Athens tour company

djandbj

Paul (and any of his drivers) will be able to give you plenty of information about Corinth and the area as they are taking you there. Couple that with some pre-trip reading about it and you'll be fine. We were just there in May and did not have a guide and none of us felt that we missed anything doing it on our own. BTW, the small museum there is fabulous. Enjoy!

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I visited Corinth a couple of years ago with a private driver and some information of my own. I was a little surprised by how much there was at the site and felt I didn't have adequate notes. Now I am going back again and have found a lot more information on Corinth this time around.

What is the customary tip for the driver?

Thank you.

Tipping is quite a personal thing......we had a wonderful guide

when I sailed Equinox in May. I didn't ask anyone how much they

tipped. I cruise solo and I think I gave the guide 10 Euros and

I honestly can't remember how much I gave the driver:eek:

Oh we used this same company....and it was a wonderful day:D

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I visited Corinth a couple of years ago with a private driver and some information of my own. I was a little surprised by how much there was at the site and felt I didn't have adequate notes. Now I am going back again and have found a lot more information on Corinth this time around.

Good point in that some people will want a lot more detail about what they are seeing so a guide would most definitely be beneficial. :)

We recently used Private Greece Tours for a tour of Athens. Our driver was Billy, he was very knowledgeable and knew exactly when to be at the relevant sights without us being lost amongst the hoards of other tourists.

He also recommended an excellent restaurant, where we had a delicious lunch!

I would be more than happy to use this company again and was very happy with their service, value for money, when you consider how much the cruise ships charge you for their excursions!!

We also used Private Greece Tours for our 1/2 day trip to Cape Sounion. You can see my photo review of the trip in the Cape Sounion or Corinth??? thread.

I highly recommend the company due to the excellent and continuous communication I had with Nikos for over 6 months while planning this trip and the excellent service we received during the tour. Nilkos was always very prompt in replying to all my emails. The other reason I recommend them is the excellent and professional service we received from our driver Dmitris. He was very informative and helpful. His taxi was clean, the air conditioner worked very well, and the car did not smell of smoke. At the end of the trip Dmitris dropped off us right at the gangway to the ship. It was very nice to not have to deal with the port shuttle service.

Next time I need a tour provider in Athens, I will once again use Private Greece Tours.

Just off our Ruby Med cruise...

Exchanged many great emails with Nikos Loukas before hand and then shared wonderful day with Alex our GREAT driver, my husband, and two fellow cruisers from Cruise Critic.

Alex told us so much about where we were, what was going on with Greece...historically and now..what a great day!

We saw so much and he detoured and he rearranged the day due to traffic to maximize our day. 240 Euros total....

So worth it to get to see so much in limited time. WOW...

Highly recommend this company and ALEX!!!

Bernadette

When we were in Athens in June we hired a great taxi driver. Stathis Mataragkas showed us around Athens. His email is m_stan@on.gr or stathis_mat@hotmail.com. He had a traditional taxi that could seat 4 passengers. If I remember right he charged us 150 euro to take us around Athens for as long as we desired. He helped us buy tickets to the sites. Dropped us off and returned to pick us up at the time we requested. He was easy to talk to and spoke excellent English.

• 2 weeks later...

We went on our first ever cruise in June 2012, we were very worried about booking a taxi to take us around Athens. We found http://www.privategreecetours.com/ email nikosloukas1@gmail.com for enquiries, on this site and booked a taxi to collect us from the dock and take us on a half day tour. Our taxi driver Sakis couldn't have been kinder, or more knowledgable. He not only showed us on brochures and books where we were visiting but also had old coins to show us as well. He provided bottles of water, local snacks cooked by his wife and a souvenier map of the Parthenon. We saw so much of Athens in just one morning. I would reccommend this company ans be sure to ask for Sakis.

• 1 month later...

September 2012 - had a great all day tour with Private Greece Tours. We were on a 20 Day Med Tour on the Noordam, and we feel that our tour with Demos was one of the best. If we had more time in Athens, I think Demos would have taken us home for dinner. In comparing tours with others on the ship, no one had the indepth tour of Athens that we did. If we ever get the chance to go to Greece again, we will definitely go with Nikos' company.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Private Greece Tours for our port day on October 17th. Nikos was very prompt and efficient in his replies to my email, and Elias, our driver, was wonderful! He gave us some historical background to all of the sites, and made sure we saw everything we had on our agenda for the 6 hours we had in Athens. I highly recommend them.

• 2 weeks later...

We can't enough good things about Nikos and his tour company, Private Greece Tours. Although our ship was a little late docking on October 18h, 2012, he was right there waiting for us! He was actually our driver and guide, how lucky can we be?? We felt very safe in Athens even though there had been rioting about their economy. Nikos was not only extremely kind, he really knew his way around the traffic and knew there was an elevator at the Acropolis for my disabled husband. In the past my husband was not able to get to the top - but this time, he stood at the top with our friends and me! What an incredible feeling. One of our friends wanted an authentic gyros (yes, turisto!) so we were off the Plaka near temples, we were able to combine the fabulous lunch stop as well as see a few temples in the mix.

Needless to say, Nikos and his company is exceptional. For those of you who are afraid to take a private tour, well, we always take private tours wherever we go. Never a problem, never a delay. Private Greece Tours stands above all the other companies. We are seasoned international travelers so we aren't impressed easily.

Thanks Nikos!

Can't say enough about Private Greece Tours. As a group of 8, we were all impressed with the knowledge, humor, and professionalism of this group from booking to being dropped off for our 12 day cruise. Bravo!!

Welcome to CC!

Our group of ll just finished a private tour Oct. 30th arranged by Nikos for a full day of Athens. Our Driver Demetris picked us up from the ships port in a lovely Mercedes Benz van right on time. He took us to all the highlights of Athens including the Acropolis and many more spotse giving us background information along the way. He spoke excellent English, and not only was he very informative about his country he was very funny and friendly which our group loved.t The Acropolis was amazing and the view from the highest point in Athens was beautiful. It rained for a bit so rather than us get out in the rain to see the changing of the guards which happens on the hour he timed it so it was not raining. We loved our typical Greek lunch at a spot he recommended which was very reasonable and enjoying. He dropped us off in plenty of time to catch our ship. Our group also are seasoned travellers and find the ships tours too expensive and very crowed with too much time spent getting many people on and off the bus. We always do the private tours and feel we have much more fun which after all is what it is all about. I highly recommend Private Greece Tour company arranged by Nikos Loukas.

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for Greece Private Tours. Our group of 12 had a great day planned out by our drIver Dimitris. There were protests scheduled for the day that we were there in October but he managed to get us to all the sites we wanted to see while having to avoid blocked off roads without a problem. Their rates were much less expensive than the ship excursions and we loved the smaller groups.

And if there's the slightest doubt of their honesty or customer service I'd like to share this story with you. When we got back to the ship I realized I didn't have my camera. We didn't get home until over a week later and I wrote to Nikos Loukas, the owner, to see if they had found it, not having much hope. Sure enough, they had my camera. Dimitris had found it between the seats and didn't know who it belonged to and they were waiting for someone to claim it. After many emails back and forth we found the best way to send it back to me. You can only imagine how wonderful it was to get it back. You can't replace the memories.

I also HIGHLY recommend Private Greece Tours. You won't be sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

We were very impressed with our day spent with Dimitri of Athens by Taxi. His sister, Potoula, arranged everything, including several changes we wanted to make to the standard itinerary. Dimitri worked around a scheduled protest and various closing hours to make sure we got to see everything we wanted at the least amount of inconvenience. We were with him literally all day--8 AM at the ship, to 5 PM at the airport hotel, and he couldn't have been more informative, interesting and accommodating. It wasn't an inexpensive day but to make the most of only one long day in Athens, it was well worth it.

We were very impressed with our day spent with Dimitri of Athens by Taxi. His sister, Potoula, arranged everything, including several changes we wanted to make to the standard itinerary. Dimitri worked around a scheduled protest and various closing hours to make sure we got to see everything we wanted at the least amount of inconvenience. We were with him literally all day--8 AM at the ship, to 5 PM at the airport hotel, and he couldn't have been more informative, interesting and accommodating. It wasn't an inexpensive day but to make the most of only one long day in Athens, it was well worth it.

We have used this same company several times, most recently in October. This time we finally met Paul (Dimitri and Potoula's father) who started the company. With this family you cannot go wrong.

My husband and I did a full day tour with Private Greece Tours (Nikos Loukas) last May and thought it was fantastic. We had specific things we wanted to see and they were able to tailor the day to fit our interests. Our driver, Makis, was incredibly friendly and knowledgable and coordinated well with our guide, Myrto. The two of them changed the order of our itinerary a couple of times to accomodate unexpected crowds and weather to make sure we had the best experience possible.

When Myrto realized that we did not know a lot about the history of the Acropolis but were very interested in it, we spent some extra time in the New Acropolis Museum and she taught us all sorts of interesting tidbits that really made our visit across the street to the ruins extra special when we went there later in the day.

The personal attention and focus that we were given on this tour really made the day worthwhile. This was probably our favorite excursion on our two week cruise.

I highly recommend Private Greece Tours if you're looking to book a tour!

• 3 weeks later...

We too used Private Greece Tours in November on our Celebrity Equinox port stop. OUTSTANDING - start to finish.

Great communications with Nikos.

Perfect new (I think) Mercedes bus.

Our driver, Dimitris, was fun, very knowledgeable, and even tried to reach us some Greek.

The tour was planned and executed with precision. All the right stops for just the right amount of time.

My highest recommendation.