"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas / Nov 10, 2011

Radio

Here's a screenshot of Explorer as she was passing under the bridge:

Looks like Will773 beat me to posting screenshots of Explorer...

LOL, you both beat me. I took screen captures but hadn't uploaded them yet.

SUCKAS!!!!! :p :D

Hi Radio!

I was directed to this thread by my niece ChristieNJ! As you know, she's on this cruise with you. I was on EOS in 2007 during the Hurricane Noel cruise (with Christie. lol). I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and reading your reports! Try and snap a few pics of Christie when she's not looking. LOL :p

Have a great cruise!!! :cool:

I, for one, refuse to follow this thread of a 'virtual cruise'. Reason being, because I'll actually be onboard! Woo hooooo! It'll finally be nice to meet you, Radio. See you in about 6 hours!!!

Wow, you were up early this morning!!!! Have an excellent cruise! And tell me what you and Ahhnne are buying for me on the ship!!!! :p

Hello everyone. . .It seems that the connection was a little weak earlier. . .so weak, that I wasn’t able to upload any pics. . . .so I had to post earlier at the Internet Café up on Deck 8. So here is were I left off. . . .(sorry)

Our Captain sailed on time tonight with a departure of 5PM. It was hard to believe how cold it got over the last 2 hours. I am guessing by now it is in the 40’s. . . This is Coffee weather !

There have been a lot of “Live” bands and singers tonight throughout the ship, it seems that most passengers are inside. . .maybe getting ready for dinner. I will try to make it to the Welcome Aboard Show tonight, but I have a dinner rez at Portifino at 7, and we’ll have to wait and see what happens.

The sail away party was a little weak, as far as I could see. Of coarse, I was on the Pool decks, and maybe there were things going on the Promenade.

We have the next 3 days, and 4 nights at sea, so there may be a few naps now and again. Tomorrow is Formal night, and the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle down in the Chamber. When I get t he Compass later tonight I will have all of the Acttivities for review.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and I will be up early tomorrow for a beautiful day at sea. Here are some pics from our sail away.

Radio

It was tough to get good shots of New York City, because of the fog and clouds.

T37.JPG

At least when the city lights came on it was nice to see.

T38.JPG

We are just about ready to sail away at 5PM.

T40.JPG

The darkness fell fast as we sail past the Verrazano Bridge

T41.JPG

The pool deck were having a DJ, and dancing, but I saw a lot of coats. . .It got cold quick !

T42.JPG

There seems to be “Live” music everywhere tonight

T43.JPG

Radio, great shots of my hometown (Manhattan) -- and the Explorer!! So excited I'll be on her in January for the first time.

Favor: could you find out how long the outdoor running track is? My daughter and I are training for our first half-marathon in February, and we have to stay on our training schedule while we're on our 11-nighter. It would help to have the track length so we can plan our workouts.

GREAT shot of the promenade! We have our first Prom cabin on this cruise, too. I also enjoyed your shots of the pool deck and your balcony cabin as well. The photos really make it feel like "we are there".

Thank you for taking the time (and the expense) of posting all these great pictures. I really appreciate it, and I'm sure all your other fans do, too.

Hi Radio -

Good to see you are doing a "Live" from the Explorer. We are passing on the EX for the holiday sailing this year (7 days don't cut it) and going with the new Silhouette, in Dec. Cold sailaways are always fun:eek: .

Nice to have met you on the Allure in May.,

And yes we still always wear matching tee shirts.

Archived