Chair Hog pictures... post 'em here!

cruzn buckeye

I have never moved a towel either, but yes, many times would have liked to. I am wondering if anyone HAS moved the towel and the Hog came back and chewed them out.

Any stories on that one?

I moved a towel once! I watched the chair for at least 45 minutes and no one ever showed up. I put the towel on the deck beside the chair and sat down. I was there for about an hour, put the towel back on the chair, and left.

My last cruise was on the Carnival Magic. This ship has these wonderfully comfortable cushioned lounge chairs with ottomans. You had to get there really early to get one of these chairs. Every time I checked at least half of them had towels or books on them. I would sit near them for hours reading my book, and most of them stayed vacant. This really irritates me. If you aren"t going to actually sit in the chair......don't leave your stuff on it!

In the pictures of the chairs with the Carnival blue towels only on chairs, what would prevent me from just coming up (not moving the towel) and sitting down? How can the hog prove that the towel on the chair belongs to them?

Good point......I may try that!:)

My wife is very non-confrontational, so I'm the one that gets yelled at if I move a towel from a lounge chair. It's pointless because she'll refuse to sit on a chair that had a towel on it in case the hog returns and makes a scene.

If it were up to me, I'd just walk up to a chair, move the towel, and enjoy the chair someone else reserved for me. Then, just for spite, I'd take the towel with me and turn it in to the information desk as a "lost and found" item.

What makes someone that steals towels off chairs any better than the chair hogs who put them there? Isn't that considered STEALING as Carnival charges for towels. Just a thought. Funny I've always found a chair somewhere maybe just not in the PERFECT SPOT!

What makes someone that steals towels off chairs any better than the chair hogs who put them there? Isn't that considered STEALING as Carnival charges for towels. Just a thought. Funny I've always found a chair somewhere maybe just not in the PERFECT SPOT!

I don't consider moving a towel "stealing".

As long as DW and I have a place to put our stuff when we get in the hot tub we don't really care. I'd rather sit in a lounger away from the pool looking at the ocean anyway. I do think this is a great study in human nature though.

Here's what my sister and I did on our last cruise (another cruiseline) as a joke to the chair hoggers. We only used him once for less than 15 minutes while my sister got up to go get a glass of ice tea. Beside since we were already in an area that was away from the pool there were plenty of chairs available for anyone wanting to relax on one.

chairhogonVOS.jpg

I've GOT to get me one of those!!!

...Or better yet, Rusty-Girl and I need to make a few - I wonder what they'd sell for... ;)

I stayed at a resort on Waikiki Beach last November and their chairs had little flags that a staff member would write the time of day he/she passed by a saved chair. If the chair was still empty a half hour later, the towels, etc. was moved and stored in the towel shack.

oh yeah.. what about those two towels stretched over 4 chairs?

I would have NO problem moving those.

OMG, rudeness has reached a new level with those towels draped across multiple chairs.

What to do if you are in the hot tub and have your towel on a chair? What's to stop someone from thinking you're a chair hog? Leave a note "In hot tub, please don't move my stuff" ? LOL

It's pretty clear when someone is actually using the chair but is in the hot tub or something. I don't care if it's one or two seats together and the people left their bag and towel there or whathave you. It's just silly when people go out and try to claim a bunch of chairs at 7 in the morning.

I did have a guy come up and move my sister's stuff off of the chair next to me on an NCL cruise. He tried to claim that I was "saving" it. She had literally walked away not even 2 minutes before that and was just going to get us some iced tea. He was fairly beligerant and thankfully there was an older gent on the other side of her chair who told him he would have to find somewhere else as the "young lady" had just left. My sister was about 40 at the time so that was funny.

ya, the color blue would look nice in my bathroom. :D

...our front bathroom, too. Rusty-Girl painted it in an "underwater" theme, with whales, fish, seashells, etc., several years ago. What could be more appropriate? ;)

I have never moved a towel either, but yes, many times would have liked to. I am wondering if anyone HAS moved the towel and the Hog came back and chewed them out.

Any stories on that one?

On our Freedom cruise we watched the whole scene where a woman and her grown daughter came up to some chairs and started removing the towels. A guy got up and said he was saving those chairs...turned out he he and another lady were there but saving 6 chairs:eek:...the woman who was trying to remove the towels said she had been sitting over at the bar watching these chairs for over an hour and no one had come to sit in them...still the other man was not relenting...as the woman tried to sit, he quickly got up and sat in the chair she tried to sit in, so then she went to sit in his unoccupied chair, and he got up and did the same thing...it was like musical chairs with no music. The other lady with the guy got up and went to find the other family members. Finally a son comes out with a HOODIE on - he CLEARLY did not want to be at the pool...the son sits for a few minutes but keeps telling the dad he wants to go back to the arcade. Finally the son just gets up and leaves. The man and other lady are still fighting with the woman and her daughter (kudos to the woman for not giving up - there wasn't another chair in site on the pool deck)...so the woman leaves her daughter there and goes and gets security. The security guy actually did come to check out the situation...but instead of telling the guy he had to move his towels, the security guy disappeared for a few minutes, came back with two chairs, and squeezed them in on the row above the guy...yes, it was a solution, but I personally think security should have just told the guy he needed to have the chairs occupied or give them up...the whole time we were there no one other than the guy and the lady with him ever sat in those 6 chairs. Of course it was a great source of entertainment, since I bet close to 100 people were in eye sight of witnessing this drama unfold!

Archived