Website issues - once again

voyager70

:mad:

When I try to login this evening (several attempts) using either the "login" tab or "my cruises" tab each time I get directed to the Customer Support section. Will not let me even view my future reservations. Chalk this up to another website fail :mad: RCI, you can build billion dollar ships like Oasis & Allure but can you please hire someone with a brain to build your website PLEASE !?!

:mad:

When I try to login this evening (several attempts) using either the "login" tab or "my cruises" tab each time I get directed to the Customer Support section. Will not let me even view my future reservations. Chalk this up to another website fail :mad: RCI, you can build billion dollar ships like Oasis & Allure but can you please hire someone with a brain to build your website PLEASE !?!

Strange, working fine for me:confused:

This has happened to me a number of times - mostly evenings and weekends.

Sometimes you cannot log -in just as you described. Other times you cannot

get any cruise info.

They must be doing website work when this occurs and the system is

disabled.

I don't think it's compatible with anybody! :p It's funky for me always. Then, as I said in another thread, it looks like I'm logged in as my name is at the top, but when I try to look at certain things like in C&A, it says I'm not. :rolleyes:

We've been having trouble with the site for the last 2 days.

Here is the strange part...selective gliches...for some time, I'm talking several years...when I go to book the stateroom, the site will not put up the drawing of deck 7! I kid you not, I can look at any deck plan BUT 7. I get the red X box instead. I have mentioned this to a lot of agents over the last several years, but you know how that is...duh! Nobody knows anything. And we have booked many rooms on that deck for some reason. We like it. Anyway, then I found that if I click on "Printable Version" then I can access it from a PDF file, so I outsmarted the system...don't have too much confidence in their I.T. department. But have found a way around it.:D

After I posted above, I got a pop-up Microsoft message that said something is trying to download an executable file and it must close (or something to that effect!), and then it closed the RCI tab "for my protection."

I wonder if they're trying to track what we're looking at, but they end up making it difficult for us to do what we want to do on the site.

We just sailed the Allure of the Seas in September and the Ship and Cruise itself was wonderful. Really enjoyed it very much.

That being said the RCI website is beyond horrible. The frustrations I have had with it will probably be enough to not book a RCI cruise again. While there can be technical and sporadic problems with any site at times, the problems with the RCI site go well beyond that. They have been well documented and are not new and yet RCI does not fix them. :eek:

I am an experienced IT consultant that works with database and website servers for major corporations. Last night my browser could not even find the RCI website which had completely disappeared from the Internet. Tonight I tried accessing my purchased cruises and that is down. It has been my experience that the RCI website is beyond poorly run. In all the fortune 100 companies I have consulted, there would have been a lot of heads rolling for such inexcusable service. RCI is a company that markets to the public all over the world and needs to have their website and database servers available 24x7x365. In this day and age there is absolutely no excuse for not doing this.

They posted another notice on the UK site saying that it would be down for 9 hours overnight. Unfortunately, they post these warnings under Travel Alerts, rather than as a splash on the homepage or something, so I'm guessing a lot of people don't see them.

But it does beggar belief that they have to take it down so often.

Archived