Price of FL Turnpike

calex1976

We will be traveling from Mobile, AL. to Ft Lauderdale, FL. this January. I plan on using the Florida Turnpike as much as we can. Can anyone tell me the price for all tolls going from the north end of turnpike to Ft Lauderdale? It has been many year since I have used the Turnpike. Now that the stickers are available for prepaid I would like to go ahead and prepay for a pass and not worry about keeping up with my Sunpass account on the way down. If any one has traveled the Turnpike from Wildwood to Ft Lauderdale could they pass along the price of the tolls?

I'm sure the prices have changed since I last took the Turnpike the whole way down. I usually get off near Jupiter and take I-95 instead to save some money.

Here is the official toll calculator from the Turnpike's website that may help you out:

http://www.floridasturnpike.com/TRI/index.htm

Me too, I get off around Jupiter and take I95. I dont see a big difference in the time to go down I95, unless there is a problem .. and there could just as easily be a problem on the turnpike.

or i go down the west/gulf coast and cut thru alligator alley (also a toll) if I was going to S. Florida.

Thanks for the quick info and the link. I had used the link before but could not get it to work. I patchy internet offshore, but it seems to work now, $12.50 if I am using it correctly. I will look into taking the Jupiter exit myself. I used to use the turnpike when I worked out of CoCo Beach years ago. We will be traveling late at night and I like the idea of not pulling into run down gas station instead of a well lit facility. I see enough of them traveling from Mobile to New Orleans every couple of weeks. Thanks again for the info.

You could also get off more north at Fort Pierce which is very similar to the Jupiter exit in that the Turnpike and I-95 intersect at this exit. Now at this point I-95 is like 5 miles longer than the Turnpike to the 2nd intersect point in Jupiter, but you are saving $3.00 in tolls.

Also it isn't necessary to to purchase a Sunpass Sticker. I believe you can call the Sunpass "Toll by Plate" number and give them your credit card information and they will charge your card whenever you use the Sunpass system. You can also do nothing and they will send you a bill. The difference here is they will charge you $2.50 administrative fee for the bill printout and processing.

Either way, Florida has given people options in regards to paying tolls over the years so you should be ready to go. If it was me I would go with the $4.99 Sunpass sticker if they still give you $4.99 prepaid in tolls. Also you would still get the Sunpass benefits of a 25% discount.

Good Luck and Have Fun.

I usually get on the turnpike at Yeehaw Junction, and travel to the end of the tolls. As I recall, the toll to do that is $6.80. (I could be off a bit, but I don't think so.) Of course, the additional mileage, from Wildwood, to Yeehaw will add a couple of bucks to that. I wouldn't think it'll be over $10 in any case.

Have a GREAT cruise!

"SKY"

We will be traveling from Mobile, AL. to Ft Lauderdale, FL. this January. I plan on using the Florida Turnpike as much as we can. Can anyone tell me the price for all tolls going from the north end of turnpike to Ft Lauderdale? It has been many year since I have used the Turnpike. Now that the stickers are available for prepaid I would like to go ahead and prepay for a pass and not worry about keeping up with my Sunpass account on the way down. If any one has traveled the Turnpike from Wildwood to Ft Lauderdale could they pass along the price of the tolls?

The toll plaza's are in segments. The total cost isn't published like the old days when you got a card when starting and pay at the last exit.

I would suggest looking into the Sun pass system. You pre pay tolls on the chip thing / transponder. Then receive discount over paying the cash price. You can drive non stop instead of stopping at each toll plaza.

Hope this helps.

If I remember correctly, it was $17 total in tolls between Panama City & Miami a month ago. I also recommend a Sunpass. You can pick one up at most CVS Pharmacies in FL. I will get one before my next trip down South.

They also sell the Sunpass at the rest stops on the Turnpike.

We recently drove the Fl Turnpike from the start below Miami as far north as it goes in a rental car. I got my bill from Hertz and subtracting the $2.95 per day for using Hertz's Sunpass the bill was about $18.00 for the tolls. Part of it parallels 95 and we were moving along at 70mph while 95 was at a standstill. So glad we opted for the Turnpike. I just wanted to get home to TX as fast as possible.

I ordered one online after a trip to Key West this year. On our trip the toll roads were in transition (construction going on) and we received several "picture tickets" in the mail when we returned home. I ordered the portable version they recommended in their literature so we can use it in more than one car.

Type "Florida Turnpike" into Google and you will get all the information you need.

DON

We just did this trip, we live an hour east of Mobile. We paid $2.50 at the first toll booth, I think there was one more toll booth and then the next one we got a ticket that took us all the way to Ft. Lauderdale, there may have been one toll after that. Total was about $17. We stayed in Hollywood and used a GPS, I think we could have gotten off the turnpike sooner but it was just easier using the GPS.

As other have said you can get off and go on I95, we didn't think it was worth it just to save a few dollars.

We live just North of Wildwood - If you take the Turnpike and get off at Jupiter (we do this every time we go to FLL) it will be just about 17.00.

Buy yourself a Sunpass, the nice thing is that you can put as much you want on it and you can set it up to automatically reload when it gets low (i.e. anytime our Sunpass falls below 5.00 it automatically adds 15.00 to the sun pass)

When you get off in Jupiter, it is just as quick as staying on the Turnpike the entire way......

Someone else asked about cashless tolls, yes Florida is trying it in South Florida, if it works there - it can work anywhere :) It's a great way for the State to still receive the toll money and not tie up traffic

Have a safe drive

ever think of taking 75 south instead?? just one toll in the ally and bring u right into ft lauderdale..

10 east- 75 south...

We would prefer the turnpike, because of it being a late night drive. Too many exits to take and worry about stations being closed on Interstate. She would freak out on the ally. I have ridden it a few times and enjoyed it, but she could not handle it.

I always wondered how many workers were got ate building that road.

We live in northeast Florida, and just take I-95 the whole way to FLL. If we use the FL Turnpike, it isn't for long... It's never been a bad trip. From Mobile, you could take I-10 to I-95.

We usually stay overnight pre-cruise at LaQuinta in Hollywood. What we like about LQ is the free parking during the cruise, and shuttle to the port about 11 AM after complimentary buffet breakfast. The only drawback is they don't pick up at the pier post-cruise, but a taxi only costs about $35.

However you get to FLL, have a great cruise!!

May I add to this discussion? We live in MI and we don't have toll roads. We had a rental car in Florida for the Orlando area. Were clueless on the toll system. Saw booths but thought they were exits (senior moments, I know). Kept going. Later found out you were sposed to go through them and pay. Guess they give you a couple of freebies but, of course, we ran more of those stations and then also got stuck in sunpass lane in heavy traffic. Upshot? We got a bill for those tolls from the rental car company plus a $25 fee (which was in the fine print). We've decided to avoid toll roads, too much stress.

Lib

I know several people have suggested getting off at Jupiter. I live in Central FL and take I-95 down south but I switch over to the TP once I get to Jupiter. Traffic on I-95 is very crazy once you get that far south, it isn't worth the hassle. My advice, spend the $3 and stay on the TP.

May I add to this discussion? We live in MI and we don't have toll roads. We had a rental car in Florida for the Orlando area. Were clueless on the toll system. Saw booths but thought they were exits (senior moments, I know). Kept going. Later found out you were sposed to go through them and pay. Guess they give you a couple of freebies but, of course, we ran more of those stations and then also got stuck in sunpass lane in heavy traffic. Upshot? We got a bill for those tolls from the rental car company plus a $25 fee (which was in the fine print). We've decided to avoid toll roads, too much stress.

Lib

This too happen to us in a rental from Thrifty at the Miami airport. Got home, got three different violations in one week, heavily fined to the tune of over $150 dollars. Talked to Thrifty and finally convinced them we were unaware and NO ONE told us we should by the transponder from them and NOT be charged and fined. To make a long story short they chopped the fees to $75 and I got the credit on the cr. card, but am now worried that when we travel again this yr. that if those violations were not REALLY cleared up by Thrifty we will have trouble traveling from NW. FL. to the Keys. Got some time to do it and a Cust. Relations # to check, but will buy my own sticker WAAAY before I leave. I BLAME Thrifty and will not use them again. Also, now know thru the cc boards that the cost should have been maybe $20 each way. Yep, We got ripped!

Archived