Soda Package + Bubba Keg

cvillecuse

Was wondering if you buy the soda package, if you could use whatever cup you want? We have two of the 50 oz Bubba keg mugs and would like to use them for soda. Call me lazy, but big insulated cup = less trips for refills = more relaxation. Also, do you have to buy a soda pass for both of us, or can we just buy one, and I can fill my wife's cup with my seapass card once in a while. Before you call me a cheapskate, my wife doesn't drink nearly enough soda to warrant getting her own pass. She just might want one every now and then.

Thanks in advance

lol, with only 3 posts under your belt I feel like you know full well the pot of worms you are stirring up.

that said, why dont you have your wife hand carry on enough soda for herself? If she truly doesnt drink that much it wont be a burden to carry.

That way you can avoid openly stealing. :D

Was wondering if you buy the soda package, if you could use whatever cup you want? We have two of the 50 oz Bubba keg mugs and would like to use them for soda. Call me lazy, but big insulated cup = less trips for refills = more relaxation. Also, do you have to buy a soda pass for both of us, or can we just buy one, and I can fill my wife's cup with my seapass card once in a while. Before you call me a cheapskate, my wife doesn't drink nearly enough soda to warrant getting her own pass. She just might want one every now and then.

Thanks in advance

ooh...I have been here and done that on this board! I would not go there anymore. All I will say is do what you want! Thats what we are doing :D You will hear it from both sides. Again...Its your vacation, so do what you want!

ooh...I have been here and done that on this board! I would not go there anymore. All I will say is do what you want! Thats what we are doing :D You will hear it from both sides. Again...Its your vacation, so do what you want!

No problem, there are plenty of self-righteous people out there, and I have absolutely no desire to please any of them and don't get upset when they respond with their holier-than-thou responses. We are both very well traveled, this is our first cruise, however.

If any clarification is needed, my main question is if I can use a Bubba Keg with the soda package. In regards to the side question, (which is less important), about filling my wife's cup once in a while, I am interested in knowing if RCI would have a problem with it, not if the self-righteous have a problem with it.

No problem, there are plenty of self-righteous people out there, and I have absolutely no desire to please any of them and don't get upset when they respond with their holier-than-thou responses. We are both very well traveled, this is our first cruise, however.

If any clarification is needed, my main question is if I can use a Bubba Keg with the soda package. In regards to the side question, (which is less important), about filling my wife's cup once in a while, I am interested in knowing if RCI would have a problem with it, not if the self-righteous have a problem with it.

No you will not be able to use the Bubba Keg (on the freedom), How do I know Because I tried (not a bubba keg but a larger insulated travel mug) And they also wont give you 2 soda's at a time at the bars or fast food places. Bummer!! But i have seen some other people post they were able to get drinks. GUess it is the luck of the draw

The largest cup they would fill was the souvenir cup they provide for you.

52 oz, actually :). The general idea is to be able to plant yourself on a patio chair and not have to move....that's how much we need this vacation!

Ha! If I drank a 52oz mug of soda I would be up to use the bathroom every 5 minutes. So much for planting myself! But good for you that you can. I'm envious!

I do think it probably depends on the bar tender you ask. Maybe if you slip them a buck or 2 they'll be more likely to accommodate... Though that may not even be necessary.

, I am interested in knowing if RCI would have a problem with it,.

To answer your question truthfully, in a non self righteous way, because it simply doesnt matter to me if you do or dont fill her glass using your card. Yes, RCI will have a problem with it :) It is per person. Not per cabin :)

I can't comment on the 52oz cup, I never tried. I usually don't carry the souvenir cup RCI provides. I use whatever cup or glass they serve all the other drinks in. You can order a soda from any bartender or waiter on board, including on the pool deck. You can order them as often as you like.

The soda pass is only intended for the person who purchased it. I always buy one, my partner rarely drinks soda so he does not. On the few occasions he wants a Coke, the bartenders or waiters have often comped it because I had the sticker. It isn't a policy and we never expect it.

Why not bring 4000 mugs and share the stolen soda with everyone.

Because that's not what I asked. What did I say about self righteousness? Are you on this message board to ask and answer questions or are you on here to say these kinds of things to reassure yourself of your sheer awesomeness.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...", J 8-7.

I can't comment on the 52oz cup, I never tried. I usually don't carry the souvenir cup RCI provides. I use whatever cup or glass they serve all the other drinks in. You can order a soda from any bartender or waiter on board, including on the pool deck. You can order them as often as you like.

The soda pass is only intended for the person who purchased it. I always buy one, my partner rarely drinks soda so he does not. On the few occasions he wants a Coke, the bartenders or waiters have often comped it because I had the sticker. It isn't a policy and we never expect it.

Thanks! That answers my question! We'll bring the Bubba Kegs anyway, since iced tea and lemonade are complimentary, a nice arnold palmer by the pool would be refreshing as well.

52 oz, actually :). The general idea is to be able to plant yourself on a patio chair and not have to move....that's how much we need this vacation!

The guys from the bars do come around and ask if you want a drink...they will bring you a soda so you don't have to leave your favourite spot...if that is important to you

Their policy is that drink packages are not to be shared, so I guess the answer to your question is yes.

Archived