will an Ipad fit in the safe?

S.S.Oceanlover

It certainly does fit into a safe though I have always left mine out on the desk as the room stewards are so trustworthy. I am sure that taking a netpad from a cabin would mean instant dismissal which wouldn't be worth the risk.

Jennie

That's most probably true, but my cabin steward on my last cruise told me that he is not the only one in and out of the room and that I should not leave valuables lying around. I have a cable lock for my laptop so I do leave that out. Money, passports, cell phone, and other true valuables, get locked up. In addition, if the steward has to run back to his supply room to get something and leaves your door open, or even if he's in the bathroom cleaning, they leave the cabin door propped open and anyone could take things out in clear sight.

I have often walked past cabins when the steward has been cleaning, which have the door propped open. If the steward is on the balcony or in the bathroom, it gives the opportunist access to anything that is left around in the cabin. I trust stewards, but although I would like to think that all passengers are honest, I wouldn't to risk it and so put all valuables in the safe.

When we were leaving our last cruise, we did a check under the bed just in case anything had rolled under, and we found a case, half opened with no labels on. It looked as though it had been "rifled through" and then dumped! You just never know!

Just wondering if anyone has taken one and what your findings were.

TIA

Bill

I couldn't get my ipad to fit in the safe when we were on the Caribbean Princess last month.

When we were away I just kept it in it's carry case that I put in my travel bag.

One nice thing about Princess cabins is that there are three good-sized drawers in the desk so it's easy to slip your netbook or iPad into the drawer and out of sight when not in use. Some cruiselines, like HAL and Celebrity, have no drawers or room in the desk for even a comb and brush much less an iPad. I've never put mine in the safe nor felt the need to.

Since there have been multiple answers re: iPad, I figured I'd also mention that my netbook computer (Acer) has always fit quite nicely into the safe if needed as well.

Same here with my 11.6" Acer netbook, it fit just nicely. Any netbook larger than that most likely won't fit. (The ship I was on was the Emerald.)

My IPAD did not fit in the safe on the Grand. I had two different cabins on the T/A ending 11/19 and left the IPAD on the desk(s) all 29 days. Never had an issue with valuables on Princess

Archived