Chairhogs

FIDDLE2FADDLE

Wait 30 minutes. If you do not see anyone approach, gently remove items and place oneself on the chair and enjoy.

If they come back, give one of these.... :p.

Catrin

What is the right thing to do when ALL the deck lounge chairs have towels on them and no towel owner in sight? My husband and I are going to Cruise on Carnival Ecstacy from Port Canaveral on January 30 and love the Serenity Area. Thanks for any info.

Get there earlier.

Like everyone else has said, wait 30 minutes. If the "owner" doesn't come back, move the towel and begin to relax.:cool:

If they come back, explain how they've been gone for over 30 minutes, and that the sign says not to hold a chair for more than 30 minutes. Another option, you could get there early. That's what we do.

Happy cruising :)

My sister and I sat in chairs in the shade, waited 45 minutes for people to return to lounges with just towels on them. We asked the towel crew to remove the towels from the lounges, they said you do it, we did. We were in the lounge chairs over an hour when one of the people came back, he said, " hey I was only gone a few minutes". Before we could answer the man next to us told him "these ladies have been there at least an hour and a half, since before we took these lounges from someone who was leaving. And you can only be gone 30 minutes". The chair hog huffed off on we thank our neighbor. I found if you ask the neighboring loungers they will back you up if the hog returns.

Was with a large group on the Legend last week and although I had read about the chairhogs on CC was really surprised at the nerve of some people. Chairs were tied together with towels for hours on end. The first sea day we respected it, but by the last day FORGET THAT.

We asked an attendant and they said we had the right to remove belongings after 30 minutes. We waited an hour. They came back (actually 3 of the 4 had never been there....just the early riser in the group) and complained that "chair hogging" had not been enforced all week so it shouldn't be on the last day of the cruise. HA! That's a good argument. Didn't fly. :)

The best way to beat the chairhog is to get out earlier than them and claim your chair with your towels..

That way they won't have any chair to hog.

Always works for me...

Yup, then who becomes the chair hog. Something you are indeed complaining about.

Don't ya just hate rule-breakers?? Btw, you smugglin' booze?

Yup, then who becomes the chair hog. Something you are indeed complaining about.

Don't ya just hate rule-breakers?? Btw, you smugglin' booze?

A chair hog is some one who claims a chair by leaving personal items on it and not coming back for hours and hours.

A person taking stuff off a chair and using it is NOT the chair hog- the chair is being occupied

"claim your chair with your towels". Sounds like you may be a chair hog.

I just do that to prevent the 'chair hogs' from getting them.

Works everytime.

The only bad part is that it's hard to go back to bed after you get up to put your towel out..

What is the right thing to do when ALL the deck lounge chairs have towels on them and no towel owner in sight? My husband and I are going to Cruise on Carnival Ecstacy from Port Canaveral on January 30 and love the Serenity Area. Thanks for any info.

if the chair looks like it's never been sat in, we move the stuff, move the chair a bit, and sit down. it's usually hours before someone collects their stuff, and it's always funny to watch, so much so that i usually try to film it.

I just do that to prevent the 'chair hogs' from getting them.

Works everytime.

The only bad part is that it's hard to go back to bed after you get up to put your towel out..

You're gonna' lose your towels to a 'de-hogger'.

Why not finish your sleep on the deck? Just get a pillow.

if the chair looks like it's never been sat in, we move the stuff, move the chair a bit, and sit down. it's usually hours before someone collects their stuff, and it's always funny to watch, so much so that i usually try to film it.

"...and it's always funny to watch, so much so that i usually try to film it."

Is this considered entertainment on a Carnival cruise? Really?

Wow, what I am missing!

I would be very surprised if you ever came across a situation where ALL of the deck chairs have been reserved with a towel. Now the available chairs may not be where YOU want to sit...but they're out there.

Personally, I go find a quiet place to sit and enjoy my vacation...but, I'm that way and rarely let others upset me on a cruise. As a freind of mine put it...you have to WORK to make me PO'd on a cruise! Food, entertainment, sun, fresh air, relaxation....it's just not worth the trouble worrying about towels on a chair!

"...and it's always funny to watch, so much so that i usually try to film it."

Is this considered entertainment on a Carnival cruise? Really?

Wow, what I am missing!

the part where i also sit in areas where people fall alot on the lido deck. i'm quite the self entertainer.

Archived