What kind of souvenirs did you bring back from Hawaii?

clinthi

Before moving here, we would bring back calendars each time we visited. Now, our friends on the mainland are still requesting calendars and we mail out a bunch of them each year. They are inexpensive....usually $1.00 or less, come with a mailing envelope, are available just about year round and can be found in every Walmart and Long's Drungs as well as other stores. And, they travel well!

I also like the macadamia nuts (both choc and without) and kona coffee. I try to find small items that are made in the islands also, jewelry, small wooden items, they have to be made in Hawaii, not China! :D

Sue

We like to bring back small souvenirs for friends and family.

What kinds of things did you bring back?

(Keeping in mind I need to get it back on the ship and I am flying home.)

Thanks!

Brought back chocolates with macadamia nuts from Big Island Candies, a friend of mine who lives in Hilo took us there (we also saw tour buses when we were there too ) and they are very good - small boxes too

Thanks!

After being to Hawaii 5 times since 2006 I was running out of ideas of things to bring back. We usually bring back all the items mentioned. But a couple of months ago we also brought back leis making kits. Everyone loved them. We had a party and everyone was expected to make and wear their own leis, it was a big success.

I want to find one of those jiggly hula girls for the car dashboard like I saw in the movie "Descendants". Total kitsch but will make me remember my Hawaii trip. :) I hope they are easy to find.

Bought one at a Target store in Raleigh in the automotive section. :-)

We always bring back a dozen cans of the classic Mauna Loa nuts.

Thanks!

Don't buy the coffee........not coffee drinkers.......but lots of macadamia nuts.....choolate covered.......or carmel........also buy black coral..........brought back 3 the last time we were there......... ;)

Sharon

If good Kona coffee is too $, consider Kauai or Maui grown coffee. Some of those are fantastic and 1/2 the price of a really good Kona. True, they are not Kona coffees and don't have the same characteristics, but the good ones are really tasty and harder to find on the mainland.

beachchick

Go to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet on Oahu...they have just about everything at half the cost in stores. We brought back Mauna Loa Hershey Kisses, Mac Nuts, Lotion from Oahu and Kauai, Coconut Bra, tons of Lei's, many souvenirs from Pearl Harbor and a ukelele!

If you like ABC stores, you can order online and have it shipped (we saw it there, got back home, ordered it online). Calendars, pens, nuts, chocolates, coffee, shirts, etc. :p

This is cheating a bit, but it saves room in your suitcase. :D

We did bring back stuff in our suitcases as well.

Basically, coffee....and pineapples! (This was waaaay before luggage limits!!!) And, some perfume for me!

You can buy Macadamia nuts almost everywhere....I saw no sense in lugging them home!

Basically, coffee....and pineapples! (This was waaaay before luggage limits!!!) And, some perfume for me!

You can buy Macadamia nuts almost everywhere....I saw no sense in lugging them home!

Fortunately, nearly all or perhaps even all airlines allow one full size box of pineapples (6 to 8) per person as checked luggage without the checked bag fees.

beachchick

Archived