Current Concierges continued

PH8

Ok,I stand corrected, she didn't say overwhelmed.

However, the concierges on our transatlantic were overwhelmed (IMHO)by the volume of members having access to the lounges. However, the diamond concierge seemed to handle it better, as he did try to say hello to everyone who entered the lounge. On the Baltic part of our B2B, the concierge in the concierge lounge was able to handle the guests without a problem, but on the TA he didn't acknowledge the guests as they entered the lounge and didn't come around to speak to the guests (but to be fair he was sitting at his desk on his computer so he could have been solving problems for guests).

However, on our Allure cruise the two concierges sat at their desk and said hello and goodbye....never bothered to mingle with the guests.

To be fair, that Allure cruise and our experience with Willie on the Freedom were the only times in 60+ RCI cruises that we had no interaction with a concierge. In all our other cruises the concierges have been friendly, outgoing, and certainly have been interacting with the guests. Guess that is a pretty good average:)

Looks like we have had the same mix of experiences..Was very disappointed with our Oasis concierge's...I don't think there is any excuse to not mingle at least once during a cruise with their guests..I don't believe RCI expects them to be totally focused on paperwork at the expense of personal socializing to the point of never on a 7 night cruise having the time to come out from behind their desk. Is RCI even aware of this :confused:....I hope they will be because I did make a point of this negative impression on my Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Yes, I cannot say how nice and what a true gentlemen. i just got an email from him. I consider him a friend for life. I hope you enjoy him as much as our group did. He went way beyond his duties making our vacations the best.

Joe & Jackie

I sailed with Mario Last November on a Members Cruise. He was wonderful. Sailed with him again in February and he remembered my name. I look forward to spending 3 weeks with him.

I sailed with Mario Last November on a Members Cruise. He was wonderful. Sailed with him again in February and he remembered my name. I look forward to spending 3 weeks with him.

OK, so now you have me looking forward to meeting Mario. :) I will still miss Francios. :(

Gina

Looks like we have had the same mix of experiences..Was very disappointed with our Oasis concierge's...I don't think there is any excuse to not mingle at least once during a cruise with their guests..I don't believe RCI expects them to be totally focused on paperwork at the expense of personal socializing to the point of never on a 7 night cruise having the time to come out from behind their desk. Is RCI even aware of this :confused:....I hope they will be because I did make a point of this negative impression on my Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Keep in mind that they're not just dealing with your cruise but they're also taking care of the next cruise by sending out emails, answering emails, making reservations, and the list goes on.

Keep in mind that they're not just dealing with your cruise but they're also taking care of the next cruise by sending out emails, answering emails, making reservations, and the list goes on.

While that may be true to some extent...Their priority should be the ones there now...and this was the first time we "didn't" receive the usual pre-cruise concierge letter either....So that excuse doesn't seem to work for them ;)

There are so many suite guests who are inexperienced cruisers who tend to be very needy the entire cruise.

Gina

I'll be in a Grand Suite for the first time on my upcoming Allure cruise, have never dealt with a Concierge before, so the only question I really have for them at this point is how to switch to a Barefoot Beach cabana.

I assume you have done this many times so I was wondering what exactly do the Concierges do? What things should I expect from them and what things shouldn't I be asking? I've been on many cruises, but never in a suite with a concierge, so I guess I'm an experienced cruiser but not an experienced concierge/suite cruiser.

I'll be in a Grand Suite for the first time on my upcoming Allure cruise, have never dealt with a Concierge before, so the only question I really have for them at this point is how to switch to a Barefoot Beach cabana.

I assume you have done this many times so I was wondering what exactly do the Concierges do? What things should I expect from them and what things shouldn't I be asking? I've been on many cruises, but never in a suite with a concierge, so I guess I'm an experienced cruiser but not an experienced concierge/suite cruiser.

I suggest you go to the CL when you first board and find out their office hours. The concierge is usually not there when you board. Then return later, early in the office hour period, but well before the cocktail hour. Introduce yourself to the Concierge, tell them you're new to the experience, and I'll bet the Concierge will tell you all the things they can do for you.

Edited by clarea

I suggest you go to the CL when you first board and find out their office hours. The concierge is usually not there when you board. Then return later, early in the office hour period, but well before the cocktail hour. Introduce yourself to the Concierge, tell them you're new to the experience, and I'll bet the Concierge will tell you all the things they can do for you.

If it's before January, look for Dexter Fraser. We love him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should contact the concierge prior to your cruise about this. It's likely all cabanas will be booked prior to boarding and there will be a waiting list - not to mention a long line of guests waiting to talk to the concierge. Since the Barefoot Beach cabanas are not generally available on line, if they are still available for your cruise your concierges can help you. Email them with your request. I arranged my Barefoot Beach cabana with the concierge on Oasis the month before my cruise.

Send the email to both of them in case one is quicker than the other at responding.There is an underscore after the AL

AL_concierge01@rccl.com

AL_concierge02@rccl.com

There is also a phone number at RCI where suites guests may call ahead of time and make these types of reservations over the phone. Someone else may know this number. But I'd give the concierge a chance to help you if your cruise is coming up soon. These are the types of things they may be doing at their desk when we think they should be walking around and socializing. They just can't do it all and some cruises there are more advance requests than others. That's also why I suggest writing them both. One may just have a little more time on their hands. ;)

Gina

You should contact the concierge prior to your cruise about this. I arranged my Barefoot Beach cabana with the concierge on Oasis the month before my cruise.

Gina

I emailed them 2 weeks ago and got a reply that said they'd contact me a week ahead. Guess I'm not getting the same service you got, if you arranged it a month ahead. I sail in 28 days. Maybe I'll try the other email, I think I sent it to just one of the addresses. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic App

The concierge's were in the CL when we embarked Oasis (in addition lunch was being offered so a little different than most ships)..there will also be a letter of introduction in your cabin with a list of what's available to you.

I emailed them 2 weeks ago and got a reply that said they'd contact me a week ahead. Guess I'm not getting the same service you got, if you arranged it a month ahead. I sail in 28 days. Maybe I'll try the other email, I think I sent it to just one of the addresses. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic App

I learned after the fact that there is a phone number you can call for assistance in pre-booking excursions if you are in a suite. I just can't seem to find that number. Have you tried just calling RCI's main number and asking them to connect you to the desk that books excursions for suite guests? If they have availability they can book it for you. If they don't have anything, just email both concierges at the same time and ask them if they will please put you on the waiting list. Then don't wait for them to contact you the week before. Email them both again with a gentle reminder that you would love to have a cabana and list your order of preference as to location.

I don't remember even being contacted by any concierge prior to my cruise since way back when Enchantment of the Seas was in Fort Lauderdale. It seems some concierges do it, some don't. Maybe since I contacted the Oasis concierges first, there was no need for them to send me the form letter. :)

If I can come up with a direct phone number for you, I'll let you know.

Gina

I learned after the fact that there is a phone number you can call for assistance in pre-booking excursions if you are in a suite. I just can't seem to find that number. Have you tried just calling RCI's main number and asking them to connect you to the desk that books excursions for suite guests? If they have availability they can book it for you. If they don't have anything, just email both concierges at the same time and ask them if they will please put you on the waiting list. Then don't wait for them to contact you the week before. Email them both again with a gentle reminder that you would love to have a cabana and list your order of preference as to location.

I don't remember even being contacted by any concierge prior to my cruise since way back when Enchantment of the Seas was in Fort Lauderdale. It seems some concierges do it, some don't. Maybe since I contacted the Oasis concierges first, there was no need for them to send me the form letter. :)

If I can come up with a direct phone number for you, I'll let you know.

Gina

Thanks Gina, I appreciate the help. I emailed both of the concierges last night and am waiting for a reply. Rahim was the one who answered me a few weeks ago, said he'd contact me a week before the cruise, so I replied to him and added the 02 email address to the reply just in case the other guy (who I think is Dexter) would see it too. Maybe I'll call RC and see what happens. When I chatted with the on-line C&A rep, she said I had to wait on them to contact me but it seems a ton of Cruise Critic people contact them instead of waiting. So I'm being bold and trying my best to get someone to talk to me. If nothing else, I do have a Nellie's cabana but I'd really love to be on Barefoot Beach instead.

Thanks Gina, I appreciate the help. I emailed both of the concierges last night and am waiting for a reply. Rahim was the one who answered me a few weeks ago, said he'd contact me a week before the cruise, so I replied to him and added the 02 email address to the reply just in case the other guy (who I think is Dexter) would see it too. Maybe I'll call RC and see what happens. When I chatted with the on-line C&A rep, she said I had to wait on them to contact me but it seems a ton of Cruise Critic people contact them instead of waiting. So I'm being bold and trying my best to get someone to talk to me. If nothing else, I do have a Nellie's cabana but I'd really love to be on Barefoot Beach instead.

Have you tried the number on this page? It seems to be a generic number but if you tell them you are interested in making a suite booking for a cabana that's not available for on line booking - that you'd like the shore excursion desk - they may put you through. Specifically tell them it is the shore excursion desk you would like to speak to. I was told this was available to suite guests by an Oasis concierge. Although I do admit to never doing it myself.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/shoreExcursions/front.do

Gina

Have you tried the number on this page? It seems to be a generic number but if you tell them you are interested in making a suite booking for a cabana that's not available for on line booking - that you'd like the shore excursion desk - they may put you through. Specifically tell them it is the shore excursion desk you would like to speak to. I was told this was available to suite guests by an Oasis concierge. Although I do admit to never doing it myself.

Gina

Great, thanks. I will call them today.

Have you tried the number on this page?

Gina

OK talked to a rep at that phone number and found out that all of the pre-released BB Cabanas are taken, although they do hold some of them for those onboard guests who request them after they board. So if the concierge can't do that for me a week before the cruise (they've promised to contact me then) I will get myself to the Concierge as soon as possible and try to get a BB Cabana. If I don't get one, then I still have the Nellie's OTW to enjoy. Seems like an odd process, why not just open BB cabanas to on-line booking?

Thanks for the info Gina. I appreciate it and at least now I know for sure where I stand.

OK talked to a rep at that phone number and found out that all of the pre-released BB Cabanas are taken, although they do hold some of them for those onboard guests who request them after they board. So if the concierge can't do that for me a week before the cruise (they've promised to contact me then) I will get myself to the Concierge as soon as possible and try to get a BB Cabana. If I don't get one, then I still have the Nellie's OTW to enjoy. Seems like an odd process, why not just open BB cabanas to on-line booking?

Thanks for the info Gina. I appreciate it and at least now I know for sure where I stand.

MommaBean is the expert!

This was interesting......just got off the Explorer. The Suite guests were provided their own lounge on Deck 14....Cloud 9. Us D+ cruisers had the Concierge Lounge almost to ourselves. Have not seen that before! Neither area was too crowded. We went to the CL every night and there were very few people there. We hardly ever saw any Suite Guests all week!

I think they all aren't available on line because not everyone is very tech savvy, if using a computer is even called that anymore. ;) But I still wouldn't wait to hear from the concierge. I would contact them maybe 9 or 10 days prior and ask if they can get one for you while they are still available. Or if you want to wait and don't hear from them by 7 days prior, contact them 6 days prior since the first day of the cruise rush will be over for that week.

At least you have a Nellie's cabana still, don't you? Being a suite guest you will still have access to the suite buffet lunch so unlike the non-suite guests on Nellie's beach you get the full value of what you are paying.

It does seem like it should be easy for the concierge to just switch you out of one beach to the other. Good luck!

Gina

I think they all aren't available on line because not everyone is very tech savvy, if using a computer is even called that anymore. ;) But I still wouldn't wait to hear from the concierge. I would contact them maybe 9 or 10 days prior and ask if they can get one for you while they are still available. Or if you want to wait and don't hear from them by 7 days prior, contact them 6 days prior since the first day of the cruise rush will be over for that week.

At least you have a Nellie's cabana still, don't you? Being a suite guest you will still have access to the suite buffet lunch so unlike the non-suite guests on Nellie's beach you get the full value of what you are paying.

It does seem like it should be easy for the concierge to just switch you out of one beach to the other. Good luck!

Gina

All cabana guests have access to the BB buffet, regardless of status. At least, they did in January.

All cabana guests have access to the BB buffet, regardless of status. At least, they did in January.

We just returned from an Oasis B2B.

According to Charmaine (concierge), beginning this October, Nellie's Cabana renters do NOT have access to the Barefoot Beach lunch UNLESS they are suite guests (or Pinnacle gold card holders). This was on the Oasis, other ships with fewer suites might still allow access.

Edited by beachnative

It was that way in June also. They even used the electric carts to bring them over.

We just returned from an Oasis B2B.

According to Charmaine (concierge), beginning this October, Nellie's Cabana renters do NOT have access to the Barefoot Beach lunch UNLESS they are suite guests (or Pinnacle gold card holders). This was on the Oasis, other ships with fewer suites might still allow access.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1924664