Reusable Water Bottles

LoveMuffin

Yup. I always do this. It keeps me from having to refill constantly. It also works great on port days. I just fill it up with tons of ice and some water before getting off the ship and don't have to purchase bottled water.

We use the ship's water exclusively...but we just get a glass of ice water when we need one...we don't feel the need to carry bottles around with us. We don't even carry water off the ship, unless we know we'll be in an area where there is nothing to eat or drink!

We bought the collapsible soft plastic ones from a camping store. Great to have, and the ship's water is fine. What we did is fill them up at night, and in the Princess cabins there's a small refrigerator, we cooled them over night and had cold bottled water for the next day.

We have brought Nalgene bottles on last cruises. This time, we may try the Brita individual bottles with filters (used to that taste since we use Brita at home). Use them for port days as well as having water by the bed at night. Either way, the ship's water is fine.

We used the Brita filtered water bottles on our 34 days aboard the Radiance. We refilled them from the tap and stored them in the refrigerator, keeping them on our nightstands at night. Saved us A LOT of money. They were great until the very end of the cruise when we began to notice a funny taste - the filters were probably "done" by that point. In some ports, they made a point of saying only sealed water bottles could be taken ashore, so on those days, if we had a tour that involved long bus rides, we bought water to take. Just bought new filters (2 for $7 - or about the cost of one bottle of water on the ship!) for our next trip.

I travel everywhere with my stainless water bottle. Sometimes it holds wine. Shhh;) It goes empty through airport security and I fill it at a water fountain (O'Hare has awesome fountains that are designed for water bottles!!) I carry a water bottle with my in my daily life - everywhere - so I need one when I travel as well, or I get really dehydrated.

I take a wide mouth 1 liter Nalgene bottle and fill it either with the melted ice from my ice bucket, or using glasses of ice water at the buffet. For hygienic reasons, you should not fill your bottles directly from the water dispenser at the buffet. The wide mouth makes it a little easier to fill.

I have an insulated carrier for it, and use it both on and off the ship.

I refill my water bottle in the cabin bathroom, but rather than putting the opening of the bottle up near the faucet, I fill a clean glass and pour it into the bottle from there, as many times as it takes to fill the bottle. I feel that is more sanitary.

Archived