Unlimited Laundry...?Pressing?

regnig

Question for those of you who have used the Unlimited Laundry package. I have already confirmed it for our upcoming cruise on the Westerdam and the CSR asked me if we also wanted the Unlimited Pressing. Since I'm only used the the laundry service on Princess where they even return my DH undershirts hung on a hanger I didn't get the Pressing service. In your opinion should I call back an pick up that package too? Everything we will have them launder will be casual wear such as shorts and t-shirts, nothing fancy. How will it be returned if only "laundered".

Thanks for the help.

Your experience w/Princess Unlimited Laundry sounds exactly the same as how HAL's is returned - tee shirts hung on hangers, jeans appear to be pressed, socks and underwear folded nicely between sheets of tissue paper in a lovely wicker basket. All our things come back looking as though they are pressed, so no, I sure wouldn't pay for the additional unlimited pressing service! We've used the Unlimited Laundry package 3 times now and have never been disappointed, have never so much as lost a sock (...and you know how elusive those darn things can be;)), nor has any of our clothing ever shrunk. I say leave things as you've ordered them, you won't be sorry, the Unlimited Laundry Package is truly the best bargain on the ship!

Question for those of you who have used the Unlimited Laundry package. I have already confirmed it for our upcoming cruise on the Westerdam and the CSR asked me if we also wanted the Unlimited Pressing. Since I'm only used the the laundry service on Princess where they even return my DH undershirts hung on a hanger I didn't get the Pressing service. In your opinion should I call back an pick up that package too? Everything we will have them launder will be casual wear such as shorts and t-shirts, nothing fancy. How will it be returned if only "laundered".

Thanks for the help.

We have used the unlimited laundry several times and thoroughly enjoyed the service. If you're only going to be sending out casual wear items, I'm not sure the unlimited pressing would be warranted. However, if you're wanting to send out your formal wear, that's where you would want the unlimited pressing.

We were just on the Nieuw Amsterdam and got the unlimited laundry, everything came back pressed and on hangers. We marked on the sheet that is in your stateroom pressing. It did not cost extra. They even iron boxers. Lol

It was a great service.

• 1 month later...

We used the unlimited laundry on our recent cruise Mar 11-25 on the Westerdam . It was $49/ wk. I indicated everything to be folded. Came back perfect. My husband sent his suit out twice for pressing and I sent out 2 pr. Of my capris. Everything came back hung neatly on hangers and there was no extra charge.

New to HAL after 5 Celebrity cruises. When/how do you sign up for the service?
There should be a laundry bag in your closet with a form to fill out, the same as you find on Celebrity.

Check the box for unlimited laundry when you fill out the form and leave it together with your bag of laundry.

If laundry bag and form are not there, just ask your stateroom attendant for them and also for some extras so that you will always have some ready to use whenever you wish.

The laundry charge will be billed to your shipboard account.

Thanks for the help.

Don't bother with the unlimited pressing -- it is a waste of money.

Hi, I just got back recently from the Volendam and we had unlimited laundry, which we signed up for at the Purser's/Reception Desk on embarkation. The price was $7.00 per day per cabin; so for our 14 day cruise the total was $98.

You will definitely need to tell your room steward to please have extra forms AND bags for you. I have a copy (I keep everything...almost) of the Laundry/Dry Cleaning Form that should be located in your stateroom.

There are several areas you check/tick:

Under BASIC SERVICE: you can pick EXPRESS SERVICE (50% service surcharge) or REGULAR SERVICE...you do not need to check/tick this if you have UNLIMITED LAUNDRY.

At the bottom of the Basic Service box, you can choose:

1) Starch or No Starch

2) On Hangers OR Folded

Under PACKAGE OPTIONS: you can pick LAUNDRY BY THE BAG, UNLIMITED LAUNDRY OR UNLIMITED PRESSING. If you have purchased the Unlimited Laundry check the appropriate box.

You keep the pink copy for yourself and the top two copies go with the bag to the laundry. We found that when we had our bag hanging on the outside of our stateroom door before 9:00 am, 99% of the time it was back that night after dinner. We only had the unlimited laundry, but it SEEMED as if most things had a little LIGHT pressing done to them.

I hope this if of help to you.

Barbara

To clarify, if you want unlimited laundry there is really no need to call anyone or go anywhere to ask for it, so you can wait until you see the size of the laundry bag before deciding.

If you decide you want it, just check unlimited laundry on the laundry form when you fill it out.

We have always used the bag for $20, you can get a lot in there, easily three days worth so the worst you do is break even.

We have used the $20 bag many times, and can get a lot in there too. I'm surprised at the people who say the bag is so small you can't get much in there. We can get severals days' of clothing in a bag.

Anyway, this time we'll be getting the unlimited laundry because we'll be traveling a week before getting to the ship. I want to see for myself if the unlimited is worth it or not. :)

Which brings me to my question. Would we be able to send out DH's suit the first day to be pressed with our unlimited package? Or would he have to have it cleaned to get it pressed? :confused:

Which brings me to my question. Would we be able to send out DH's suit the first day to be pressed with our unlimited package? Or would he have to have it cleaned to get it pressed? :confused:

The suit can be sent for pressing only; it does not need to be cleaned first. However, it won't be pressed under the "unlimited laundry" package. It would have to be sent under the "pressing only" package. If you don't purchase that, there will be a charge.

The suit can be sent for pressing only; it does not need to be cleaned first. However, it won't be pressed under the "unlimited laundry" package. It would have to be sent under the "pressing only" package. If you don't purchase that, there will be a charge.

Thank you!

If you decide you want it, just check unlimited laundry on the laundry form when you fill it out.

We have done that on some cruises. On others, they were asking you to go to the front desk to sign up.

Check the info sheet upon embarkation.

We have used the $20 bag many times, and can get a lot in there too. I'm surprised at the people who say the bag is so small you can't get much in there. We can get severals days' of clothing in a bag.:)
I agree. I was really surprised to find out how much laundry would fit into one of those bags.

Let me amend the statement I made earlier.

........ you can wait until you see the size of the laundry bag before deciding.....
Instead, I should have said: You can wait until you fill your first bag and see how much laundry you can fit into it before deciding.

Archived