Does The Upsell Fairy Ever Make A Better Offer?

mit01

I have never heard from the upsell fairy. But my parents always hear from her!!! Last time she called, my parents said, "That offer is too expensive, what else do you have?" and sure enough....the fairy gave them another offer at a good deal.

I had a call from the upsell fairy last night, but what they were offering was above my budget. Do they ever call back with a better offer?

When I asked them, I was told....

Only after they have gone thru their entire list of people they are offering the upgrade to. They also can't accept any counter offers. You can get a better deal only if no one on their "list" takes the initial offer.

Might be a fun poll question - have you been called? How many cruises up-to that point?

After more than a dozen Carnival cruises, we've NEVER been called. Suspect they figure they have secured our allegiance.

Oh well, I'll dream on about Fairy's! <the good kind>

We did receive a better offer from the upsell fairy once. We had an aft wrap and nextdoor aft balcony booked on Conquest last year. (We booked this particular cruise for the aft wrap, in fact.:p) Two days before sailing we received a call offering a grand suite for the four of us for an additional $500. No sale - I wanted my aft wrap. A couple of hours later we received a call offering the grand suite with OBC in the amount of our sons' fares (about $1300). As much as I wanted that aft wrap, we couldn't turn down a deal like that. I gather that someone else out there REALLY wanted that aft wrap and was willing to pay premium for it.

We did receive a better offer from the upsell fairy once. We had an aft wrap and nextdoor aft balcony booked on Conquest last year. (We booked this particular cruise for the aft wrap, in fact.:p) Two days before sailing we received a call offering a grand suite for the four of us for an additional $500. No sale - I wanted my aft wrap. A couple of hours later we received a call offering the grand suite with OBC in the amount of our sons' fares (about $1300). As much as I wanted that aft wrap, we couldn't turn down a deal like that. I gather that someone else out there REALLY wanted that aft wrap and was willing to pay premium for it.

Wow- now THAT is a good fairy!

Let's stop using the term "upgrade fairy."

It should be "upgrade salesperson."

"Upgrade fairy" should be reserved for those rare instances when a FREE upgrade is being offered.

The majority of posters on CC just call him/her the UpSELL fairy.

easier to say.

We got the call once. Insides to balconies for $40pp. We had 5 cabins linked and all 5 got the upsell offer and took it! That was in 2006 so I'm sure things have changed quite a bit since then. We're going again in February 2012 with 5 cabins linked. We're all OK with our cabins but if the fairy should call, we're ready!

On the phone with the upsell fairy right now. $40/pp from 2 inside cabins to a grande suite. I think I just had an orgasm, (hope no one is offended by that)

Original offer was $55/pp. 5 people!!!!!

Is that $40 pp per day?! Or just $40 pp? That's amazing! I seem to always get calls from the upsell fairy- just ask your PVP (if that's who you book with) to put you on the 'list'.

The best was a FREE upgrade from interior to balcony (on Princess, not Carnival). It was a good investment for Princess- since then, we always drop the extra cash on the balcony!

On the phone with the upsell fairy right now. $40/pp from 2 inside cabins to a grande suite. I think I just had an orgasm, (hope no one is offended by that)

Original offer was $55/pp. 5 people!!!!!

Not that I don't believe, but it seems a little to good to be true. $200 for 5 people from inside to Grand suite...

Anyway, I've been on 18 Carnival cruises never got a call. I have had one email upgrade interior main deck to OV Empress $30 total on a New Years cuise last year. We took it! We were also linked to others but theydidnt get the email, so I don't think that keeps them from offering.

Archived