"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Aug 11, 2011

Radio

Good morning everyone. . . Welcome to Day 7 of “LIVE” from the Enchantment of the Seas.

We are at sea today, and are on our way to Boston. We have plenty of time to get there, as we only need to maintain a speed of 11kts to arrive on time.

My internet time is almost out **Ouch**, so I will try to only post for a short time today. Tomorrow will be better as we will be in a network area.

Today there will be a lot of activities planned, and I think I also have a couple of D+ tours. The forecast for today will be lots of sun and temps in the high 70’s, low 80’s. The Captain suggested yesterday that it might be a little windy up on the pool decks.

I know that we will have to get up early tomorrow for Immigration officials who will be visiting Enchantment tomorrow morning while we are in Boston.

It is very early up here in the Viking Crown Lounge, but the signal is fast. Tonight before we retire we will move our clocks back I hour to Eastern Time. Caribbean Princess should be joining us tomorrow at Boston Cruiseport.

Here are a few pics from our sail away yesterday,

Thanks for all of the nice comments. . .

Radio
;)

We had a sunny day yesterday at sail away

[IMG]http://cruisingwithradio.com/pics/EN2011CAN/D53.JPG[/IMG]

I was glad to see the Jump Zone is use yesterday just before sail away.

[IMG]http://cruisingwithradio.com/pics/EN2011CAN/D54.JPG[/IMG]

We are bid farewell by 2 members of the Highlander group at Halifax Citadel

[IMG]http://cruisingwithradio.com/pics/EN2011CAN/D55.JPG[/IMG]

We pull away slowly for our next port of call

[IMG]http://cruisingwithradio.com/pics/EN2011CAN/D56.JPG[/IMG]

We catch a glimpse of a lighthouse as we leave Halifax. I loved it here and plan to return soon !

[IMG]http://cruisingwithradio.com/pics/EN2011CAN/D57.JPG[/IMG]

[quote name='Radio']Good morning everyone. . . Welcome to Day 6 of “LIVE” from the Enchantment of the Seas. We are still heading to Halifax, and we should be there in about 4 hrs. It is 5AM here in the Viking Crown Lounge.

I went yesterday to the Crown and Anchor Party, just after we left Saint John, and the normal introductions were made. When the Hotel Director (Gary Davies) was announced, he mentioned how he knew about how things are going on the ship. His mom tells him. . . It turns out that she is a fan of Cruise Critic, and she happens to read daily posts by some guy named Radio.

Well, it appears that his mom just lost her sister recently, and reading these posts really makes her feel closer to him, because someone is writing daily about his ship. . .When he mentioned my name, I didn’t stand up because . . .well. . .there were a lot of C&A members in the room.

I waited until he got off of the stage and introduced myself. He explained that his mom was really going through a rough time, and she is very happy to be reading these “LIVE” posts. I mentioned to him that I was happy about her liking the posts, and he stopped me in mentioning that he and his mum had been reading them for Oasis, Allure, Explorer, and now Enchantment. Wow it was nice to hear.

So this goes out to Gary’s Mom. . . He loves you, and is doing well !

I hope these “LIVE” posts put a smile on everyone’s face. . . I know that I love to do them.

.[/quote]

KUDO'S to you Radio - brining more enjoyment than you imagined!

Hi Radio,
I am here on the ship with you, but haven't found you yet.
I missed the M and M because they sent my invite to the wrong room, and I went when it was orginally scheduled and they had changed the time.
I think it has been a great cruise, hope to run into you around the ship.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a lovely day here in Boston, Radio. Supposed to be about 66 when you arrive with a high of 84. Humidity around 67%, but nice and sunny (you're getting here a day ahead of the next batch of storms).

Have a wonderful time and I'll be waving at you from the 34th floor of One Federal Street! :D

Theresa

Radio-as usual I am enjoying cruising along with you. Thanks for sharing.

I was looking at this cruise for next fall out of Baltimore and it will be 8 days next year. Seems as if they have taken the port of Boston out! We did this cruise a few years ago-9 days-and we want to do it again. I am so bummed that it is now 8 days and no Boston stop!

Radio-as usual I am enjoying cruising along with you. Thanks for sharing.

I was looking at this cruise for next fall out of Baltimore and it will be 8 days next year. Seems as if they have taken the port of Boston out! We did this cruise a few years ago-9 days-and we want to do it again. I am so bummed that it is now 8 days and no Boston stop!

Nice. . .you may see me onbord, as I may be looking for that one as well !

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . Today has been a relaxing day for me. I was able to take a long nap, and watch True Grit on TV. I did end up at the Back Stage tour this morning.

The Bridge tour is scheduled for Friday, as well as a Galley Tour. The Captain suggested that we were only 180nm from Boston, and we are scheduled to pick up the Pilot at 7:30AM.

The sun is out and passengers are involved with dozens of events. . . More pics later, but here is our current location.

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Our Location

MAP24.JPG

CruiseDivaNJ will invite you to her CruiseChatter Group on FB, and you will be able to see Pics from my current sailing that are not posted here on CC. . .

Radio

;);)

I sent a request to be added to your wonderful FB group.

Could you possibly find out if there is a maximum weight for the trampoline with the bungys?

I've looked for the info but cannot seem to find anywhere

Thanks in advance!!!

I will check the Jump Zone for you. . .There is a weight limit posted.

I may not be able to use it. . .

Radio

;);)

Could you possibly find out if there is a maximum weight for the trampoline with the bungys?

Thanks in advance!!!

My husband used it in March and he weighs slightly over 200 lbs. He just wasn't able to do any flips. I don't know if it was him or whether they don't allow anyone to do them. He loved it but said it was a little hard on the legs, but of course he tried and succeeded to go pretty high with it. Hope this helps.

Gwen :)

Hello everyone. . . Today has been a relaxing day for me. I was able to take a long nap, and watch True Grit on TV. I did end up at the Back Stage tour this morning.

The Bridge tour is scheduled for Friday, as well as a Galley Tour. The Captain suggested that we were only 180nm from Boston, and we are scheduled to pick up the Pilot at 7:30AM.

The sun is out and passengers are involved with dozens of events. . . More pics later, but here is our current location.

Radio

;);)

Our Location

MAP24.JPG

Elevation 88 meters? That must be one heckuva wave!

On our Alaska cruise on the Coral Princess 2 years ago, I had a shot of my screen showing an elevation of -18 meters. Yikes!

Sean

Thanks in advance!!!

I just read the weight limit is 240 lbs but no age limit

Hello everyone. . . . The connection this afternoon wasn’t very good at all. I guess many passengers were try to log on all at once. . . I was able to put up a few more pics !

Tonight is the 2nd Formal Night, but a slept a little late, so I’m glad I have MTD.

It is very sunny out but with a little windy as well. Actually, it’s a little cold too. . .I need to wear a jacket outside.

Here are a few pics from earlier today.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

I must take a swim in the Solarium pool this week

W2A.JPG

What are you looking at?

W2.JPG

Quiet pool decks earlier today. . .

W1.JPG

Many passengers came out to the pool this afternoon

W14.JPG

Every cruise must have the Ice Carvings. . .

W15.JPG

I spend a lot of time in the Viking Crown Lounge.

W5.JPG

A great cruise Radio... You have been my "Cruise Friend" ever since just before my very first Cruise in May 2005 you were "LIVE" from Mariner... and I was going to go on Mariner:D... what a way to learn about the ship before I even left.

I'll keep tuning in!

The connection speeds have really been bad today. . .

I will try to upload many more pics tomorrow. . .

Radio

;);)

I love the Viking Crown Lounge !

W6.JPG

A view from the Viking Crown Lounge earlier this morning.

W7.JPG

great report....loved the bagpipers giving you a send off....Boston will be nice Thursday..high 80's windy......enjoy your time in america's first city....i will be waking up on friday to carribean princess a block from my house...i love seeing the ships this time of year here in newport...happy sailing:D

Archived