONE chair and place a book and sometimes sunglasses (cheap ones!) on top so that people understand I'm coming back soon.

I like the cubby idea. At least give people a place to store their things while in the pool/hot tub. Maybe they could have chairs that raise a small flag if it detects weight less than 20 lbs for over 1/2 hour. This way you know you can take the chair.

Here's what my sister and I did on our last cruise (another cruiseline) as a joke to the chair hoggers. We only used him once for less than 15 minutes while my sister got up to go get a glass of ice tea. Beside since we were already in an area that was away from the pool there were plenty of chairs available for anyone wanting to relax on one.

chairhogonVOS.jpg

spitlaugh.gif That is funny!!

I think you can tell who is just hogging a chair and who is in the pool/hot tub. Towel only? hog. Towel, hat, sunglasses (in the previous picture - like by the lady in the black cover-up) - in pool or hot tub. At least I hope!;)

I agree... i think that's a safe assumption that people who leave personal belongings (in addition to a towel) will be back shortly.

I think I've posted this photo a couple of times previously - it's the Conquest on the Lido deck at 8AM on a sea day. As you can see, 25 chairs with various stuff on them and not a soul in sight except the guy on the right eating breakfast at the table. :mad:

2851460980103596279S425x425Q85.jpg

Last April, my family of 5 cruised RCCL's Radiance of the Seas. On all of the pool decks, there was at least one RCCL employee, dressed in white uniform, patrolling that particular area. When they saw just towels, they would ask the surrounding people, if those towels where theirs? If not, they would put a "stickie" note, which noted the time it was placed. In 30 minutes, they would return, and if no sign of life or action, they would confiscate the towels, and also some belongings. They left notes where the person could retrieve their stuff. It was being held at the information desk. It was Spring Break, and there were people having to put their towels on the deck to have a place to sun. I appreciated their efforts, and it prevented any passengers from having confrontations. They warned in signs all over the deck, as well as in the nightly letters, that you could only leave your stuff unattended for 30 minutes. I found they never bothered me, when I was saving my daughter's chair, when she went swimming or something else. It was mainly the large groups of chairs being saved and no one around to claim them. I thought this was an excellent idea! What do you all think?

Last April, my family of 5 cruised RCCL's Radiance of the Seas. On all of the pool decks, there was at least one RCCL employee, dressed in white uniform, patrolling that particular area. When they saw just towels, they would ask the surrounding people, if those towels where theirs? If not, they would put a "stickie" note, which noted the time it was placed. In 30 minutes, they would return, and if no sign of life or action, they would confiscate the towels, and also some belongings. They left notes where the person could retrieve their stuff. It was being held at the information desk. It was Spring Break, and there were people having to put their towels on the deck to have a place to sun. I appreciated their efforts, and it prevented any passengers from having confrontations. They warned in signs all over the deck, as well as in the nightly letters, that you could only leave your stuff unattended for 30 minutes. I found they never bothered me, when I was saving my daughter's chair, when she went swimming or something else. It was mainly the large groups of chairs being saved and no one around to claim them. I thought this was an excellent idea! What do you all think?

I think it is an excellent idea too and wish Carnival would copy it.

Great idea! Carnival should really do something similar.

Latest trick we noticed on the Splendor in June was to use white room bath towels held down with picnic table clips. Also saw people pull these towels after 30-45 minutes and move them to the back with clips thrown in the pile. Also a few robes tied down. Like the trays of undisturbed breakfast food laid at a 45 degree angle neatly on the lounge. Wish I could have got a pic.

Think next move is the old duct tape trick or Red Velvet security rope and chrome posts.

I have a one hour time limit for chair hogs. If I see no signs of anyone who owns the towel, then I move it. I only move the towels if there is nothing else on or around the chair.

We wait about an hour also but we remove all the c__p to the back and place neatley on a table or chair. Never had a problem over the years. A few discusting looks but thats all.

This thread is hilarious! We will be going on our first cruise soon so I don't have experience with this but it will be interesting to see. I personally hope I never use one of those chairs. I'd rather be doing something else.

I may be tempted to move someone's stuff over two or three chairs and then watch them when they return. hehehe

That towel charge will make them think twice next time, maybe. :D

i was thinking about the nice robe i would have at home too. seems alot of them are there too be picked up too. ouch. i would hate too pay for one of those.

Archived