Towel Charges Poll

pgaedke

Have you ever been charged for a pool towel you have returned?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been charged for a pool towel you have returned?

Given the posts about wrongly being charged for towels you have returned, I thought it would be interesting to just take a poll.

The question: Have you ever been charged for pool towels you have returned? Yes or No

Just curious :D

Given the posts about wrongly being charged for towels you have returned, I thought it would be interesting to just take a poll.

The question: Have you ever been charged for pool towels you have returned? Yes or No

Just curious :D

Yes,,but we went directly to guest services and straightened it out,,they make that "mistake" alot,,so be forewarned....:mad:

We were charged for towels on our recent trip - I didn't realise they don't reconcile the towels to the stateroom but to individual sea passes so who ever gets them out has to put them back. At least that is the reason we were given...but I sorted it out easily first day back home on the phone and money was refunded to my card. We had 6.15 departure from ship and statement arrived about 6.05 so no option to queue at guest services.

No for towels, but we have been charged several times for minibar charges. They were always taken off, and one time I didn't notice until I was already home but they still took it off right away. (btw one time I complained to the room steward when I noticed things missing and he said 'sorry, I needed some waters for other guests'. huh??)

I usually check my charges on the t.v. screen every day.

No for towels, but we have been charged several times for minibar charges. They were always taken off, and one time I didn't notice until I was already home but they still took it off right away. (btw one time I complained to the room steward when I noticed things missing and he said 'sorry, I needed some waters for other guests'. huh??)

I usually check my charges on the t.v. screen every day.

Something not quite right there.... I too have been charged for mini bar items... considering I had asked the room steward to empty the mini bar on the first day I thought that that was a chutzpah too. Again had to queue at GS to resolve.... I want that time back!!

Yes!

I was upset but not enough to waste my time calling and arguing to get the charge reversed!

It does get on my nerves!

I do think it happens way more than people realize! Not many people comb thru their bill after getting home to match with charge on cc bills!

We have never been charged for pool towels or mini bar. I asked the attendant on the Radiance last month to remove the mini bar items on the first day. He never did. The mini bar girl came every day and again I asked her. She also refused. Every day when we were resting in our cabin we had an annoying knock on the door from the mini bar gal. It got frustrating to say the least. We were on an 18 day repo cruise! Princess removes it immediately! RCCL is all about "extra revenue"!

We have never been charged for pool towels or mini bar. I asked the attendant on the Radiance last month to remove the mini bar items on the first day. He never did. The mini bar girl came every day and again I asked her. She also refused. Every day when we were resting in our cabin we had an annoying knock on the door from the mini bar gal. It got frustrating to say the least. We were on an 18 day repo cruise! Princess removes it immediately! RCCL is all about "extra revenue"!

I´ve been on 5 Princess cruises now within the last 2 years and there was nothing they could hab´ve removed, as the fridge on Princess always was empty to begin with:rolleyes:

Never had a charge for pool towels, or any other wrong charges at all.

I guess it does happen and I do believe every single poster saying it happened to him, but what surprises me is the number of people on CC (not necessarily this thread) thinking it´s a planned business practice of RCI to do this as they hope for people not catching wrong charges.

If I were of the opinion a company would use such shady business practice I wouldn´t do business with them for sure. :eek:

Going on The Liberty next week. Hope I don't have to spend any time trying to rectify the towel or mini bar charges. Every ship I've ever sailed on has never charged for missing towels...you just leave them on your chairs at the end of the day and the pool staff takes them. So now RCCL has the passengers doing the job for them! Pretty soon they'll hand us mops and have us swabbing the decks!

The fact that 10% have now answered this with a yes would indicate it's a pretty large number this is happening to. It's a little disturbing.

The problem with mini bars has happened to me in hotels such as Weston too. They never hesitate to remove the charges when you say it wasn't yours... but they have put charges on there that definitely were not correct.

The fact that 10% have now answered this with a yes would indicate it's a pretty large number this is happening to. It's a little disturbing.

I wonder if this has to do with the fact that people check out towels on one sea pass and return on another. I had no idea til this last cruise it worked that way It would make more sense to allocate them to a cabin.

I wonder if this has to do with the fact that people check out towels on one sea pass and return on another. I had no idea til this last cruise it worked that way It would make more sense to allocate them to a cabin.

I used the same card for checking out, then in the towels, and still got the charge.

Yes but it was rapidly fixed at GS. I check the TV chg screen daily and found it 3rd day went down and it was taken care of with a smile and a nice apology.

GS told me they couldn't remove the charge. I was told I would have to get in the line from housekeeping that would begin removing the charges after debarkation started.

It took three calls to RCI and one to the credit card company to eventually get the charges removed.

:confused: When you check out beach towels, how long do you have to return them?

Just as long as you retun the same amount of towels by the last night of the cruise as you checked out you should be ok. We checked out towels the first day, then exchanged for clean/dry ones as needed. We handed all in the last day as we left the pool. Never had a charge.

We have, however, had the dreaded mini bar charge. I do check the tv during the cruise, noticed it, and found a quiet time to stop by GS to have it removed. Easy Peasy! Pain and definitely not what I want to deal with, but easy to rectify.

Archived