"LIVE" From the Allure of the Seas - 15 - 22 January 2012

Good Luck, Windjammer will be packed.

Jimbo:)

I have heard lots of complaints about the Windjammer being packed and no tables are available.

The secret to resolving this problem is walking up to some total strangers sitting at a table with open chairs and asking if you can join them. The reality is that most diners are in pairs (Two People) and they mostly sit at tables for four or six.

There are always empty seats but not always empty tables!

I have never:

- Been turned down when I asked politely

- Ended up dining with an Axe Murderer

Breakfast in the Windjammer

Judith

DSCN4333.jpg

Trainman

DSCN4334.jpg

NOTE - although there are not eggs and omlettes to order in the Windjammer, if it is not too busy, they will try to accommodate a polite request. Yesterday, Rev asked for a lightly cooked fried egg and they happily took care of her.

I have heard lots of complaints about the Windjammer being packed and no tables are available.

The secret to resolving this problem is walking up to some total strangers sitting at a table with open chairs and asking if you can join them. The reality is that most diners are in pairs (Two People) and they mostly sit at tables for four or six.

There are always empty seats but not always empty tables!

I have never:

- Been turned down when I asked politely

- Ended up dining with an Axe Murderer

We have also done this in the past. We have met some very nice folks this way and had some really great conversations!

Have a great day in Labadee! It is one of our favorite spots. While we were there in October on both Oasis and Allure, we rode the roller coaster. It was lots of fun! Enjoy your day in the Cabana. They look wonderful!

ATTENTION RCI!

We understand that when it is really windy it is necessary to lock the doors on Deck 17 outside the Windjammer.

We do not understand why, after we tie up to the pier and the wind is long gone, the doors have not been unlocked.

Tuesday - Day 3 - Labadee

Good Morning Everyone,

It was blustery last night and our balcony was dripping wet with condensation this morning. When we went to bed, wind blown spray was passing the balcony in little clouds.

The first photo this morning was before we slowed down.

DSCN4314.jpg

When I left the cabin to head down to the Cafe Promenade for coffee, they were testing the green emergency lights along the floor in the hallway.

DSCN4313.jpg

When I returned from the Promenade, we had slowed and it was getting lighter.

DSCN4316.jpg

It looks like it is going to be a good day at the beach today.

Rev as rented a cabana and invited us to join her so we will be going ashore in awhile.

I love those early morning sunrises,,,can't wait till the 29thJan...going on the Freedom again,,,,,enjoy Trainman and thanks for all the great photos...say hi to Judith....

Research Assistance Request

I was telling Judith this morning that about a year or so ago there was talk of RCI developing an Excursion to an old Fort near Labadee high up on a mountain top. I recall photos posted of piles of cannon balls, old cannons, and a gigantic fort and talk of a bus ride to the area then a horse back ride up to the fort.

If anyone remembers this, I would appreciate it if you could post a few links to the story and photos.

Thanks...

We are off to Labadee!

More later...

Have a great day in Labadee, one of my favourite ports!

Enjoy your cabana, they are great. I hope you have water shoes with you as the entrance into the water is quite rocky at that beach.:p

I was telling Judith this morning that about a year or so ago there was talk of RCI developing an Excursion to an old Fort near Labadee high up on a mountain top. I recall photos posted of piles of cannon balls, old cannons, and a gigantic fort and talk of a bus ride to the area then a horse back ride up to the fort.

If anyone remembers this, I would appreciate it if you could post a few links to the story and photos.

Thanks...

Hi Trainman

I think you will find the pics you referred to here -

http://www.answeritroyally.com/blog/?cat=148

Hope you have a wonderful day on Labadee...if you go by the Information Office on Labadee someone there may be able to give you more updates on the Fort etc.

Thanks...

"Citadelle"

http://haitiinnovation.org/en/2008/02/18/haitian-government-expands-agreement-royal-carribean

Like the live review TM

As I was searching for you Trainman came across Norms Place never knew it existed. Not even sure it's still there.

Very nice though and can been seen from the ship if you know which way to look.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Norms-Place-Labadee/174282389274500#!/media/set/?set=a.204245429611529.47775.174282389274500&type=1

As far as the fort all I could find is this, no real story about it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/haiti/sets/72157594253770882/with/222417034/

Jimbo:)

Archived