"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas / Nov 10, 2011

Radio

Definitely looking forward to this LIVE report as this will be my next cruise itinerary in January.

Thanks for all the time you put into these threads ... If you can find some secret hiding spots for me, that would be great, as I'm traveling alone on this cruise! LOL And maybe a quick picture of an inside cabin, just so I know what to expect.

Subscribing to this thread right now!

As soon as I saw "live report" and "radio" I hit subscribe. I usually am content with just reading but decided I needed to pop in and say "hey." Whatever is the Cape Liberty thread going to do with out Carol and Meg to answer all our questions?

This virtual cruise will help pass the time until my New Year's cruise on Explorer - so looking forward to it.

Thanks Radio for posting you live review!

Radio, The party won't start till I walk in, lol (I am singing that line)

I am still ironing and packing, lol

Does this mean I will be famous too, because I will be on a cruise with YOU, lol

See you tomorrow

Sue

Stop. Ironing!!

Yes Sue, you will be (in)famous as well....

wooohooooo......

all in my comfies ready for a good night of sleep...since we're gonna be staying up late every night!

BTW it's really foggy up here in the greater, beautiful resort area of EWR/Elizabeth NJ...so if you're driving late...or REALLY early...be careful!!

safe travels, sweet dreams and see y'all tomorrow!

Yea! Another Radio "live" report. I just got off the Explorer Oct. 22, and am leaving on the Enchantment next Thursday. Now, I will never get my packing done for that cruise since I will be following your cruise until then.:p At least the time will go by fast. Will have to catch the end of your live report when I get back from our cruise. I am sure our ships will pass each other when you are coming home and we are heading down to the Caribbean. Be sure to wave. I will be watching you leave tomorrow afternoon from the NY Webcam. NY Harbor Webcam - A New York Harbor Scenic and Cruise Ship Web Cam

Have a great cruise and calm seas!

Gwen :)

Radio enjoy yourself! I just got off that ship on Saturday. We had a great time and book another trip on the same ship for 10/21/12. Doing a 7 night to Bermuda. And by the way, you talk about the ship being late due to Hurricane Noel...I was on that cruise. Although the weather was not the best...how do you have a bad time?????

Hello everyone. . . OK. . . I took the Desk Agent’s advice and took the city route over to the Staten Island Ferry tonight, and . . . Well next time I will take the highway (I think) It took about ½ hr to get to the Terminal. This was much longer than I expected. I know, I know. . .I’m not a city boy, and I need to be a little more brave. The route I took was through a lot of undesirable areas, but I made it in one piece.

The sun was coming down quick, when I arrived, and I was considering taking the Ferry in to Manhattan, but a little voice told me to go back to the Hotel, and have dinner. Ok, Ok. . I know I was weak, but going into the city should have been done much earlier. I may try it again soon, but I will make a day of it.

As I left the Terminal, I spoke to one of Staten Island’s Finest (NYPD) and asked what would be the best route to take back to the Hotel. She was very nice to me, but I was surprised at what she advised. . .”Take the city roads, because it is rush hour and the highways will be jammed. . .it will be a piece of cake” Grrrrrrr. . . .

I board Explorer of the Seas tomorrow, but here are a few pics from my (Mini Trip) to the Staten Island Ferry.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;)

The sun was coming down quickly over Manhattan. . .

P8.JPG

The Terminal is huge, with Train, Bus and Ferry Service.

P9.JPG

The Terminal was open, and very big. . .

P11.JPG

The Kennedy Class ferries can hold up to 3500 passengers, and up to 40 vehicles.

P14.JPG

The Ferry heads back to lower Manhattan

P16.JPG

Radio enjoy yourself! I just got off that ship on Saturday. We had a great time and book another trip on the same ship for 10/21/12. Doing a 7 night to Bermuda. And by the way, you talk about the ship being late due to Hurricane Noel...I was on that cruise. Although the weather was not the best...how do you have a bad time?????

I never have a bad time on a Cruise :D. . . The weather was not bad for us (we just left the pier very late)

I love Explorer of the Seas !:)

Radio

;);)

Radio, The party won't start till I walk in, lol (I am singing that line)

I am still ironing and packing, lol

Does this mean I will be famous too, because I will be on a cruise with YOU, lol

See you tomorrow

Sue

Ha ha Sue. . . I'm not famous at all ! I just love to Cruise;). . . (and drink alot of coffee):o

Radio

;);)

I am so looking forward to your live report!!! :D

I will be on the Explorer in April for the first time and I can't wait! We will be on the 9 night going to Bermuda, St. Thomas, St. Marten, and PR. Part of me wishes I chose the cruise with Labadee after reading your review of it. Oh well, that will have to be for next time!!!

have a great trip!

Loralie

I can't wait to read this as you report! I have sailed on Explorer before back in May 2007 and will be going on your exact itinerary on December 1st. Have a wonderful vacation. I remember reading reviews of yours before and thoroughly enjoying them. Bon Voyage!

Oh, I also lived in Staten Island when I last sailed on Explorer, so it's interesting reading your take on the ferry and NYC.

So excited to follow along! I am going on my first Explorer cruise with my DD on Jan. 16 (and 11-nighter, including port stops in Antigua and St. Kitts, where I've been on a Princess repo cruise a few years ago).

Radio, I always love your photos and descriptions. I'm looking forward to learning about the Explorer. I've been on the Mariner (2ce) so I'm familiar with the ship class, but love to hear about the individual differences.

Have a WONDERFUL cruise (I know you will).

Best,

I hope you have a fabulous cruise.

I'm really looking forward to following your LIVE report. We're going on our first RCCL cruise on the Explorer December 1 on this exact same 10 night cruise so I'm happy to see what we can expect.

Have a great time!

Archived