Lots of new pics of Breakaway with today's announcement (Spice, Garden Cafe, Vibe)

ddakrt

Looks like NCL is using similar features that Carnival used on their new ships like the rope course, mini golf and other things. Wonder how the two ships will compare when the breakaway gets released

The renderings look awesome! As a big fan of Spongebob and his friends, I love the large figurines of them in the children's pool. That alone may be enough to get me to book passage! LOL

I'm a little dissapointed the Spice H20 area doesn't have a "real" pool. The top decks seem more like a water park for kids and not too much for the adults without kids. There is The Haven but only a small percentage of pax will have access to it.

Be sure to check out the new deck plans. The layout is quite different!

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/deck-plans/#deck5

Ernie

The renderings look awesome! As a big fan of Spongebob and his friends, I love the large figurines of them in the children's pool. That alone may be enough to get me to book passage! LOL

Ernie

Second that, just sent it to DH trying to convince him we need to book.

Can't wait! This ship is going to be awesome.

Tracy

Awesine? Looks pretty darn scary to me! Look at all the reeeeeally weird passengers:

• In the second picture of the first set, a father walks his daughter along the basketball court, oblivious of the game in progress a few feet away. That's wreckless parenting.
  • In the third picture of the first set, the woman in the colorful dress, center of the shot, casts no shadow. And it might be just me, but she really looks like she's floating a little above the deck, not standing on it in standard bipedal fashion. The bottles on the bar look that way, too, and aren't they just a wee bit bigger than standard wine bottles? (I'm not totally sure about that one. It's still creepy.) Gotta wonder what that ubercreepy guy over on the left is all overly grins about, too; better keep your eye on him. And is there some sort of flashlight behind the seat cushions of those first to stuffed chairs on the left? There seems to be light leaking out of them.
  • In the fourth picture of the first set, the couple making out just right of center cast no shadow. The blue-bloused woman left of center casts a shadow that is, inexplicably, darker in parts that overlap the shadow of the nearby chaisse, as though multi-shadows of a single light source are incremental.
  • In the fifth picture of the first set, there are a heckuva lot of chaisse candy NOT casting shadows. The BRD (Big Rum Drink) in the foreground seems to be made of a blend of booze and fruit that casts no shadow. Likewise, the couple walking in the center background, transparent to the sunbeams aimed at 'em. But I guess all these vampire-pax come by it honestly, since they are also NOT appearing at all in the reflection off the back glass, which "sees" only a sea of languishing deck furniture.
  • In the second picture of the second set, the man's shadow is missing. Shall we conclude that it is because it is overlapped by the shadow of the table umbrella? If so, why is his skin bathed in so much light, he is having to screen his eyes with his hand. And that poor woman in the background; she casts a shadow off of one of her feet, but not the other. Must be awkward to keep her balance. And are those two women by the bar bowing to say grace before partaking of the booze the barkeep is mixing for them? Well, um, okay; "For what we are about to imbibe, Lord, make us truly grateful."
  • In the last picture of the second set, shadows seem to be going in all sorts of directions, but one must assume that this scene is primarly under only one light source, good ole Sol. Also, the only sensible pictures of Spongebob should show him being keelhauled; anything else is just a waste of good barnacles.

All the above considered, I think this is a pretty darn scary cruise prospect. I'm very attached to my shadow, thank you very much, and I'd hate like heck to put myself in any sort of situation where someone might separate me from it without due process and fair recompense.

InTheCruisingYearsOfLife

Thanks for posting the renderings here. Too difficult to get to them on NCL's site. Guess lots of people are checking things out.

I knew CC buddies would help a girl out.

Awesine? Looks pretty darn scary to me! Look at all the reeeeeally weird passengers:

• In the second picture of the first set, a father walks his daughter along the basketball court, oblivious of the game in progress a few feet away. That's wreckless parenting.
  • In the third picture of the first set, the woman in the colorful dress, center of the shot, casts no shadow. And it might be just me, but she really looks like she's floating a little above the deck, not standing on it in standard bipedal fashion. The bottles on the bar look that way, too, and aren't they just a wee bit bigger than standard wine bottles? (I'm not totally sure about that one. It's still creepy.) Gotta wonder what that ubercreepy guy over on the left is all overly grins about, too; better keep your eye on him. And is there some sort of flashlight behind the seat cushions of those first to stuffed chairs on the left? There seems to be light leaking out of them.
  • In the fourth picture of the first set, the couple making out just right of center cast no shadow. The blue-bloused woman left of center casts a shadow that is, inexplicably, darker in parts that overlap the shadow of the nearby chaisse, as though multi-shadows of a single light source are incremental.
  • In the fifth picture of the first set, there are a heckuva lot of chaisse candy NOT casting shadows. The BRD (Big Rum Drink) in the foreground seems to be made of a blend of booze and fruit that casts no shadow. Likewise, the couple walking in the center background, transparent to the sunbeams aimed at 'em. But I guess all these vampire-pax come by it honestly, since they are also NOT appearing at all in the reflection off the back glass, which "sees" only a sea of languishing deck furniture.
  • In the second picture of the second set, the man's shadow is missing. Shall we conclude that it is because it is overlapped by the shadow of the table umbrella? If so, why is his skin bathed in so much light, he is having to screen his eyes with his hand. And that poor woman in the background; she casts a shadow off of one of her feet, but not the other. Must be awkward to keep her balance. And are those two women by the bar bowing to say grace before partaking of the booze the barkeep is mixing for them? Well, um, okay; "For what we are about to imbibe, Lord, make us truly grateful."
  • In the last picture of the second set, shadows seem to be going in all sorts of directions, but one must assume that this scene is primarly under only one light source, good ole Sol. Also, the only sensible pictures of Spongebob should show him being keelhauled; anything else is just a waste of good barnacles.

All the above considered, I think this is a pretty darn scary cruise prospect. I'm very attached to my shadow, thank you very much, and I'd hate like heck to put myself in any sort of situation where someone might separate me from it without due process and fair recompense.

InTheCruisingYearsOfLife

LOL I was just thinking that those artists impressions showed lots of young slim things but no overweight people in inappropriate bathing suits that are on most cruise ships!

reminds me of a newspaper article from a few years ago where a mayor of a South of France town decreed only attractive people should be allowed on the beaches!

LOL I was just thinking that those artists impressions showed lots of ....

Waaaaaait a minute. Artists impressions?!

Oh!, now I get it. So it's not just a shipload of Peter Pans then? (Recall that Mr. Pan was likewise shadowly-challenged.)

Still, what self-respecting artist -- even industrial artist -- would stoop to drawing Spongebob into anything?

Waaaaaait a minute. Artists impressions?!

Oh!, now I get it. So it's not just a shipload of Peter Pans then? (Recall that Mr. Pan was likewise shadowly-challenged.)

Still, what self-respecting artist -- even industrial artist -- would stoop to drawing Spongebob into anything?

oh if we are ever on the same sailing I'm sure we'll get on famously!

I do like the renderings, at least they give a sense of what the Breakaway may be like. I tried to get a idea of cabin size and layout, especially for the aft and forward facing penthouse suites, and nothing makes much sense. Most don't have floorplans, just renderings. The new deckplans today are certainly incomplete, for instance, I can't tell how passengers access the Haven, and I clicked on a an aft corner cabin, and a forward facing penthouse came up. Having booked the Epic before she was completed, there is a certain leap of faith one makes in booking a suite that doesn't exist yet, and the Breakaway is a work in progress. Today was again, just a taste for what she'll eventually be. So far, so good.:)

Agreed ,it's going to be a beautiful new ship,and a plus to be based in NYC,but boy is it EXPENSIVE!

Leaving on the Gem in a month and a similar cabin on Breakaway is more than DOUBLE the cost.

I don't think they're going to attract many 20 somethings as depicted with the current pricing structure.

Maybe as it nears completion price will adjust?

One can hope....

I'm a little dissapointed the Spice H20 area doesn't have a "real" pool. Ernie

No real pool, but there is the waterfall for cooling off. There isn't any water element in this area on the EPIC, is there? And notice you can see the ocean from everywhere. I think they made the giant video wall a little smaller, too.

I'll say it again: she's a sexy, sexy girl.

oh if we are ever on the same sailing I'm sure we'll get on famously!

Alright by me, Fab. See you on the Norwegian Asterisk for its February 16th sailing of the Panama Flume. Bring your own shadow.

... I tried to get a idea of cabin size and layout, especially for the aft and forward facing penthouse suites, and nothing makes much sense. ...

Expect the stateroom showers and tubs to be practically non-existent. What other reason would there be for this big ole community sponge:

1024x768-nclBrkwyKidsPool.jpg

InTheCruisingYearsOfLife

InTheCruisingYearsOfLife

You do know these are not real photos, right?

No real pool, but there is the waterfall for cooling off. There isn't any water element in this area on the EPIC, is there? And notice you can see the ocean from everywhere. I think they made the giant video wall a little smaller, too.

I'll say it again: she's a sexy, sexy girl.

In spice on EPIC, there is the small pool which converts to dancing floor and the 2 jacussis.

Looks like in general, less Jacussi's but larger pool on Breakaway? The water slides look ace!! I find they tend to be pretty childless in the evenings, and if demand is there will open them later.

I can't afford Breakaway next year, its at least £300 more than some of the EPIC 7 day, so looks like EPIC for me next year (again).

Archived