coffee Pots

Mr.MrsAce

what cruiseline? I know carnival says no household appliances.

I had a little 6 ft extension cord taken from me a week or so ago boarding Oasis, as a fire hazard.

I think pots to boil water are more allowed in europe as people drink tea.

id bring some of that starbucks instant coffee if you really dont want to drink their coffee. almost all cruiseline will deliver a carafe of coffee in the morning or hot water.

You probably can (I always have) just be aware there's a chance it could get confiscated (just like smuggling booze ;)). I always take a little 5 cup El Cheapo that cost like $15. If it gets taken away it's no major financial loss. Pack it in your check baggage surrounded by as much junk as possible. Security doesn't have time to search thousands and thousands of suitcases. I expect they're concentrating on weapons, etc.

Good luck.

JHC

I take a French Press type coffee pot. I order hot water (and tip well if the water is REALLY hot when it arrives). Since the press is not a powered device (other than muscle power) it is no problem bringing it. This means I can have decent coffee whenever I want it.

You probably can (I always have) just be aware there's a chance it could get confiscated (just like smuggling booze ;)). I always take a little 5 cup El Cheapo that cost like $15. If it gets taken away it's no major financial loss. Pack it in your check baggage surrounded by as much junk as possible. Security doesn't have time to search thousands and thousands of suitcases. I expect they're concentrating on weapons, etc.

Good luck.

JHC

Of course, the "El Cheapo" model is just the sort of heat producing thing that most needs to be confiscated as a fire risk.

You probably can (I always have) just be aware there's a chance it could get confiscated (just like smuggling booze ;)). I always take a little 5 cup El Cheapo that cost like $15.

Good luck.

JHC

I will be sure the check that you are not on my cruise

Talk about fire hazard :eek:

If you prefer your own coffee another option is to bring a Melitta pour over coffee maker. You put a filter on top with the coffee and from room service you can get hot water to pour into the coffee maker. Or as mentioned above you can use a french press coffee maker. In both cases, these are non-electrical items.

Keith

Good luck.

JHC

Wow! Fire is the biggest threat on a ship. If you are own your own yacht or rowboat, do as you please. But, if you are sailing with me and the ship bans appliances, please leave your coffee pot home and don't endanger me and your fellow cruisers. C'mon!

I am not the first to point out the danger of intentionally bringing a fire hazard aboard a ship!

Most importantly, as has been said, sinking is not the most common hazard -- fire is! (Not that a ship cannot sink after a severe fire!)

The electrical systems in the cabins are simply not designed to carry the load of heating devices. For those who don't know, not all things plugged into a plug draw the same amount of current. Heating elements draw a lot of amperage, and can cause wiring to overheat and catch fire.

While it is difficult to get dressed to get some coffee, it is simply a necessity at sea.

I will assume that the OP simply did not know. On the other hand, I also agree that JHCALLAHAN should not have his coffee maker taken, he should be prohibited from boarding any ship that has innocent people aboard. He is intentionally, wantonly and recklessly endangering others' lives due to his total lack of concern. Folks, that is why you have a muster drill --- people, among other things, think only of themselves and bring aboard items that endanger everyone, and do it knowing that they are not allowed. It must take a lot of conceit to be able to do that and not think about the consequences.

I know some people might think I have been a tad harsh, but frankly, I have seen fires at sea, some very nasty and deadly, and personally I think I have been overly kind!

Archived