Linking Reservations for Dinner?

Luckyroot

We've sailed other lines, and have had our TA link our reservations so that we'll all be seated together.

This is our first time sailing Carnival, and our TA said that CCL doesn't do it that way - you have to speak to the Matre' D after boarding to be seated together.

There are currently 15 of us (and possibly 4 more joining us) is that REALLY how it's done? What a disaster for the Matre' D if that's true.

Can anyone help us figure this out? We really don't want to spend our first day standing in line waiting to speak to someone about this. I'd much rather explore this new (to us) ship!!

Thanks!

I don't know how it's officially done on carnival but I do know how I did it ;)

I asked for all my friends booking numbers, called my cruise planner at carnival and asked for all of us to be put at the same table for dinner. She told me it was no problem, asked for everyone's booking numbers and that was it.

HI, I think your TA is incorrect. We have ALWAYS linked our reservations together and have been seated together even after booking at different times. You just need to have your TA work a little a harder for you. Enjoy your cruise.

Your TA is being lazy and is not earning her commission.

She needs to call Carnival herself and link all of your booking numbers together, this is part of what you are paying her to do. My TA does this all the time.

There is NO CHANCE for the 15 of you to be linked together if you wait until you board the ship and go speak to the MD.

Call her back and if she still refuses ask to speak to her boss.

How could a TA not know this?? Dumb TA, as I think everyone on CC knows you can link bookings to sit together.

Im always amazed by the ignorance of TAs people will use. If I had one who didnt know basics I had to teach, Id find me someone new to book with .. and have. I get rid of people who dont know how to book cruises who just want to collect money and do the least work. Of course you can link bookings.

HI, I think your TA is incorrect. We have ALWAYS linked our reservations together and have been seated together even after booking at different times. You just need to have your TA work a little a harder for you. Enjoy your cruise.

I agree, I have done this before also.

I agree with the others. Your TA should be able to link your bookings.

Actually they should be able to do it even if the other people that you want to link to, have different a TA. All you need is to give one of those TAs the booking numbers, and she can do it.

So don't let her tell you that it can't be done. This is basic service.

I have always linked dining even when friends book at much different times. Dining tables are assigned the week prior to your cruise and it would be next to impossible for the change to be made at the last minute for 15 people. If your TA will not work with you, contact Carnival Directly and ask that booking be moved to in house Carnival agents.

Okay I emailed him again, and what he said (this time) is that he DID link our reservations at time of booking, but that Carnival won't allow him to set up table size/location, etc.

Still make sense? If our reservations are all linked, will Carnival automatically put us all together in the dining room? We have all been confirmed for late seating.

Thanks - I love CC everyone is so helpful!

Okay I emailed him again, and what he said (this time) is that he DID link our reservations at time of booking, but that Carnival won't allow him to set up table size/location, etc.

Still make sense? If our reservations are all linked, will Carnival automatically put us all together in the dining room? We have all been confirmed for late seating.

As long as you are linked, you should all be at adjoining tables

That would be correct, Carnival does not allow for requesting table size.

We've sailed other lines, and have had our TA link our reservations so that we'll all be seated together.

This is our first time sailing Carnival, and our TA said that CCL doesn't do it that way - you have to speak to the Matre' D after boarding to be seated together.

There are currently 15 of us (and possibly 4 more joining us) is that REALLY how it's done? What a disaster for the Matre' D if that's true.

Can anyone help us figure this out? We really don't want to spend our first day standing in line waiting to speak to someone about this. I'd much rather explore this new (to us) ship!!

Thanks!

Agree with others on this board. We have has linked reservations on our last 2 cruises and the one coming up again linking our sons with ours. Our TA was great.

Glad the TA cleared that up. Maybe was just a misunderstanding. Yes, the TA is correct, cannot request table location (do other cruiselines?) or table size (I know RCL allows this).

Everyone would be requesting a window table if you could request location.

Thanks!

We have a group of 8 booked on 4 different reservations. I called Carnival and had them all linked. Yes, they do work that way.

Edited to add: Sorry I'm stupid and didn't read the thread before posting. Glad you got it worked out!!

to confirm that they have been linked. When booking a cruise with two cabins, six people, we asked that they link our reservations so that we could dine together. Done, the Carnival rep. that booked our cruise said... when calling to check on something else, I asked the person to please check to make sure our reservations were linked... they were not... so they took care of it for us... glad we checked...

I don't know how it's officially done on carnival but I do know how I did it ;)

I asked for all my friends booking numbers, called my cruise planner at carnival and asked for all of us to be put at the same table for dinner. She told me it was no problem, asked for everyone's booking numbers and that was it.

Hey girli565! Thought I was on the dis boards for a second! Lol :D

I am a TA... If you TA is booking your cruise with goccl she can link your tables but if it's not a group booking there is no guarantee that you will be seated together, even though she links you.

Good Luck

I can assure you it does NOT have to be a group booking. I ended up with 15 people from my town going on same cruise. Did not even have all their names, but did have their cabin numbers. Everyone else booked through a local travel agent and I had booked with a PVP. Called my PVP, gave him the cabin numbers and we had two tables for eight next to each other. By the way, the others were NOT a group booking either. Everyone did their own booking without mentioning the other people. They were on the same deck, but that is because each of them CHOSE that deck.

I am trying to follow this thread. Do I understand correctly? IF the bookings are linked, will the group be seated together in the dining room? If so, do they usually seat you at two large tables or groups of smaller tables?

There is no usual. Whatever tables they have that work for your group is how many tables they will use.

We had a table for 7 last cruise and the leftover couple was at a nearby table. I assume the rest were nearby or late dinner. I was with a group last cruise who didnt know each other, but we were linked for dinner.

Archived