Best Piano Entertainer on Carnival? (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I am sorry, but I think Ben is the best piano bar entertainer in the fleet. He will be the John Heald of piano bar entertainers. Ole ... Ole....Ole....Ole...Ole.....

I agree with you about Ben, but I understand we don't all like the same things. Traditionalists prefer a PBE who sings the entire song, all of the original words, etc, and Ben rarely does that. He's basically an improv artist, making up words to fit the situation or company on the spot. I find it to be a rare and entertaining talent.....and then there are the props ;)

Funny thing about the Ole....Ole....Ole.....Ole.....he tried to throw a dollar bill to a cruiser (so they could make another attempt at the basket) but ended up making it into a drink glass by mistake.........so you know what he had to do! lol :D

Edited by LibratPDX

I am excited about Jason Libs on the Freedom in 3 weeks. His YouTube videos look pretty entertaining. Is he new to carnival?

Yes, this is his first contract with Carnival.

Let us know how you like him when you return.

Happy Cruising,

Laura

I just watched Jason's Youtube videos, and you're right, they're pretty good. Looking forward to the piano bar on my upcoming cruise.

Okay, so we just disembarked the Freedom yesterday, and I can affirm that Jason Libs is one of the best piano bar singers we've had in a very long time. This past week's cruise was the first time in five years that I'd seen a piano bar on Carnival packed to the point that if you didn't get there early, you wouldn't get a seat. People claimed the seats around the piano at least a half hour before the event was scheduled to start. Jason does not have the best voice in the world, but he is a good singer. Undoubtedly, his strongest point is his personality and the fact that he is a great entertainer and knows how to involve his audience. He also plays guitar and harmonica. He also knows some great sing-a-long songs that most everyone knows and loves. However, he does not have a printed list of the songs that are in his repertoire. I just simply asked him do you know blah blah blah. Regardless, he knew some of the best sing-a-longs and almost all of what I requested. I hope he is the piano singer on my next cruise, as the piano bar was the highlight of each night aboard this past week. It's been a long, long time since I could say that about the Carnival piano bar.

Okay, so we just disembarked the Freedom yesterday, and I can affirm that Jason Libs is one of the best piano bar singers we've had in a very long time. This past week's cruise was the first time in five years that I'd seen a piano bar on Carnival packed to the point that if you didn't get there early, you wouldn't get a seat. People claimed the seats around the piano at least a half hour before the event was scheduled to start. Jason does not have the best voice in the world, but he is a good singer. Undoubtedly, his strongest point is his personality and the fact that he is a great entertainer and knows how to involve his audience. He also plays guitar and harmonica. He also knows some great sing-a-long songs that most everyone knows and loves. However, he does not have a printed list of the songs that are in his repertoire. I just simply asked him do you know blah blah blah. Regardless, he knew some of the best sing-a-longs and almost all of what I requested. I hope he is the piano singer on my next cruise, as the piano bar was the highlight of each night aboard this past week. It's been a long, long time since I could say that about the Carnival piano bar.

OMG. Can't wait. Will be onboard a week from today. Thanks for the report.

I am excited about Jason Libs on the Freedom in 3 weeks. His YouTube videos look pretty entertaining. Is he new to carnival?

Jason is great, but get there early if you want a seat around the piano. We never got there early enough to get a "prime" seat, but we still enjoyed ourselves immensely. Let us know your opinion of him when you return. Bon voyage.

OMG. Can't wait. Will be onboard a week from today. Thanks for the report.

You're welcome. I would say that the live entertainment on this ship was leaps and bounds better than what we'd had our last few trips on Carnival. It has been two years since we sailed on Carnival (last year we did Princess and Royal). Also, we had late dining on this trip so we had an opportunity to sample some of the other live music offered while waiting for dinner. There is a guitarist/singer named Zoe who we caught in the Red Frog Pub and also the Atrium bar. She has a nice mellow sound and nicely sings Beatles songs and Simon and Garfunkel. These stood out, but she also had a varied repertoire. We also enjoyed a Filipino duo that appeared to be husband and wife. I can't remember their names now, but I have all the Funtimes and will look them up and report back later. Bottom line is, the live entertainment on the Freedom, especially the piano bar, was awesome.

HI ALL :)

JUST OFF THE CONQUEST ON SUN.11/16. OUR PIANO MAN WAS PETER DAMON, AND ALL I CAN SAY IS IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO JOIN HIM YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. HE IS FIRST OF ALL A VERY ACCOMPLISHED PIANO PLAYER, PLAYING ALL TYPES OF MUSIC. HE IS ALSO VERY ENTERTAINING, FUNNY, AND VERY PERSONABLE. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!! BEST PIANO BAR ENTERTAINER WE HAVE ENJOYED TO DATE!

I WILL ADD THAT IT IS A MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE ATMOSPHERE SINCE IT BECAME NON-SMOKING AS WELL.

LATER

BOB :cool:

Edited by Bobba22

JUST OFF THE CONQUEST ON SUN.11/16. OUR PIANO MAN WAS PETER DAMON, AND ALL I CAN SAY IS IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO JOIN HIM YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. HE IS FIRST OF ALL A VERY ACCOMPLISHED PIANO PLAYER, PLAYING ALL TYPES OF MUSIC. HE IS ALSO VERY ENTERTAINING, FUNNY, AND VERY PERSONABLE. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!! BEST PIANO BAR ENTERTAINER WE HAVE ENJOYED TO DATE!

I WILL ADD THAT IT IS A MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE ATMOSPHERE SINCE IT BECAME NON-SMOKING AS WELL.

LATER

I thought all the piano bars were non-smoking across the fleet (since 2011?).

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

LATER

Why are you shouting?