Credit due to itinerary change??

cincikruzer

So if there is an itinerary change, do they give you any type of credit??? I booked this specific cruise because it was the one that spent the most time in Nassau. 7am to 10 pm, now I receive an email about a change in time to 8am to 6pm. That in my mind is false advertisement. It would be different if it was due to bad weather, etc. I would understand, but that can't be the case. I'm pretty bummed.:confused:

If that really upsets you then cancel your cruise. Do those, who are going a favour, rather than having you sit around and grouse about it during the whole cruise.

Sometimes things happen and most often for a reason. I gather you would ask for a credit in the amount that you paid for the cruise? Many do, but it isn't going to happen as already stated.

Be happy - sometimes the weather prevents making some stops. We missed out on Monte Carlo because of the weather - so not Carnival's fault. It happens.

So if there is an itinerary change, do they give you any type of credit??? I booked this specific cruise because it was the one that spent the most time in Nassau. 7am to 10 pm, now I receive an email about a change in time to 8am to 6pm. That in my mind is false advertisement. It would be different if it was due to bad weather, etc. I would understand, but that can't be the case. I'm pretty bummed.:confused:

If you read the cruise contract that you agreed to (& all the fine print), you will find they can move itineraries, ports, times, dates, etc. for many reasons. Many times it is due to port congestion. :)

I don't know where other than Nassau you are going, but that would be my last worry. Any other port will be better than Nassau in my opinion. Enjoy your cruise. You would probably return to the ship early anyway.

I love Nassau, and would be a bit bummed if they left at 3 or 4, but not at 6. Streets are not that safe at night, there has been quite a bit of increase in crime, and any shore excursion you may have booked except for the sunset cruise will be accomodating these hours. Remember your safety and those on the ship are of the highest priortiy. What's your other port?

We booked our last cruise so we could see Nassau. (again)

Ship arrived a day late and there was no mention of skipping

Nassau until we got to the pier. We really didn't care

about Orlando or the private island but were pissed that we

missed were not going to Nassau. Would have been nice to

skip the private island and make it to Nassau instead.

If they had told us before we left the house that we would not

be going to Nassau, I would have cancelled and re-booked for

another date.

I would take any hours over none.

If that really upsets you then cancel your cruise. Do those, who are going a favour, rather than having you sit around and grouse about it during the whole cruise.

Sometimes things happen and most often for a reason. I gather you would ask for a credit in the amount that you paid for the cruise? Many do, but it isn't going to happen as already stated.

Be happy - sometimes the weather prevents making some stops. We missed out on Monte Carlo because of the weather - so not Carnival's fault. It happens.

Wow. Someone peed in your cheerios this morning? That was rather harsh.

I happen to be on the same cruise and I'm not happy they changed the times either but this will be my 13th cruise and I can deal with it.

People cruising for the first time, don't understand.

We, as seasoned cruisers can be a little more compassionate instead of so mean spirited.

The port of Nassau probably realized they had too many ships coming in, and not enough dock space for them. Your ship probably got "bumped." Happens often enough. Truthfully, I wouldn't want to be walking the streets of Nassau at night anyway!:D

The question has been answered, but I want to add that leaving at 6pm vs. leaving at 10pm wouldn't bother me. Most businesses close early, and even if they stayed open, I wouldn't be out and about in this island after dark. It does have its share of crime.

Last time we were in Nassau, our ship stayed until 10pm. Most people made their way back to the ship around 5-6 pm. I was out on deck before sailaway checking out the pier for runners, and it was deserted. Didn't see one person making it's way back that late.

One of the best cruises I have been on was supposed to be a 6-night New York to Nassau (only a day in Nassau, the rest at sea, I had done it before, and it was fine by me).

We get to the ship, and I'm in the captain's cabin (a friend of mine). The cruise line president was there also, and they are talking about the storm brewing down south. They agree that we're going north to New England and Canada instead!

No refunds or credits (some folks were upset, but not many), but I got to go through the Cape Cod canal. I never knew there was a Cape Cod canal until then! They actually delivered more ports, and the canal cruise was great!

One of the best cruises I have been on was supposed to be a 6-night New York to Nassau (only a day in Nassau, the rest at sea, I had done it before, and it was fine by me).

We get to the ship, and I'm in the captain's cabin (a friend of mine). The cruise line president was there also, and they are talking about the storm brewing down south. They agree that we're going north to New England and Canada instead!

No refunds or credits (some folks were upset, but not many), but I got to go through the Cape Cod canal. I never knew there was a Cape Cod canal until then! They actually delivered more ports, and the canal cruise was great!

I would do that one in a heatbeat! Anything but Florida & a private island. lol Bad enough our 7 day cruise turned into 6.

Quite honestly, Nassau is really not all that great. I don't think you're missing out on much, and others have made a great point about being there after dark. I would never want to be wandering around Nassau in the dark!

no. they don't make you get off the ship. you pay to be on the ship, whether it goes anywhere or not. been a long time since anyone used the ships for transportation*.

I just remembered that a few days into the cruise I was walking down the hall and passed a woman and she said "I can't wait until we get to Nassau" to which I replied, 'that's not happening.'

The girl couldn't/wouldn't believe me. She and her mother had not know.

They were making a special trip to Nassau, something to do with her

dead sister. (ashes?) I felt so bad for her. :(

What's been said - everything closes up at 5pm-ish including the beaches at BCH, The Sheraton, etc.

Unless you want to stay and drink in the wharf area, there isn't much to do once the town shuts down and I wouldn't want to be walking the streets when its dead......

I don't know where other than Nassau you are going, but that would be my last worry. Any other port will be better than Nassau in my opinion. Enjoy your cruise. You would probably return to the ship early anyway.

Except for maybe Freeport:D

I am one of the few that do like Nassau. My son and I always have what we call an adventure in Nassau. We usually get back to the ship around 9 pm when in Nassau. I'm totally bummed that we're leaving early.

I am one of the few that do like Nassau. My son and I always have what we call an adventure in Nassau. We usually get back to the ship around 9 pm when in Nassau. I'm totally bummed that we're leaving early.

I am with you too...we always have a great time in Nassau...I love it there...if you just get off the ship and walk into town, not so much, but there are some nice places if you go and look for them.

And not sure about all the afterdark talk...the best times we have had there are when we are there late...Senior Frogs is not a far walk and we have had to run it several times about 12:45 am to not miss the ship...no one has ever bothered us, the main street right there does have security, not to mention those guys at the gate with machine guns...

As a not-very-experienced cruiser, I understand the OP's frustration. But to the OP, what you should be worried about is not change in schedule/port hours, is the actual missed port once you're cruising :P

I've cruised 3 times (will be going on a gain this year) and have always missed a port :p and I think only once out of the three I got a credit for future cruise.. usually if it's weather related, they have the right to skip ports without needing to compensate.

Archived