Bridge Tour

oregonian cruiser

How does one go about making arrangements for a bridge tour?

Sailing on Infinity in 2 1/2 weeks. :)

Check your "My Celebrity", they actually have a tour that I believe is $75. It allows you to be on the bridge while the ship is leaving port. Not sure if its under shore excursions, on my computer it didn't show up.

We were on the March 5th Silhouette and both the concierge and the captain said the $75 bridge tour has been suspended indefinitely. The captain said it was done before the Concordia accident. Not sure about freebie tours.

We were on the March 5th Silhouette and both the concierge and the captain said the $75 bridge tour has been suspended indefinitely. The captain said it was done before the Concordia accident. Not sure about freebie tours.

This, sadly, was our experience too.:(

I wanted to do a bridge tour but now I have a sinking feeling it won't happen.

In a very different time (1989) we were in a 16 day cruise on Costa's Daphne. She only carried 400 passengers. We were welcome on the bridge anytime we wanted to stop by. The only time we couldn't visit was at night or while leaving or entering port. It was really something special.

My DH will be bummed. He really wanted to do the bridge tour that included sailaway, even though it did cost $75. We have done a free bridge tour in the past and he loved it (he has a maritime background). Too bad the sailaway tour is no longer being offered. Maybe they will have changed the policy by November. We'll still enjoy the cruise!

Linda

Might be on a ship by ship/captain by captain basis. I was on the Eclipse in February - After the Costa incident and they did have the tour. It was advertised in the daily when we first boarded. There was the bridge tour during sail-away and a behind the scenes tour. We did the behind the scenes one and it was really cool.

How does one go about making arrangements for a bridge tour?

Sailing on Infinity in 2 1/2 weeks. :)

Go on one of the small ship (50 - 100 passenger) cruises. You are generally welcome on the bridge at any time of the day.

DON

When I was on the Connie last year a bridge tour was organized just for our roll call - gratis. If you haven't already done so, you might want to sign up for your voyage's roll call.

Hey Oregonian Cruiser, I think this is the best suggestion yet! If you organize it over on the Roll Call thread, count me in for 4! :)

When we were on the Connie last April, the bridge tour was by invitation only and for Elite members. It was really very interesting and both my DH and I enjoyed it. However, we also went on the galley tour and that was by far, more interesting to me. It's amazing how many people are working and how much food they go through during the course of a cruise.

I'm hoping that there are still the freebie bridge/ galley/backstage/engine control room tours available for the Elites. The bridge tour was happening for the Elites onboard Century (Hawaii) last November but did not see it on Equinox (TA) a month later.

I'm guessing Elite numbers, CC Hostess, Captain, days at sea, etc. etc. have a lot to do whether bridge tours happen or not.

I'm hoping that there are still the freebie bridge/ galley/backstage/engine control room tours available for the Elites. The bridge tour was happening for the Elites onboard Century (Hawaii) last November but did not see it on Equinox (TA) a month later.

I'm guessing Elite numbers, CC Hostess, Captain, days at sea, etc. etc. have a lot to do whether bridge tours happen or not.

I actually think it depends on the square root of the number of stars visible at 1:07am in the morning. There is absolutely no consistency between ships, crews and cruises. The best you can do is ask nicely at the front desk...ask the captain's club host/hostess nicely and spell out please using chopsticks from the sushi bar....

Best of luck. If they do have the tours, the most interesting is the bridge tour. The others are, to be nice, less interesting. Don't forget about a backstage tour which is actually interesting...sometimes offered to captain's club members, sometimes open to anyone on the ship, sometimes only open to anyone with a middle name starting with Q. Welcome to Celebrity :)

I took the bridge tour on the Infinity in January. They were taking groups of 15 inside the bridge for a short 15 minute tour. This was announced in the Celebrity today daily handout. The tour was on a sea day , in the morning and there was no cost.

On my first two Celebrity cruises I was invited. On the first, on the Infinity, I asked at Guest Services, and a few days later I received my invitation. On my second, on the Constellation, I went to the Connections party and everyone who signed in was to be invited. I received my invitation near the end of the cruise. That was four and two years ago, respectively. Not sure if things have changed since then.

Good luck!

Bridge%20tour.JPG

Bridge%20tour%201.JPG

Bridge%20tour%202.JPG

Bridge%20tour%203.JPG

we were on the Eclipse sailing Feb 18 and my husband did both the bridge tour/sailaway from St. Maarten and the behind the scenes tour the last day at sea. He is still talking about it and I am sure it cemented many more cruises for us. He had a great time and said the Sr. Officers were extremely personable.

Archived