Best Deck for Balcony on Oasis?

Love the question. Had the same problem making reservations myself. With all my cruising experience, even a ship this massive I had a hard time deciding which deck and settled on deck 9. I remember sailing the early years on Sun Viking on up and would always take the stairs instead of the elevators for the exercise. Well, as the they kept building more ships, I would comment on the sailings, boy I'm getting older and it was getting harder to do the stairs. Then it finially hit me, each ship was getting taller with more decks. Dah, lol, so do a combo of stairs, evelators and (hate to admit now) some age. Boys those needs burn after about 5 decks of going up stairs.

Dave

More important is being located near a stair/elevator lobby, IMO. It helps to minimize the amount of walking you'll have to do to get from place to place. We were on deck 10 near the forward elevators, which was easy to pop down to the Park Cafe or Promenade, or up to the Solarium. I think being near the rear elevators would be even better because in addition to CP and Promenade, you'd be able to access the Boardwalk and dining rooms easily too!

Love the question. Had the same problem making reservations myself. With all my cruising experience, even a ship this massive I had a hard time deciding which deck and settled on deck 9.

What do you think about that deck? I have book cabin 9556 for my Allure cruise

I will start saying that if you see the deck plans you will see that from deck 6 to deck 8 at the hump on the back there are only JS.

At deck 9 you start seeing larger suites.

From deck 10 there are OS and when you go to the deck 11 and 14 you will see more OS per deck.

So you can see that when you start going up you will see better suites.

And at the deck 12 there are 2 of the 3 best suites on the ship.

So we can say that the deck 12 is "the best"??

For my Oasis cruise I had 12664 and it was perfect!

Now for the Allure I have 9556

We just got back from Oasis today. We were on deck 11 for the second time, it was great. We also liked being able to walk to the back end of the hall to the public deck overlooking the aqua theater. No matter which deck you choose try not to be to far from the elevators, it is a long walk if you are not. We also like the higher decks for the views while in ports. If you like to watch the ship pull in port and watch the "runners" before the ship leaves you will want the starboard side.

Archived