Will my Starbucks card work on the Oasis?

Archaegeo

This is excellent news! I didn't even realize there was a starbucks on board. Now, I can get my fix.

I've long since lost my starbucks gold card. I have the app on my phone that they scan. Does anyone know if they can scan your phone? I can always buy a new card link it to my account, and then use that on board {but won't bother if someone confirms that they will scan my phone!}.

Targets in Canada don't have the phone scan :( so I'm guessing the ship won't either.

Has anyone had their IPhone App scanned and used aboard Oasis or Allure lately?

I was on Allure and they do not have scanners so they could not scan my phone app. All they can do is swipe a card which thankfully I brought too.

It was nice to earn four stars for the week on a ship. :D

Hmm,

But I dont have the gift card, I have the gold card that collects drinks to get free drinks. Plus I "reload" it.

Maybe they have your balance from when the ship sets sail, or updates daily? Doubt they can check each time you buy a drink?

This card will also be accepted. I have one and had no problems on the Allure last year. Just be sure that you load the card before sailing.

Is there a Starbucks on all of the ships? I'll be on the Splendour soon. I'll load my card up ahead of time so as not to have to reload while on the ship if they do have one.

Only Oasis and Allure have an actual Starbucks onboard. All other Royal Caribbean ships serve Starbucks coffee's/products but they do not have licensed Starbucks stores onboard.

Starbucks stores are corporate-owned with the exception of the licensed locations, such as the ones you will find inside hotels, grocery stores, discount stores, etc. RCI licenses the Starbucks brand and staffs the location with RCI employees. I remember when it debuted on Allure, Starbucks sent their trainers to teach the RCI crew how to run a Starbucks. The executives were on board for the inaugural cruise.

It looks just like a Starbucks, the product is the same, the prices are the same. The only difference is that it is on a ship and you can use your Seapass. One thing I like about Starbucks on Allure is that the Americanos are served super hot. No need to ask for "extra hot."

I guess because when on the ship they can't sue for burns as easily as when in America. :D

Edited by believer33323

• 3 years later...
My wife has a couple of starbucks gift cards. Can anyone who has recently cruised the Oasis of the Seas confirm that the starbucks on it accepts these gift cards?

Thanks.

Starbucks accepts gift cards for beverage payment.

And since this thread has been resurrected, I will add that you can use your iPhone app on Harmony. They have the scanners, and I happily scanned all week long so that I could drink iced tea instead of that brown liquid Royal offers. What is that stuff anyway? Yuck.

Starbucks is on the Oasis. I think it opened Nov 2011.

On the Allure last year our Canadian Starbuck gift cards were accepted.

This year I have more. I get them from my Visa points.

Karen

Hi Karen, that's good to know. I get them for Christmas and haven't used them. How does that work with the exchange rate? Do you get a print out of what is left?

TM

• 2 months later...
And since this thread has been resurrected, I will add that you can use your iPhone app on Harmony. They have the scanners, and I happily scanned all week long so that I could drink iced tea instead of that brown liquid Royal offers. What is that stuff anyway? Yuck.

It used to be Seattle bests, but do not know if it has changed.

Yea its bad.

Worth every dollar buying a good cup of starbucks.

Safe travels.