Prinsendam in Port Everglades today...

DFD1

Running now:)

She does not sail away though until 11 p.m. EST:eek: Guess since she will be leaving (I believe) on a 30 day South American Voyage that this is to be expected?? But since it is only 9 pm. for me when she leaves port tonight, I will be here to see her off:)

Joanie

The Prinsendam leaves tonight for her Grand South America/Antarctica cruise -- more like 70 days than 30 days.

I wish her and the folks (and friends) aboard a Grand Bon Voyage for a trip of a lifetime! One day we will do that one again!

I'm sitting here in my Fort Lauderdale hotel waiting to board the Prinsendam for the 68-day Grand Voyage/South America and Antarctica. We will also sail the Amazon River.

She boards at 1:00 pm and departs 11:00 pm - at least that's the latest information.

Actually, it feels like Antarctica outside right now. Down in the 40's! That's ok - it will get warmer every day for awhile and then cold for about 2 weeks - then warmer every day again before the end.

The Prinsendam leaves tonight for her Grand South America/Antarctica cruise -- more like 70 days than 30 days.

I wish her and the folks (and friends) aboard a Grand Bon Voyage for a trip of a lifetime! One day we will do that one again!

The Prinsendam leaves today for a 36 Grand South American Voyage.

I won't be up at 11 to see her leaving. We are early risers.

I believe it's something like a 70-day circumnavigation of South America with segments of about 36 days via the Panama Canal and 34 days via the Amazon. I am booked on the corresponding Amazon segment in 2013 although I am hoping to switch to Amazon round trip in November 2013 if it's offered.

Roy

I believe it's something like a 70-day circumnavigation of South America with segments of about 36 days via the Panama Canal and 34 days via the Amazon. I am booked on the corresponding Amazon segment in 2013 although I am hoping to switch to Amazon round trip in November 2013 if it's offered.

Roy

I believe we are all correct when we stated the durations:) When I looked this morning on HAL's site under Cruise Finder, Any Destination, January 2012, Ft Lauderdale and Prinsendam, the first listing that came up said 30 day South American Voyage. I just went to try and check it to see where I may have made a mistake and now the listing is gone for the Prinsendam.

So my guess is that I looked at only the 1st listing and did not check far enough to see that this was only a segment of a much longer voyage:)

To surfsidemary and all other cruisers boarding this Elegant Ship, enjoy this cruise and come back with lots of good memories and stories for us:)

Joanie

I believe we are all correct when we stated the durations:) a much longer voyage:)

To surfsidemary and all other cruisers boarding this Elegant Ship, enjoy this cruise and come back with lots of good memories and stories for us:)

Joanie

We're all right, but the most right are those fortunate to be boarding the Elegant Explorer today or a month from now.

Bon Voyage All

Roy

I'm sitting here in my Fort Lauderdale hotel waiting to board the Prinsendam for the 68-day Grand Voyage/South America and Antarctica. We will also sail the Amazon River.

She boards at 1:00 pm and departs 11:00 pm - at least that's the latest information.

Actually, it feels like Antarctica outside right now. Down in the 40's! That's ok - it will get warmer every day for awhile and then cold for about 2 weeks - then warmer every day again before the end.

This is one of my bucket list cruises so I hope you guys have a great time, what an itinerary.

Hey all, Just a reminder that Prinsendam is sailing away at 9:00 pm EST tonight, that is in less than 1 and 1/2 hours!!

Link to Port Everglades Web Cam: http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/index.html

Don't forget to have your sound on. For right now it is the Harbor Master. Lou or Dave should be turning the Web Cam sound on around the time Prinsendam gets into the Basin (big body of water in the middle of Port Everglades)

Lou, I hope you made it home safely today:)

Joanie

Joanie,

Did they move sailaway up two hours? She was scheduled to leave at 11 PM EST. Not 9 PM.

I wasn't going to wait up til 11, but 9 I can manage!

Had me freaking for a moment:) Thought I had really goofed in my time conversion... I just reread my original post this from this morning and see I SCREWED up the departure time in that post:(

I am sincerely sorry to everyone for that mistake.

YES it is at 9:00 p.m. EST according to the Port Schedule https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx :)

Joanie

Thanks Joanie - now I can watch my favourite ship leave:):) and bring back some memories. :) For HAL fans that haven't been on her, she's worth it in my opinion. I just hope they don't wreck her in dry dock:eek:

A great crew and a wonderful PG staff - go while she is still sailing:)

Had me freaking for a moment:) Thought I had really goofed in my time conversion... I just reread my original post this from this morning and see I SCREWED up the departure time in that post:(

I am sincerely sorry to everyone for that mistake.

YES it is at 9:00 p.m. EST according to the Port Schedule

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx :)

Joanie

Joanie, 23:00 is 11 PM EST...according to my calculations. ;)

I'm here to watch the Prinsendam sail away, which is suppose to be 9pm eastern time. Its getting close to 9pm now...........

Did you hear 9 PM from a legitimate source?

I checked the schedule Joanie provided for Port Everglades and it still says 23:00...that's 11 PM EST according to my calculations.

Archived