What's after Elite?

Eagle Eye

We have now cruised Princess 20 times and with our 225 plus days we don't even come close !

I was just on the Ruby a couple of weeks ago. Sailed with Princess 16 times with 120 days and got invited.

This was the first time and I was shocked!! I figured I would need a lot more days. Just goes to show you never know.

Jim

• Let Elites select what time they want to disembark, and assign the color based on their selection.

This is already an elite benefit:

Priority Disembarkation

If you have independent onward travel you may contact the Circle Host towards the end of your voyage to state your request to disembark with your preferred disembarkation group. If you'd like to linger onboard longer, we'll be more than happy to give you a later disembarkation group. If you'd like to be one of the first groups to disembark, we'll gladly accommodate - the choice is yours!

I was just on the Ruby a couple of weeks ago. Sailed with Princess 16 times with 120 days and got invited.

This was the first time and I was shocked!! I figured I would need a lot more days. Just goes to show you never know.

Jim

Where were you sailing?

I've heard stories about those who are platinum being invited but think that's an "urban legend"...LOL! :p

I'm just over 600 days and so far I've made the luncheon every time but I will say that I'm moving down the list quickly. Up until about two-three years ago, we always seemed to be in the top three most traveled passengers list and on our last cruise a couple of weeks ago on the Crown, we were down to table #5 at the luncheon. Before you know it, I'll be off the MTP luncheon invite list. Oh welll, its been fun up until now and until we get to retire which isnt for another 20 years, I'll be happy if I get to continue to cruise a couple of times a year regardless of our status.

I will agree, it's a very special perk and we do enjoy it so I hope it doesnt go away too soon. :)

Priority Disembarkation

If you have independent onward travel you may contact the Circle Host towards the end of your voyage to state your request to disembark with your preferred disembarkation group. If you'd like to linger onboard longer, we'll be more than happy to give you a later disembarkation group. If you'd like to be one of the first groups to disembark, we'll gladly accommodate - the choice is yours!

This is true but going to the Circle Host did not work for us. She told us she could not help us with that and we had to go the the Purser's Desk. From that cruise on, we did just that!!!

Priority Disembarkation

On our last cruise the Circle Host told us that was not allowed, we must disembark with our assigned group (by deck), which would have caused us issues with making our flight, as the time we requested resulted in a group leaving too late. She said the "disembark anytime" option is a "walk off with your own baggage" only option. To her credit, she arranged it such that we could leave a little before the group was called.

On our previous cruise the hostess said we could disregard the assigned group color and, as Elite, get off whenever we wanted. THAT's a perk.

This is true but going to the Circle Host did not work for us. She told us she could not help us with that and we had to go the the Purser's Desk. From that cruise on, we did just that!!!

Like other things onboard, I guess it all depends upon how much those onboard know company policy...or maybe how much they're willing to follow policy?

I generally give my request to the PSD & only contacted the CC hostess once when there was a problem that she was able to solve for us. Since this benefit may not be used often, even the CC hostess may not be aware of this elite benefit. However if anyone desires to use this benefit & points it out to the CC hostess, then IMO it should be done. ;)

On our last cruise the Circle Host told us that was not allowed, we must disembark with our assigned group (by deck), which would have caused us issues with making our flight. She said the "disembark anytime" option is a "walk off with your own baggage" only option. To her credit, she arranged it such that we could leave a little before the group was called.

On our previous cruise the hostess said we could disregard the assigned group color and, as Elite, get off whenever we wanted.THAT's a perk.

Maybe the Circle Host should read the Princess statement on this benefit because they're wrong or Princess should stop telling us it's an option. :rolleyes:

The policy is clearly stated about what the CC host is suppose to do but obviously they just ignore it sometimes which to me isn't how it should be done. Princess says it's an option, some CC hosts say no, I'd show them the statement to see if they'd follow the written benefits for an elite CC member before asking Princess why it's not being given.

It's nowhere near a big issue to me beyond Princess saying yes & some CC hosts saying no because based on the Princess statement they're wrong.

I follow the disembarkation procedure however I rarely see them check the disembarkation tag as we depart the ship so that's something nearly everyone could do if they desired. ;)

I didn't see anyone mention the "Elite Plus" onboard credits yet.

From http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlxQ.O8X35o-Q.6SJCc.WsMjlg84mIQPj :

MOST-TRAVELED PASSENGERS

bullet.jpg Eligibility for the Most-Traveled Passenger Award at the Members' Cocktail Party

bullet.jpg Most-Traveled Luncheon for the top 40 most-traveled passengers on any voyage of 7+ days

bullet.jpgOnboard credit per household after completion of 20 cruise credits†:

$25 for 20–30 cruise credits

$50 for 31–40 cruise credits

$75 for 41–50 cruise credits

$100 for 51+ cruise credits spacer.gif

I didn't see anyone mention the "Elite Plus" onboard credits yet.

From http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlxQ.O8X35o-Q.6SJCc.WsMjlg84mIQPj :

MOST-TRAVELED PASSENGERS

bullet.jpg Eligibility for the Most-Traveled Passenger Award at the Members' Cocktail Party

bullet.jpg Most-Traveled Luncheon for the top 40 most-traveled passengers on any voyage of 7+ days

bullet.jpgOnboard credit per household after completion of 20 cruise credits†:

$25 for 20–30 cruise credits

$50 for 31–40 cruise credits

$75 for 41–50 cruise credits

$100 for 51+ cruise credits spacer.gif

Funny about the 31-40 cruise credits...I've seen where it's 32-40 cruise credits, i.e. AFTER your 31st cruise, you get the additional credit. That's how it worked for us.

Funny about the 31-40 cruise credits...I've seen where it's 32-40 cruise credits, i.e. AFTER your 31st cruise, you get the additional credit. That's how it worked for us.

And the $25 credit starts with cruise 21.

Priority Disembarkation

This is on the letter that the Circle Host sends to your cabin at the start of your voyage. There is no excuse for the Host to not know about a benefit in the letter that goes out with the Host's signature.

On the other hand, there is really no need for this benefit.

o If you want the walkoff with your luggage option, fill out the form that comes to your cabin and bring it to the Purser's desk as soon as possible after you get it.

o If you want a particular time when the luggage will be onshore awaiting you, if you do not get that time having requested it on the disembarkation request form, you can exchange what you did get for the time you want by going to the Purser's desk.

I follow the disembarkation procedure however I rarely see them check the disembarkation tag as we depart the ship so that's something nearly everyone could do if they desired. ;)

The gotcha is that if you will be claiming your luggage on shore, it may not be there until the time you were assigned to disembark.

Leave before your assigned time and you may end up waiting awhile in the terminal luggage collection area.

They do not call a color group to leave the ship until the luggage is ready on shore for that color.

On our last NCL cruise I heard a crew member advising (well, arguing with) a guy who was trying to leave early. The crew member was warning him that his luggage wouldn't be available for a long time, possibly an hour or more. I imagine it would be the same with Princess.

The change in debarking time is handled by the Passenger Services Desk, not the Captain's Circle representative.

The Passenger Services Desk (Elite line) will change your time and issue new appropriate color luggage tags. All you have to do is ask.

We have changed our time on several cruises and have had absolutely no problems.

P&J

Where were you sailing?

I've heard stories about those who are platinum being invited but think that's an "urban legend"...LOL! :p

A few years ago on a Tahiti Cruise on the Tahitian Princess when we were still Platinum, we were invited to the most traveled passengers luncheon. It was a real surprise and we had a great time at the lunceon.

o If you want the walkoff with your luggage option, fill out the form that comes to your cabin and bring it to the Purser's desk as soon as possible after you get it.

I don't understand what the form is for? We never filled out anything on our trip last summer, but did the early walk off with luggage anyway. No one batted an eye at us. Can someone explain the form?

I don't understand what the form is for? We never filled out anything on our trip last summer, but did the early walk off with luggage anyway. No one batted an eye at us. Can someone explain the form?

There is a form sent to the cabin, usually midway in the cruise, asking what your disembarkation preference is. I have seen this done two ways.

1) A form just about the walkoff option. If you want it, you fill it out and bring it to the purser's desk. For everybody else:

a) If you were on Princess booked air or had booked Princess transfer to the airport, they knew what time you had to leave and assigned your departure time accordingly.

b) If you were on a Princess tour that day, you were assigned a time to meet with your tour group.

c) If you were with an organized travel group, you were assigned a time for that group.

d) All other passengers were assigned a time based on the deck they were on. If you wanted a different time, you could request it at the Purser's desk.

2) The form asks if you want walkoff or if you would like a specific time. You turn the form in at the Pursor's desk. Those in categories a,b or c above would not get the form.

You should have received colored disembarkation luggage tags in your cabin along with a list of what color tag was to meet where and when. Did you not receive these? If not, how did you klnow where to meet for your disembarkation and at what time?

As far as Princess not batting an eye when you walked off, since they do not verify which group you were supposed to disembark with, they could not tell you had not signed up for self-disembarkation.

Caribill explained it perfectly, but here's a photo from our last cruise:

http://pescadoamarillo2012.blogspot.com/2012_02_06_archive.html

We are Elite level now, but a few years ago when we were Platinum we were invited to the Captain's Cocktail Party. Must not have been many Elites that wanted to go. Since we have been Elite, we have not been invited to a Cocktail Party or Lunch. Go figure.

Where were you sailing?

See my earlier response. Ours was an Alaska Inside Passage, and we got invited as Platinum. Really!

Yeah, you never know when it's going to happen. We only had 20 Elites on my OP sailing. I was shocked. Even Platinums were invited. I wasn't interested in going to the luncheon, but I did enjoy the bridge tour.

And there were 503 elites on our recent Star Princess cruise.

Archived