Questions on Elite access of Captain's Club Lounge for coffeehouse style breakfast

Shooraq

This is our first Celebrity cruise but we are D+ on Royal so are Elite for our Summit cruise in April. I know how everything works with Royal but are still wondering what all to expect with Celebrity. It sounds like they treat their Elite members much better than they do on Royal, which is one of the reasons we are jumping ship. I want to see how the other half lives. :cool: Had been thinking about the beverage package but, since we will be so port intensive and after reading your comments, we'll skip it this time.

My question comes from the comment about having martini's at "the lounge" in the evenings. On Royal, the choices are very limited for alcohol brands -- beer, wine, and mixed drinks. My DH enjoys SoCo (Southern Comfort) and they do not offer it. Do they offer a wider range of call brands on Celebrity doing the free events?

Thanks!

Hi Ruthie, they do have a few choices but in all my cruises

I have never seen Southern Comfort on that Elite menu of drinks

and I know what it is:D

If you do a search of "Elite Cocktail Menus" I know there are

a few different people who have posted copies on here.

Great clarification. So you had a Senior Officers party on the embarkation day on one of your past cruises? That is weird.

I think he was saying that in the past the elite cocktail hour still occurred on the same day that the senior officer cocktail party took place, but that this practice no longer exists. Now on the day of the senior officer cocktail party the elite cocktail hour is not held.

Razi

Can't see Southern Comfort on the menu, Is Jim Bean Bourbon anything like? Sorry, I only drink wine!!!

There are a couple of Captains Club lounge menu's from last year here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59368763@N07/5842325231/in/set-72157626716426765/

Richard

Hi Richard:), nope they are not alike.

Thanks so much to all! Plus this insight! Now honestly I am a bit confuse. Maybe a non-alcoholic premium package so I can have evian & Perrer, lattes, vitamin h20 anytime. I think I can do about 5-6 minimum drinks per day non-alcoholic It comes out to $20 per day with tip. Just another question:

Does anyone know what size Evian water you receive on this package? Is it the big liter? I would hate to get the small one and break up my gym time to get another "small" bottle. Or when getting off the boat at a port? Big or small bottle? Thanks again everyone for your help, thorough explanations, and patience!:D:p

Think I can answer that one as an elite member. We had premium packages on our last cruise but on our next one as I like to do a little bit of pre purchasing I am buying additional on board credit for 75% of the cost of the packages. We are still going to drink as if we had the package for those times where we do not access perks.

Our thinking is based on an analysis of our bill all be it full of zeros for the bar on our last trip. Here is our rationale

* first drink of the day on an at sea day - enjoy at the Elite breakfast

* on one at sea day we will have the senior officers party which is usually late morning so lunch time drinks for that day are included

* each night our pre dinner drink will be at the Elite lounge which will be martinis

* on one day we will have the Captains club do and even if that replaces one of the elite evenings we will probably not want to drink again after that

* we can use the wine voucher to reduce the cost of wine on 1 or 2 evenings

* we are in Aquaclass so will have a regular supply of bottled water

* we will probably carry on two bottles of champagne as is allowed for two special afternoons on the balcony

* we may pick up and bring back a couple of cans of Pepsi when we are ashore each day

I think it would be very hard for an Elite passenger to be ahead on a premium card though I accept everyone has different drinking patterns

I will post whether I end up ahead or behind on my 75% of the cost obc when we get back but that is not until June. We will also have a record of whether we drank more or less than our last trip

Incidentally on our last trip we felt sometimes we drank because we had the card and we did end up about $30 down each at the end of the trip, but that can be offset in part by the fact we dined with the Captain one night - another consideration sometimes for Elites

Good to know. So if I want a traditional breakfast, better to go to the buffet or MDR. But at least I know that if my husband wants an espresso, we can swing by the Elite breakfast. Or if we have an early excursion, this breakfast is the way to go. Thanks for the advice! :D

I'm Diamond on RCCL, too, and was used to the Diamond breakfast.

I was not happy with the Continental breakfast served in SS United States on Infinity. Nothing was wrong, just not what I like for breakfast.

I like an egg white Swiss cheese omelet with mushrooms for breakfast followed by a cup of espresso. I was disappointed that I couldn't get it on Celebrity.

When asked one evening by the Hotel Manager how I was enjoying my cruise, I mentioned that I had to eat my omelet in one place and get my espresso in another. He arranged it so that I could order my omelet at the SS United States Elite breakfast and have it there with my espresso coffee. I thought that was so terribly nice of them.

I only took advantage of the offer once as I was sure it was a bother for them, but their willingness to accommodate me was just plain awesome.

I'm sure it won't happen on Century, but it would be so nice if they could repeat the offer.:)

I think he was saying that in the past the elite cocktail hour still occurred on the same day that the senior officer cocktail party took place, but that this practice no longer exists. Now on the day of the senior officer cocktail party the elite cocktail hour is not held.
Gonzo70 correctly interpreted what I was trying to say; sorry that I confused people. Senior Officer party is usually held at sea [and not on embarkation day]. I have in the past seen that party right before lunch, and still had the evening Elite Lounge. Lately I have seen the Senior Officer party later in the day [Equnox TA had so many eligible Selects and Elites that you assigned to either 5:15 OR 7:45] and it was in lieu of any Elite Lounge that day. As always subject to change.

Thom

I'm Diamond on RCCL, too, and was used to the Diamond breakfast...
Sounds like you are referring to the Diamond breakfast in an area of the MDR held on RCI ships that do NOT have a Diamond Lounge - correct?

IMO Diamond Lounge breakfasts have decidedly less on offer than Celebrity Elite Lounge breakfast - Celebrity has somewhat more choice of food, plus Bloody Marys etc.

Thom

Trying to figure out if we should get the beverage package as it's our first time as elite. We are on a transatlantic and will be at sea for 8 days total out of 14. I read they have espresso based drinks in the morning at the elite breakfast...are they the same as the cafe bacio? We love the coffee there...what other events will we be invited to as elite...Thanks for the help

Rita

We had two Captain's Club evening events on Infinity's 13 day cruise. There was also a free wine tasting that was worth the price :D There were two special high teas for Captains Club members, as I recall. All passengers had a different high tea that cost extra, but the $ one had sparkling wine.

We just did a 13 day Cape Horn with 5 sea days and are about to do a 15 day Hawaii with 9 sea days. We are Elite, not in a suite or CC or AQ.

I drink huge amounts of Diet Coke or Coke Zero. The soda package worked very well. They generally gave me a can along with a glass of ice. I liked that better than from a fountain.

We purchased a 5 bottle wine package and used the Elite coupon towards an extra bottle when we ran out. We'll probably do the same for the 15 day cruise, but maybe a 7 bottle package. Still have to do the math.

We got our evening drinks at the Elite event. Whenever we have an alcoholic beverage, it is generally before dinner so Elite worked perfectly for us. I like a vodka martini or a Cosmopolitan and DH likes Diet Coke and rum. They put so much booze in the drinks on Infinity that one drink was sometimes too much.:)

On one or two occasions we ordered a drink in the theater. One night I had a Gran Marnier, I recall. Maybe DH had a beer or two while evening trivia.

I checked our bill when we came home to see if it would be worth it for a drinks package (which would include the coke and wine at table) on the next cruise and it didn't come close to being a good value to get the package.

I'm also bringing on two bottles of wine for veranda enjoyment. I didn't really have the opportunity to buy wine in Buenos Aires for the infinity cruise.

This is, of course, based on our personal drinking preferences. I just thought it might be helpful to others with similar habits.

• 4 months later...
Trying to figure out if we should get the beverage package as it's our first time as elite. We are on a transatlantic and will be at sea for 8 days total out of 14. I read they have espresso based drinks in the morning at the elite breakfast...are they the same as the cafe bacio? We love the coffee there...what other events will we be invited to as elite...Thanks for the help

Rita

Seems to me that the 5pm to 7pm Elite drinking hours in the lounge promote people to buy a package. RCCL is 5:30 to 8:30 and is much better suited for drinks before dinner. It provides a social evening in the lounge, not a wam bam thank you mam, sorry you stayed so long off the ship in port. H

This might be a strange question, but I'm a heavy soda drinker... I know I can get soda at the evening reception but does anyone know if soda is available in the morning at the Captains Club breakfast?

Thanks in advance!

Seems to me that the 5pm to 7pm Elite drinking hours in the lounge promote people to buy a package. RCCL is 5:30 to 8:30 and is much better suited for drinks before dinner. It provides a social evening in the lounge, not a wam bam thank you mam, sorry you stayed so long off the ship in port. H

How odd you decided to post on a 5 month old thread about breakfast to slam Celebrity about their "wam bam thank you mam" Elite evening happy hour. Not sure what your motive is, but I assure you most Elite Celebrity cruisers appreciate the evening party.

From your post, I can only assume you are one of those folks who take full advantage of 3 1/2 of free drinks on Royal. Unfortunately, it ruins it for those of us who come into the lounge for a pre-drink for late dining only to find a bunch of loud mouth drinkers.

Edited by Jeka

Not sure how anyone would describe 2Hr availability as "wam bam". We usually pick early dining at 6pm. Step into the Elite Lounge at 5-5:15, enjoy a few drinks, meet some friends and go to dinner. 1hr of free drinks is just fine. I can knock them down like a champ!

At first, I was a bit put off they changed the hrs from 4-6, to 5-7. But it works out just fine....for us. If I want a drink at 4pm, or at 7:15pm, I walk into one of the many lounges and order one. I know, I pay for it, but I somehow overcome the shock.

As to not being back on board, in reality, most port visits line up with those hrs, and if one doesn't, then again, I go buy one. Celebrity doesn't 'owe' me free drinks.

Very odd posting it here. It is pretty easy to start a new thread.

Dn

Den

Edited by Denny01

I didn't realize 2 hours of "free drinks and food" is "Wam bam" :eek:

I have found the "free drinks" at whatever time they choose to give

them to us is just fine.

I don't think having free stuff is promoting the buying of the package

but maybe we don't have the same thought process. Personally,

I think the Happy Hour is really nice and I don't even always attend.

Try to enjoy your "free drinks", if only for 2 hours and not 3:rolleyes:

Edited by Lois R

• 6 years later...
15 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

How does the Elite Coffee House Breakfast work in 2019?

Usually in Tuscan Grill. There is either a cold buffet with ham, cheese, salmon, pastries etc or a sit down service where you order a platter. We have experienced both in the last year. I believe that if there are lots of Elites on board they set up the buffet, if only a few it is the platter system. Both worked well for us.

Nice coffee served with it and also Mimosas, Bellinis and Bloody Marys.

It makes a light but relaxing start to the day, hope you enjoy. Great views in Tuscan on S class ships.

The Captains Club Host is always there so if you have any questions or concerns you can ask.

I think some people do Google searches and find threads without realizing that the posts they find are very old.  I also think that many posters aren’t aware that Cruise Critic is searchable and tgey could find answers to many questions with a search of Cruise Critic.