Anyone know when Coke Freestyle machines will arrive on Allure?

dogsambam

Have one at a nearby Wendy’s and there are long lines and have seen tons of ice all over the floor. There are too many choices for someone to look over when only one machine in use. Don’t know if test use or not. My DH stood in line and his food was cold by the time he got back to the table.

Laura

I saw my first one of these last week at my local Burger King. I wasn't quite sure what to do with it! It is touch screen, but the button says "PUSH", so I tried pushing it and of course it didn't give, so I moved the cup away too fast thinking it wasn't working and got a nice stream of Coke down my hand. When I finally figured it out (I'm a purist- just plain Coke for me!), I thought it tasted a little like root beer with a hint of orange mixed into my "pure" Coke. I wasn't a fan.

Curious as to what you are basing this on? I read on an RCI q&a recently that they said that the machines would arrive on selected ships in 2012. Neither the ships nor the dates were elaborated on.

I hope the are on Allure this year..I sail in Sept and will definitely get the soda package if they have this as I'm a big fan of coke zero and fanta zero

The Coke zero is the only thing good I have to say about these machines. There is frequently long lines at these while people figure them out and then decide which of the 345,343 combinations they want this time and from my experience solely as a consumer, fountain machines are notoriously hard to keep up and running properly. Our local movie theater replaced their regular fountains with these and while popular with the masses, it hasn't made things any easier on me.

• 3 weeks later...
Any news on this? I am sailing on the Oasis in June and I'm hoping they'll be up and running. :)

The first two Freestyle machines will be in service Friday June 1st on the Majesty. They will be located in the Windjammer. This is the first ship to receive the Freestyle machines. Other RCI ships will follow but the schedule has not been released as of yet but the Oasis will not have the machines when you cruise.

The first two Freestyle machines will be in service Friday June 1st on the Majesty. They will be located in the Windjammer. This is the first ship to receive the Freestyle machines. Other RCI ships will follow but the schedule has not been released as of yet but the Oasis will not have the machines when you cruise.

Source??? Also, why just Majesty? If they have already tested them, they should roll them out as soon as possible. I would love to try these out.

Do people drink that much soda? I suppose?

Doesn't sound like a huge line problem unless people really want to spend their precious cruise time experience hanging out at a soda machine.

If children are allowed to serve themselves I see it getting as messy as the self serve ice-cream machines.

How will it be activated? With ship card?

Do people drink that much soda? I suppose?

Doesn't sound like a huge line problem unless people really want to spend their precious cruise time experience hanging out at a soda machine.

If children are allowed to serve themselves I see it getting as messy as the self serve ice-cream machines.

How will it be activated? With ship card?

The machines will have drains designed to prevent the soda going everywhere if there is no cup in. I would imagine they would have a similar system to the self-serve fountain soda machines they currently use on some ships, with the machine only working with the cup that comes with the soda package.

Source??? Also, why just Majesty? If they have already tested them, they should roll them out as soon as possible. I would love to try these out.

Doesn't matter about the source. I don't post false information on this board. Why Majesty? RCI had their reasons. They have not tested them. They were only on board the Allure for a few days during the pre-inaugural. They have to build special marine grade machines. Things take time.

Doesn't matter about the source. I don't post false information on this board. Why Majesty? RCI had their reasons. They have not tested them. They were only on board the Allure for a few days during the pre-inaugural. They have to build special marine grade machines. Things take time.

Fair enough. If not the freestyle machines, they need to get the Validfill machines currently on the Majesty and Freedom on the other ships. They already know that they work, and relieve pressure on the bars on the pool deck.

Never heard of them before but it does sound very cool. Not willing to stand in a long line to try it though. I think the lines on the ship would be bad very bad.

With all the kids waiting for an hour in line for this machine, that would reduce the number of them waiting to use the FlowRider! Anything that reduces those FlowRider lines without making us pay for it is fine in my books.

I saw my first one of these last week at my local Burger King. I wasn't quite sure what to do with it! It is touch screen, but the button says "PUSH", so I tried pushing it and of course it didn't give, so I moved the cup away too fast thinking it wasn't working and got a nice stream of Coke down my hand. When I finally figured it out (I'm a purist- just plain Coke for me!), I thought it tasted a little like root beer with a hint of orange mixed into my "pure" Coke. I wasn't a fan.

As a purist you should be drinking Canadian or Mexican Coke made with real sugar, not the God awful American stuff made with corn syrup!

Not sure what type of parent would buy thier kid a soda card to start with? My kids were never denied but didn't want but maybe one a day anyway if that.

Some parents allow their kids an indulgence. If you allow kids to have a treat in moderation then they won't resort to backhanded measures to try and get it without your knowledge.

Glad I'm not one of your kids.

Great idea! Put them in the Solarium and add Captain Morgan....you'll see me in line. ;)

Paul, the Freestyle machines have to be in a air conditioned environment so no solarium and the machines will have the valid fill technology that is currently used on the MJ and FR.

Paul, the Freestyle machines have to be in a air conditioned environment so no solarium and the machines will have the valid fill technology that is currently used on the MJ and FR.

Which is wonderful. I could care less about the Freestyle machines, I would just love for the valid fill machines to be on every ship ;)!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yikes I always get the soda package, I am going on the Allure in May 2013, gonna be interesting I guess, i hope the lines arent too long and the servers will still get you pop hopefully if you ask

Yikes I always get the soda package, I am going on the Allure in May 2013, gonna be interesting I guess, i hope the lines arent too long and the servers will still get you pop hopefully if you ask

You can still use your card to get fountain soda from the gun at any bar. The lines on the Explorer of the Seas over labor day were never more than 2 people deep. There were 6 machines, 4 in the Windjammer and 2 on the Promenade.

Makes sense. I remember when I first saw this machine on Majesty, it was right next to the self serve frozen yogurt machine on the pool deck...near the forward pool bar. It looked like it was broken most of the time. I guess they didn't know right away it had to be under A/C. ;)

Fair enough. If not the freestyle machines, they need to get the Validfill machines currently on the Majesty and Freedom on the other ships. They already know that they work, and relieve pressure on the bars on the pool deck.

Completely agree with this. So much better for everyone if my kids can get refills without bothering bartenders who can be busy making my mojitos and generating more tips. They don't have to be mutually exclusive, on a big ship alike Allure, a couple of validfills for the purists who don't want to risk a rasberry taste in their soda or for people who don't want to wait in lines for new machines would be great. The new machines are fun too and a nice innovation to see.

I see from the link they guess November for Allure. Did the other ships get the machines by the date predicted or was there a lag? Maybe November is no longer a good guess about arrival?

Goldstein offered a rough schedule for the 2012 rollout, though he added, “due to possible unforeseen delays, this date may shift.” The current schedule is as follows: Explorer of the Seas (August), Freedom of the Seas (September), Oasis of the Seas (October), Allure of the Seas (November) and Enchantment of the Seas (December).

Used this on the Oasis this past week. The cup they give you with your soda package has a microchip in the bottom (I'm assuming) that is detected by the sensor in the machine so bringing your old soda cup from a previous cruise will not work. Was impressed by the Italian automotive design firm's Pininfarina emblem on the front of the machine

Coca-Cola-Machine-1024x699.jpg

I just spoke to a customer service rep who put me on hold and checked higher up the food chain for the Allure install dates. She told me that the Freestyle Coke machine will be available on the Allure starting with the November 4th. cruise!

Yeah!! We sail on the 11/11 cruise, so hopefully it will definitely be there for us even with a delay! :)

I just spoke to a customer service rep who put me on hold and checked higher up the food chain for the Allure install dates. She told me that the Freestyle Coke machine will be available on the Allure starting with the November 4th. cruise!

Yeah!! We sail on the 11/11 cruise, so hopefully it will definitely be there for us even with a delay! :)

Well that just sucks. I get off of her on November 4th. Which is also my birthday. I think RCCL owes me a free cruise!

Archived