FBI Investigating Dead Newborn Found on Carnival Cruise Ship

LauraS

Thanks for the link- not much new other than some unknown person is saying that the mother claims she didn't know she was pregnant. Other than that- nothing new.

And I don't think anyone is suggesting that putting the baby under the bed was good.

In my 25 years at sea it is one of the saddest situations I have ever heard.

Bad things happen on cruise ships all the time. People go overboard, people are killed or raped- this is sad, yes. Perhaps worse than sad, depending on what the situation is.

Bad things happen everyplace-not sure why you had to mention killed or raped on a cruise ship.:confused:

I have to believe there are angels to assist ones who so quickly come into and leave this world..I'd be more afraid if i knew the death of an adult or older child happened in a cabin under some awful circumstances and what energy/spirit could be lingering...and please leave flaming out...more and more we are learning every day about this and I think this is predominent fear... bad spirits or energy lingering in a small place..this mother was moved on and is dealing with her circumstances elsewhere...S.

It's not silly and many-many people, who don't speak up, may also feel somewhat uneasy about sleeping in a cabin where an innocent newborn died and was left on the floor like garbage.

So once again does anyone know the cabin number?

Has it occurred to you yet that CCL isn't going to release the cabin number so that don't have to deal with this type of attitude? Just let it go. You're better off not knowing.

Bad things happen everyplace-not sure why you had to mention killed or raped on a cruise ship.:confused:

I was just pointing out that although this was awful, perhaps equally bad things have happened on cruise ships and that the CD shouldn't be blowing this incident out of perspective- particularly since so little is really known. All are very very rare but they do happen.

On thing I haven't seen addressed yet, is that the baby was born before they reached St. Thomas. What did she do with it while they were at St. Thomas? And the mess? Having a baby is a messy business, even if you just think you are constipated and push it out into the toilet...I know, lots of things to speculate about, ans we will never know. EM

Has it occurred to you yet that CCL isn't going to release the cabin number so that don't have to deal with this type of attitude? Just let it go. You're better off not knowing.

Better off, perhaps, however it might be nice to know (in advance) so as not to book that particular cabin; I'm sailing on Dream next July and it makes me wonder.

As for those who keep saying that the cabin will be "properly cleaned" it's not about being clean it's about what happened inside of the cabin and it's starting to sound like a preventable death of an innocent baby! :(

Better off, perhaps, however it might be nice to know (in advance) so as not to book that particular cabin; I'm sailing on Dream next July and it makes me wonder.

As for those who keep saying that the cabin will be "properly cleaned" it's not about being clean it's about what happened inside of the cabin and it's starting to sound like a preventable death of an innocent baby! :(

time to move on. it's not relevant, and if it concerns you so much, don't book this ship. there are deaths every week on a ship somewhere, and the rooms clearly aren't retired, so give it up.

OK didn't know she was pregnant...I had a girl work for me who didn't know she was pregnat-everyone around her knew, but she didn't. (she only had sex once with her cousin and thought cousins couldn't get you pregnant:eek:) Just another reinforcement that parents need to talk with their children about sex, even if they do become embarressed about the talk. It would be so much better than a dead child.

And it says she didnt know she was pregnant where?

A great many people die on cruises regularly, albeit majority of natural causes. Enough so there's even a morgue on board.

So...... guest what.... :p

Since this bothers you so much, you should probably avoid that ship entirely just to be sure. :rolleyes:

Geez. Can't believe people are making fun of the person who doesn't want that cabin. I'm a guy with a very low ick factor and I would never want to be in that stateroom.

Dude, if you knew the "ick factor" of everything, including your own car, you would never leave your house. Heck, what about the "ick factor" of your house? Would you sell your house if you found out someone died in it?

That's the part i don't get. You claim you don't know which i dont believe but ok i'll go with that but when the baby is falling from your crotch you cut the cord and stuff it under the bed. Why not call the ships doctor.

None of the reports say the baby was under the bed.

None of the reports say the mom was enjoying herself on an island. The reports say she was detained by the authorities in St. Martin. She could have been onboard and actually could have been in her room and the room steward heard something and investigated. Just saying. Nothing has been released to prove the baby was murdered. I want to hope that the baby was still born and the mother was in shock. She may have left the baby in the bed and began walking to the doctor's office. There are 100 maybes and this is the one I chose to believe since no evidence of foul play has been reported.

None of the reports say the baby was under the bed.

None of the reports say the mom was enjoying herself on an island. The reports say she was detained by the authorities in St. Martin............ There are 100 maybes and this is the one I chose to believe since no evidence of foul play has been reported.

The voice of sanity.......thank you!

Just mindless speculation about what happened with all sorts of allegations against the mother and what transpired.

Let the facts surface before we judge anyone!

The girl that worked for me what not retarted mentally in any way, but pure innocense. She really did not have a clue that she was pregnant and that it could happen by having sex with a relative. She thought she was missing her "monthlies" because she was getting fat. I used to teach. My kindergardeners knew more than this girl did. How can that happen? I have no idea. This was back in the 80's. But I still thought it odd.

If I hadn't had a friend with a good healthy relationship with her mother, and they took care of me alot while I was growing up, I don't think I would have known a thing about the "birds and the bees" either. My parents kept sex and sexuality in the closet-unspoken-period. So maybe that's what happened to this girl too. Maybe. You are right about the umbilical cord, someone else must have been involved, and I would have thought that the girl would have been in a lot of pain.

Again, we don't know the whole story.

I can believe this, especially since you said this happened in the 80's. Stories like this were definitely more common back then.

My aunt, who is in her 70's now, told me she didn't even know what a period was until she got hers. She said at first she thought she was seriously ill. Others had to tell her what was going on. Granted, this was even farther back then the 80's, but you see what I'm getting at.

Even more recently, some kids (prior to the internet especially) grew up in families that simply didn't talk about the facts of life. Hard to believe in this day and age, but I'll bet it still happens. Not everyone is online either.

We don't have all the facts in this cruise ship case, of course, but who knows what the girl's family life is like. They could be abusive or otherwise dysfunctional, extremely conservative such that she feared letting them know she was pregnant, she could have been raped, or maybe she really had no idea she was pregnant...who knows.

If the baby died naturally after birth or was stillborn, I suppose that's one thing. If the mother or someone else killed the baby deliberately, well that is wrong and is a crime. But I guess that remains to be seen. We just don't know what happened.

how sad but I'm sorry. I've been pregnant twice and I still don't know how anyone wouldn't know they are pregnant. You feel like you have a little alien moving around inside of you, like nothing else you've ever felt. Even if you don't show a lot, how do you acount for the movement. I could see the movement on my stomach, not just feel it. I really have a heard time with this, I didn't know I was pregnant BS

how sad but I'm sorry. I've been pregnant twice and I still don't know how anyone wouldn't know they are pregnant. You feel like you have a little alien moving around inside of you, like nothing else you've ever felt. Even if you don't show a lot, how do you acount for the movement. I could see the movement on my stomach, not just feel it. I really have a heard time with this, I didn't know I was pregnant BS

It really isn't as unheard of as many people think Different people's bodies work different ways. I was seven and a half moths pregnant with my son before i knew it. I had periods all the way through the pregnancy. He was a ten pounder. They say if her had been smaller, I might not have realized till giving birth. I had cysts and pains all my life in that area, so my body had become tolerant of pain there.

Plus, as stated earlier, no one has reported that the girl said she didn't know.

Archived