Dream. Not so much a review as just a need to share!

shootr

This is the room we booked in September:D, wow, I can't wait. Did you hear any noise? Love Love the photos. The first few ones look like they were painted on canvases. Awesome!

Thank you. We didn't hear anything from above - just balcony chairs scraping and balcony doors slamming once in a while - but I think that's on any balcony. You could hear big waves whack the ship once in a while - like a far away rumble. We had some big seas early on, and on top the ship moved pretty good, but down on deck two it was a perfect rock-you-to-sleep gentle sway.

You are so going to dig it!

We were about middway - 2349, under the transition from Dining room to Galley if I read the deck plans right.

One freak splash came right up the side and was above our balcony, but we didn't get wet - it just went up and back down. Very little accumulated salt and you could sit there day or night and not get wet or sprayed - even with those crashers in the pics. Never had to wipe the chairs down or worry about lots of water on the deck, just little puddles here and there once in a while.

Same cabin we had on the Dream I totally agree wonderful and quiet location.

Do the balcony dividers open? We are going on a trip this fall with our best friends and wondered if cove balcony dividers opened. Our TA didn't know. We are choosing between the Legend and this one. It is our friends first cruise. We have been on nine and four different lines.

I've got a new Nikon 5100 with a 55-300 zoom lens waiting at home for me, just delivered today! :D

Can't wait to get home and then get on my cruise with it in 23 daze!:cool:

NICE! You may want to look into something wide too. I thought 28mm would be plenty but still struggled composing a lot of shots. Practice plenty with the manual settings. It will be worth it.

Do the balcony dividers open? We are going on a trip this fall with our best friends and wondered if cove balcony dividers opened. Our TA didn't know. We are choosing between the Legend and this one. It is our friends first cruise. We have been on nine and four different lines.

Every other one does. If you can picture this: Each balcony door has a big steel storm door in case of bad weather. When that is open (99% of the time) it becomes a divider on one side - which can't be opened like you want. On the other side of the balcony, it's a traditional divider that can be opened if requested. Check out this website, he has all the best pics of what I mean.

http: //www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/coveDummies. htm

(Take out the spaces and it should work)

Just got back from the Liberty last Saturday, and I'm already looking to book our next cruise.

Your photos are great, and I think you've got me convinced to go with a cove.

There have been mixed reviews of the Dream (which I always take with a grain of salt). Kindly share your thoughts about your experience aboard the Dream, please :)

Thanks in advance.

Great Pictures!!! We're going to have a cove balcony on the April 21st cruise... I was a little worried about being down on deck #2 but your pics and review make me feel a lot better! (Just so they don't give us oars and ask us to row) lol! :)

Thanks again!

Just got back from the Liberty last Saturday, and I'm already looking to book our next cruise.

Your photos are great, and I think you've got me convinced to go with a cove.

There have been mixed reviews of the Dream (which I always take with a grain of salt). Kindly share your thoughts about your experience aboard the Dream, please :)

Thanks in advance.

The ship is clean and nice. Never had a problem with any staff. Cabin was always well taken care and every request fulfilled asap. Room service on time every morning, 15 minutes max rest of the time. I'm not a decorator, so the design/decor was OK by me.

Had anytime dining - loved it. Some days sat with others, other times by ourselves. Longest wait was once for 30 minutes when we went late (8:30), and they sent a note of apology along with a plate of sweets to our cabin later that night - we never said a word, there is so much going on we didn't notice how long it took. Otherwise it was immediate seating.

We had 3 of 4 excursions cancelled due to weather. They rescheduled us on other things, when we asked, efficiently. Comedy club was fun, didn't go to any showroom shows. Went to other bars - watched karaoke, listened to a western trio, they were all pretty fun/good. Atrium duo was pretty lame - straight out of a movie scene with a Holiday Inn lounge act. Never saw the piano player - not sure what his/her hours were but must have been late.

Didn't drink a lot, but margaritas were good and beer well chilled. Buffet was very good in my opinion. Loved the Mongolian Wok stir fry thing, burrito bar also. Plenty of selection, no long lines except at the specialty areas. Always tables by the window available. Even burgers, hot dogs and fries were good. Pizza - avg. to below avg. but filled the bill.

Serenity is nice, but hot tub closed due to wind a few times. We don't hang next to the pool, so lounge chairs were available EVERYWHERE else. The side hot tubs - others were right - hardly ever used, if you shared it with 4 other people it was an anomaly.

Didn't use the gym AT ALL!!! (Sorry, after 4 months of successful dieting/weight loss - I was taking a break) Took the stairs everywhere, but elevators didn't seem too crowded. First port disembark was a cluster f***, then it was mellow the other three days. Liked all the ports, even Belize, where we wound up hoofing it on our own all around the city - poor, but with character - vendors were average aggressive, didn't bother me but the Mrs. didn't like them much.

I lived on that balcony, I have a cigar every night with a beer and my book (Moneyball is a damn good read) and sat in shorts most nights. Wife had a jacket most evenings, but she hates the cold. (We're from AZ, 60 degrees is chilly to her) Can't think of anything else - just ask and I'll answer.

The ship is clean and nice. Never had a problem with any staff. Cabin was always well taken care and every request fulfilled asap. Room service on time every morning, 15 minutes max rest of the time. I'm not a decorator, so the design/decor was OK by me.

Had anytime dining - loved it. Some days sat with others, other times by ourselves. Longest wait was once for 30 minutes when we went late (8:30), and they sent a note of apology along with a plate of sweets to our cabin later that night - we never said a word, there is so much going on we didn't notice how long it took. Otherwise it was immediate seating.

We had 3 of 4 excursions cancelled due to weather. They rescheduled us on other things, when we asked, efficiently. Comedy club was fun, didn't go to any showroom shows. Went to other bars - watched karaoke, listened to a western trio, they were all pretty fun/good. Atrium duo was pretty lame - straight out of a movie scene with a Holiday Inn lounge act. Never saw the piano player - not sure what his/her hours were but must have been late.

Didn't drink a lot, but margaritas were good and beer well chilled. Buffet was very good in my opinion. Loved the Mongolian Wok stir fry thing, burrito bar also. Plenty of selection, no long lines except at the specialty areas. Always tables by the window available. Even burgers, hot dogs and fries were good. Pizza - avg. to below avg. but filled the bill.

Serenity is nice, but hot tub closed due to wind a few times. We don't hang next to the pool, so lounge chairs were available EVERYWHERE else. The side hot tubs - others were right - hardly ever used, if you shared it with 4 other people it was an anomaly.

Didn't use the gym AT ALL!!! (Sorry, after 4 months of successful dieting/weight loss - I was taking a break) Took the stairs everywhere, but elevators didn't seem too crowded. First port disembark was a cluster f***, then it was mellow the other three days. Liked all the ports, even Belize, where we wound up hoofing it on our own all around the city - poor, but with character - vendors were average aggressive, didn't bother me but the Mrs. didn't like them much.

I lived on that balcony, I have a cigar every night with a beer and my book (Moneyball is a damn good read) and sat in shorts most nights. Wife had a jacket most evenings, but she hates the cold. (We're from AZ, 60 degrees is chilly to her) Can't think of anything else - just ask and I'll answer.

Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

Debarks on most ships are going to be slow - but I always know that going in. I've only sailed on Conquest size ships, so I'm looking forward to switching it up a bit.

I like the idea of a cove balcony - being close to the water etc. Wondering if you get the sun in your cabin because they appear to be enclosed?

Glad to hear the food was good - I can always find something I like. I really enjoy the Mongolian wok, and the Liberty's burritos and tacos were fantastic!

The one thing I always travel with is a positive attitude, which makes for a great experience.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Wow - incredible pictures.

Thanks for the pictures of the other ships as well - my two upcoming cruises are the Disney Magic and the Carnival Dream (your pictures of both brought a smile to my face).

I couldn't agree more with you on the Dream - loved it. It's a wonderful ship, we had top class service and great entertainment last March.

I wanted a cove balcony but traded it for two weeks in a Porthole cabin. Your pictures make me a little jealous but looking back, the second week was so worth the exchange.

Pictures are absolutely stunning. And I agree about the sign above the drug store....poisons...priceless!

Thanks for the info and pictures on the cove. I have friends who are considering it and if I can, I'll link to your posts so they can see and read about them.

Wow - incredible pictures.

Thanks for the pictures of the other ships as well - my two upcoming cruises are the Disney Magic and the Carnival Dream (your pictures of both brought a smile to my face).

Couple more for you:

Loading up the Magic, the porthole windows and activity kind of call for black & white...

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

ship011.jpg

ship012.jpg

ship010.jpg

Was the boat rocking with the bad weather? Were some complaining of seasickness because of the motion?

Thanks.

Our cabin was on deck 2, it was very gentle rolling at most. At the top most decks, we still weren't "thrown off our feet". You could feel the rolling more, but the dining rooms seemed plenty busy still.

I don't have a lot of cruises to compare ships motion, but people have said this ship moves more than most - If that is so, the others must have been rock steady. I know the HAL Oosterdam moved a lot more than this one. It had a "lurch" to it, like riding with a teenager with a learners permit in a standard transmission truck for the first time. This thing just seemed to bash through waves without a problem.

We took Meclizine along just in case, never needed it.

Archived