Celebrity's New Menu: I'm just the messenger.

C 2 C

I never understand why people grumble about the MDR. It's always good when I cruise. I don't see the need for forking out more $$$ for specialty restaurants. The food sounds too fancy schmancy for me. I don't eat lobster or escargot, but lots of people do and were glad to see the escargot on the everyday side of the menu. Some years ago, when the escargot was not an everyday item, the waiter brought a man at the next table 3 orders every night.

I think the lobster tail is scaled down from years ago, but you can order more if you want. It was on the Millenium in Aug. in Alaska. I had the beef dish almost every night and it was the best ever. I also love the herb roasted chicken available every day. I had it once and one of my friends had it and loved it. I don't eat fish unless it's deep fried and disguised, lol, but others at my table loved the fish entrees. I did have the crab cake for an appetizer and it was great.

Can't wait for Summit sailing from SJ Feb. 2. Time is going by fast. :D

• 1 month later...
Our dining experience on Reflection for the last 50 days has generally been exceptional, much better than it was over 6 months ago when this thread started.

Probably because Reflection is a new ship. When were were on Silhouette in March the food was to die for. We sailed Summit in October with 4 other couples that were also on Silhouette and the food on Summit in October was no where near as good as Silhouette. This was all MDR as we did not go to any specialty restaurants except for Bistro on 5 which was also better on Silhouette than on Summit. I think they put all their efforts into their newest ships and forget about the rest.

We recently (10 days ago) returned from 25 days on the Silhouette and the food in all venues was very good to excellent! We spent 11 days assigned to the MDR and 14 days in Blu...and also dined in both Murano and Qsine (love this place) as well as the Bistro on 5 (the crepes are worth the $5). I should add that they did have escargot in the MDR (available every night) so I guess the shortage is over. One noticeable improvement we noticed since the last time we had been on this ship (last Dec) was an improvement in the quality and selection up in the Ocean Cafe.

Hank

Maybe I am just a food snob and really spoiled but I found the food to be extremely bland (including Blu) ship wide while on the Alaska Mille cruise in July this year. It was a real disappointment. We are going on Reflection next week and have booked all specialty venues that we haven't tried before and hoping there will be something more flavorful.

Yes. They will bring you anything from the MDR menu if ask.

Sorry, but this is not true on solstice ships....and on the M-class ships they MAY accomodate you. If you want something from the main dining room, then either request it a day in advance or eat in the MDR.

They also will not produce eggs benedict in Blu...if you want those go to the MDR or buffet for breakfast.

Blu is very accommodating, however you do have to be reasonable.

They also will not produce eggs benedict in Blu...if you want those go to the MDR or buffet for breakfast.

Blu is very accommodating, however you do have to be reasonable.

My parents sailed on the Solstice TA this past spring and requested and received Eggs Benedict each morning. :o She will no longer be unreasonable in that she is deceased ;) If they did not want to make it, all they had to do was say no and she would have ordered something else.

My parents sailed on the Solstice TA this past spring and requested and received Eggs Benedict each morning. :o She will no longer be unreasonable in that she is deceased ;) If they did not want to make it, all they had to do was say no and she would have ordered something else.

Hmm...maybe we have to sail on the Solstice. When I asked, both the equinox and eclipse Blu restaurants said that they could not make it so I ordered something else and had my eggs benedict in the MDR on the next morning.

I was on Summit on Nov 10th and there was always a chilled soup

offered. Not sure how old or when the "elimination of the soup"

came into play........but I ordered it so I know they offered it:D

I don't think anyone is going to leave the ship hungry. I always found that even if you cannot find something you want on the menu, the kitchen will fix it for you. Is this 3 star Michelin cuisine found in the best restaurants in the world? Not quite...but its still darn good. Kudo's to X, for maintaining quality in a world of high fuel prices and low cruise rates. :)

We sailed on Summit Nov 24 and there were several chilled soups offered. I did notice the lobster bisque was missing from the left side of the menu, but escargots was still there. We thought the food choices were amazing. We used select dining for the first time and were really impressed with the service and friendliness of the staff.:)

Archived