Kids in CL?

If the lack of the kids area being open during the 'free' drink time....MAYBE RCL should just keep the kids are open! Wouldn't that make everyone happy????

It's possible. They close from 5-7pm except for people who have their kids eat dinner at Adventure Ocean. (They go to the WJ at 5pm I believe, before it gets opened to everyone else and overly crowded) Most people want to have a family dinner with their kids, so it's not available to them during that time period. (Then it's dinner and the show for many)

Adventure Ocean shuts down at 5:00 and opens back up at 7:00. Unless you have your child signed up for dinner at JR then the kids are with the adults.

My guess it that 2 hour window is what is causing the suite guests to complain/request ...

If the lack of the kids area being open during the 'free' drink time....MAYBE RCL should just keep the kids are open! Wouldn't that make everyone happy????

Sorry but I completely disagree. What you are suggesting is that parents keep the children (age groups of 3-11) in Adventure Ocean potentially from 2:00 in the afternoon until heaven only knows what hour at night so that you can maintain the pristine adults only environment of the CL while people drink. My opinion is that is not a family-friendly decision.

I share all the same concerns that have been mentioned here: screaming/squirmy/unruly little ones, even more of a seat problem (on the last two cruises we were on there were enough seats, but just enough, and in the shoes I wear on cruises standing is not a good idea! ;)), and the potential change in ambiance, and the risk of offending the parent of a young child with our "adult" talk. I can tell you that on my last cruise the lounge was filled with a great mix of very fun, very crazy people and I can imagine that most parents would NOT have wanted to expose their kids to the subject matter and language that was the norm! But all of that group were adults (ok, maybe none of us acted like one, but we were over 18 ;)) and like-minded so it didn't matter.

I have great memories of the fun we had in the lounge that week, as well as on our other cruises since becoming D+ (and prior to being kicked out when we were D). I would hate to see it changed into a place where we had to keep things G-rated and "behave" ourselves. :p I also know that if the perk was again taken away or made undesireable, DH would insist we try something new, either on sea or land.

I share all the same concerns that have been mentioned here: screaming/squirmy/unruly little ones, even more of a seat problem (on the last two cruises we were on there were enough seats, but just enough, and in the shoes I wear on cruises standing is not a good idea! ;)), and the potential change in ambiance, and the risk of offending the parent of a young child with our "adult" talk. I can tell you that on my last cruise the lounge was filled with a great mix of very fun, very crazy people and I can imagine that most parents would NOT have wanted to expose their kids to the subject matter and language that was the norm! But all of that group were adults (ok, maybe none of us acted like one, but we were over 18 ;)) and like-minded so it didn't matter.

I have great memories of the fun we had in the lounge that week, as well as on our other cruises since becoming D+ (and prior to being kicked out when we were D). I would hate to see it changed into a place where we had to keep things G-rated and "behave" ourselves. :p I also know that if the perk was again taken away or made undesireable, DH would insist we try something new, either on sea or land.

LIKE!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Oh how very true....I have been following this thread and I don't believe I have seen many if any suites guests complaining about this new policy. IMO....the continued sending of letters and complaining away as a NON-SUITE guest is most likely going to end up leading to only one thing....the elimination of D+ using the CL. Keep in mind....this lounge is for suite guests....D+ being allowed the use of the CL is a privilege not a god given right.

Well I'm complaining and I'm a suite guest.

Sorry but I completely disagree. What you are suggesting is that parents keep the children (age groups of 3-11) in Adventure Ocean potentially from 2:00 in the afternoon until heaven only knows what hour at night so that you can maintain the pristine adults only environment of the CL while people drink. My opinion is that is not a family-friendly decision.

I think that it is a great idea.

I have a suggestion that may make all parties happy. CL's on many ships during crowded times of the year are already forced to run overflow lounges due to the large number of guests....so why not go ahead and use the overflow lounge as a dedicated family only lounge. This would keep the main CL as an adult only lounge while still offering those suite guests that would like to bring their children along another separate area that caters more towards families. IMO this would make the best of both worlds and keep all parties happy with minimal to any extra cost involved.

As a parent of nine and eleven year olds staying in a family suite on my next cruise, I admit that I like the option of getting a complimentary glass of wine before dinner and not having to leave our children alone or go one at a time. That said I would gladly never touch the concierge lounge if Royal gave us an in suite bottle of wine a night or 2 free drink coupons to use at a bar of our choice while the kids were in evening Adventure Ocean programs. Perhaps they should get rid of one room for free drinks idea altogether if we all can't get along like grown ups.

I have a suggestion that may make all parties happy. CL's on many ships during crowded times of the year are already forced to run overflow lounges due to the large number of guests....so why not go ahead and use the overflow lounge as a dedicated family only lounge. This would keep the main CL as an adult only lounge while still offering those suite guests that would like to bring their children along another separate area that caters more towards families. IMO this would make the best of both worlds and keep all parties happy with minimal to any extra cost involved.

Logical........from some people I've met and seen in the CL, they have to be in the CL...won't beneath themselves to go to the D lounge (even tho they could) sooo I can't imagine the same people going to an 'overflow' lounge....(no flaming...I said SOME and I doubt those people are on CC!!!)

I don't know if there's a solution that makes everyone happy.......I'm sure RCL will do whatever is going to make the best financial solution.

Just not everyone will be happy with the decision.....hence, the boards!

As a parent of nine and eleven year olds staying in a family suite on my next cruise, I admit that I like the option of getting a complimentary glass of wine before dinner and not having to leave our children alone or go one at a time. That said I would gladly never touch the concierge lounge if Royal gave us an in suite bottle of wine a night or 2 free drink coupons to use at a bar of our choice while the kids were in evening Adventure Ocean programs. Perhaps they should get rid of one room for free drinks idea altogether if we all can't get along like grown ups.

"where's the Like button"?? welll said!

LIKE Button .... with a caveat ....

Family lounge should not be limited to only families. Childless friends of the family should also be allowed to attend family lounge (at their own risk), but not vise verse.

"where's the Like button"?? welll said!

I also like this suggestion....I think that Royal can come up with a solution that keeps "most" happy if they try.

When Vegas decided to become "Family Friendly" 10 years ago they quickly learned it was the biggest marketing mistake the city had ever made.

Hopefully RCI will come to their senses and quickly reverse this blunder.

When are most of you D+ ers and wanna be D+ ers going to wake up and figure it out. Times are Changing

Over the last several years RC is becoming or has become a very family oriented mass market line. Call it what you may , but it is evolving to this, they want Families, they are going to cater to families, especially on the 5 largest ships.. You will see more and more casual dress suggestions, more my time dining, etc. etc. The past is slowly going away folkes, especially for you older long time cruisers.

We have been on 1 RC ship in almost 2 yrs now, and that is the Majesty, only to get away for a weekend.

We have been on Celebrity 5 times in the last 20 months, and will most likely not set foot on another RC ship. Not that we don't like RC, just that the demograhpic for us is not what we want any more.

For us X is much more to our liking. We are in our mid 50's. Yes we have had families on X, howerver very few, even in the spring, and we would never cruise in the spring, due to spring break and all the kaos at times.

We purchase their liquor packages, wine, and bottles of hard liquor for our cabin, and we mostly stayed in suites on RC and not for the free booze or the CL. I could not stand the snobbishness of the CL. We are D+ anyway.

No need for the suites on X, The Concierge class, or Aquaclass is just fine for us.

Better service, better food and just an overall better cruise experience for what we now look for. Sometimes it is hard to comprehend that the 2 lines are owned by the same co.

Oh, one more thing, If any of you D and D+ers are thinking about trying X, and getting your free booze for an hour or 2 each day, please leave your whining and complaining behind. It has really been very enjoyable to actually have converstions with folkes that don't feel the need to tell you all the crap wrong with the cruise line while you are on the cruise.

That is a good ides. BUT if you just move the CHEAP LOW SHELF BOOZE to the overflow lounge and sure enough the" freebies I deserve it alls "will follow like bears to honey. And families that PAY TOP DOLLAR for the suites can enjoy the lounge that was set up initially for them. After all it is their cruise fare is paying for that space. ;)

That is a good ides. BUT if you just move the CHEAP LOW SHELF BOOZE to the overflow lounge and sure enough the" freebies I deserve it alls "will follow like bears to honey. And families that PAY TOP DOLLAR for the suites can enjoy the lounge that was set up initially for them. After all it is their cruise fare is paying for that space. ;)

I was going to reply to this ridiculous post, but thought better of it. I don't want to get kicked of CC.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

IF all the suites were booked (not used as upgrades)...would it amount to more revenue than the D and D+'s cabins???????

Would be interesting to know!!

When Vegas decided to become "Family Friendly" 10 years ago they quickly learned it was the biggest marketing mistake the city had ever made.

Hopefully RCI will come to their senses and quickly reverse this blunder.

Yes, god knows, the last thing we'd want RCI to become if Family Friendly.... :eek:

Some of the whining in this thread is just amazing to me.

-germ

IF all the suites were booked (not used as upgrades)...would it amount to more revenue than the D and D+'s cabins???????

Would be interesting to know!!

Yes that would be interesting to know. A good company should do the financial studies and have that information BEFORE they change policy in regards to the running of said company.....Very interesting....;)

Yes, god knows, the last thing we'd want RCI to become if Family Friendly.... :eek:

Some of the whining in this thread is just amazing to me.

-germ

Being "Family Friendly" shouldn't mean that there are no adult venues just for adults.

I've heard some pretty "racey" jokes and stories in the CL..what will happen if an adult is having an adult conversation and someones kid overhears it...it could cause a big problem in the room and the Concierge will have to get into the middle of it.

Not fair and really not what their job description is.

Will the adults be told to tone things down because there are small kids in the room? Will some parent get in someones face because a "dirty" word has been uttered within earshot of their offspring?

Being "Family Friendly" shouldn't mean that there are no adult venues just for adults.

I've heard some pretty "racey" jokes and stories in the CL..what will happen if an adult is having an adult conversation and someones kid overhears it...it could cause a big problem in the room and the Concierge will have to get into the middle of it.

Not fair and really not what their job description is.

Will the adults be told to tone things down because there are small kids in the room? Will some parent get in someones face because a "dirty" word has been uttered within earshot of their offspring?

What kind of "adults" are in the CL if they don't have the sense to watch what they say in front of a child? Talk about BAD EXAMPLE!!:eek:

Archived