The other side of the Freedom/tobacco story

It took me a long time to come back to RCCL (after originally cruising on LOS several years ago). My first experience wasn't the best cruise I had been on, wasn't the worst, either. It was.....ummmm....mediocre. I'm leaving on the Allure in a couple of weeks. It's my hope that this stiff, rigid attitude has changed.

Best of luck to the OP. I'm hoping RCCL does right by you.

I'm sure you will quite like the Allure. She is a wonderful ship. Sadly I doubt you will find any change in the attitude of many of the customer service personnel.

And what policy exactly did the people in question break?
That question has been answered over and over,explained in as clear a language as possible,by many different posters so you don't need to take one persons logic.Go back and read, they are not hard to find.:p

. . .

You would have to be a complete naive fool to think the guest did nothing wrong, meant no harm, was innocent of anything but bad judment, etc. I suppose you would also feel the same about someone who walks into a convenience store with a ski mask on and a gun drawn. Gee, until they point it in the cashier's face and demand money, they really haven't done anything wrong have they?

In most jurisdictions entering a public place with a gun in hand is illegal. Wearing a ski mask is not, nor is wearing a burka.

Thank you I wanted to post to that idiotic statement as well but thought better of it since I may have said worse.

Excuse me .. that idiotic statement was based on statements from qualified posters that work in the Coast Guard and other law enforcement agencies that see this type of activity all the time. I think they are qualified to at least say that based on years of experience .. in there expert opinion .. this explanation was a good possibility :eek:

Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!! You have nothing but YOUR opinion here and a bunch of speculation which is ALL this whole thread is. Stop posting your drivel as if its the gospel BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS NOR HIS INTENT. NO ONE HERE DOES!!!!! You have NO IDEA what the intent of the husband was unless you know the man personally. Something tells me you do not.

I would think this is borderline libel. Speaking of irresponsible. Go look in the mirror!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Amazing. After all of these posts, and you still don't get it. I, nor the captain have to KNOW his intent. If he acts in a way that has every indication of smuggling drugs based on many years of knowledge and experience, guess what? THAT IS GOOD ENOUGH. End of story.

Look you can stick your head in the sand all day and pretend the guy made an innocent mistake. And you are naive (to be kind) in doing so. The guy did everything for a test run, right down to putting the can in his "dive bag". Not his suitcase that would stay on board during the cruise. Not his toiletries bad that would stay on board. No, it just happened to be in his "dive bag", the one he would be taking with him off and back on the ship in the ports of call.

It's all just a string of odd coincidences, right? ROFL

Wow, it's amazing how gullible some people are. The captain of the FOS ain't one of 'em.

If you are in a liquor store and someone runs in with a ski mask and gun in his hand, I'm sure you would suspect nothing wrong with that picture, even though 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of the time that happens an armed robbery is about to begin. But since you aren't a mind reader and don't "know" what he's up to, just go about your own business and ignore the mayhem about to ensue. :rolleyes:

That question has been answered over and over,explained in as clear a language as possible,by many different posters so you don't need to take one persons logic.Go back and read, they are not hard to find.:p

Really? I've been following the thread (and the one before it) and have yet to see anyone post anything quoting a regulation or contract clause these people broke.

No one is denying the Captain an ultimate right to deny boarding to anyone for any reason. I do however question the cruise line's right to keep money for a passage they have denied. Especially since the people denied passage broke not a single regulation.

Breaking News...

Cap'n Horatio just kicked his good friend C.B. off the S.S. Guppy.

Apparently the berries tested positive for the banned substance "red dye #5".

Jean Lafoote would neither confirm or deny the report.

Excuse me .. that idiotic statement was based on statements from qualified posters that work in the Coast Guard and other law enforcement agencies that see this type of activity all the time. I think they are qualified to at least say that based on years of experience .. in there expert opinion .. this explanation was a good possibility :eek:

One such qualified poster already hinted to us what was actually believed to have been found but couldn't be tested for conclusively. I take his word for it given his contacts and ability to find out from a source on scene. I'm pretty sure you picked up on it as well. ;)

edit: actually it was another poster on here that mentioned they got it...but you might have.

In most jurisdictions entering a public place with a gun in hand is illegal. Wearing a ski mask is not, nor is wearing a burka.

Ok, ski mask on, gun in waistband. Better? I'm sure you'd feel much more safe if that were the case. But, hey, since he has committed a crime yet we can't presume what he might do or act in any way that might presume what he's about to do, should we? :rolleyes:

Really? I've been following the thread (and the one before it) and have yet to see anyone post anything quoting a regulation or contract clause these people broke.

No one is denying the Captain an ultimate right to deny boarding to anyone for any reason. I do however question the cruise line's right to keep money for a passage they have denied. Especially since the people denied passage broke not a single regulation.

"Suspicious Activity" .. and I think this qualified .. Captain was well within his rights.

Amazing. After all of these posts, and you still don't get it. I, nor the captain have to KNOW his intent. If he acts in a way that has every indication of smuggling drugs based on many years of knowledge and experience, guess what? THAT IS GOOD ENOUGH. End of story.

Look you can stick your head in the sand all day and pretend the guy made an innocent mistake. And you are naive (to be kind) in doing so. The guy did everything for a test run, right down to putting the can in his "dive bag". Not his suitcase that would stay on board during the cruise. Not his toiletries bad that would stay on board. No, it just happened to be in his "dive bag", the one he would be taking with him off and back on the ship in the ports of call.

Wow, it's amazing how gullible some people are. The captain of the FOS ain't one of 'em.

If you are in a liquor store and someone runs in with a ski mask and gun in his hand, I'm sure you would suspect nothing wrong with that picture, even though 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of the time that happens an armed robbery is about to begin. But since you aren't a mind reader and don't "know" what he's up to, just go about your own business and ignore the mayhem about to ensue. :rolleyes:

Go on and wave your RCI Pompoms and keep on spouting your drivel and your libel on this thread. Hopefully you will wake up when you get a call from their attorney asking you to show up in court to answer to charges of libel I which you can be sued for. Not only that but CC could also be held responsible as well because they allowed it to go on. There are cases out there so there so there is certainly a precedent.

Good luck with that and welcome to my ignore list. I have nothing left to say to you other than you might wanna seek legal help.

Bye bye now

Breaking News...

Cap'n Horatio just kicked his good friend C.B. off the S.S. Guppy.

Apparently the berries tested positive for the banned substance "red dye #5".

Jean Lafoote would neither confirm or deny the report.

Sent from my TeePee using Tap a Tom Tom

Mr. and Mrs Evaluator are kicking cancer's butt one cruise at a time on...

rotfl - luv your signature line - g'luck.

Sent from my TeePee using Tap a Tom Tom

Mr. and Mrs Evaluator are kicking cancer's butt one cruise at a time on...

rotfl - luv your signature line - g'luck.

Thanks.

Mrs E has been in the hospital for the last few days...But we are going home in a few hours.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Stop with the ski mask, gun, and store. That is clearly an illegal act and the person would be at best detained, quite likely arrested in most jurisdictions. It is a clear act and in no way similar to the one in this incident.

I am not willing to give the Captain or anyone else the right to peer into my heart & mind, without ever meeting me, and deciding based on the entirely legal contents of my luggage that I will commit an illegal act at some unspecified time in the future.

Besides, the intended at some future time act the people are suspected / accused of thinking about committing is not one that would in any way harm the vessel or any of its crew or passengers.

In fascist and communist states it is quite proper to police based on what people might be thinking.

Thanks.

Mrs E has been in the hospital for the last few days...But we are going home in a few hours.:D:D:D:D

Sheeesh...my wife gives me dirty looks for being on CC while we're sitting on the couch. If she were in the hospital and I was on CC I would end up in ICU! :eek:

But on a serious note I'm glad she gets to go home and everything works out. :)

As you have probably come to see, I don't care what the idiotic statements where based on from members on a board that I don't know. I just know that the statements in and of themselves were idiotic.

FYI I need no lessons in the workings of the Coast Guard! Great! Bad, and Ugly.

Thanks.

Mrs E has been in the hospital for the last few days...But we are going home in a few hours.:D:D:D:D:D:D

My GF is a stage 4 survivor so I understand what you are going thru. Best wishes for you and your wife and congrats on going home again

Just remember if you are cruising from PC dont try to smuggle your wifes PCA meds

Actually - most banks now have rules against wearing sunglasses, hats or ski masks when making transactions. Is it against the law to wear a hat? No, can they refuse to cash your check - yes.

Stop with the ski mask, gun, and store. That is clearly an illegal act and the person would be at best detained, quite likely arrested in most jurisdictions. It is a clear act and in no way similar to the one in this incident.

I am not willing to give the Captain or anyone else the right to peer into my heart & mind, without ever meeting me, and deciding based on the entirely legal contents of my luggage that I will commit an illegal act at some unspecified time in the future.

Besides, the intended at some future time act the people are suspected / accused of thinking about committing is not one that would in any way harm the vessel or any of its crew or passengers.

In fascist and communist states it is quite proper to police based on what people might be thinking.

We don't know the whole story but who is to say the decision wasn't made simply by what was found? What if during questioning the husband intimated the below to the authorities and his willingness to attempt to smuggle illegal-looking substances played a role in their decision:

Because Hookah Herb could be mistaken for marijuana, Robert said he chose to conceal the bag. "Looking back, hiding it might not have been a good idea," he deadpanned.

What another Coastie:rolleyes:

The Coastie OP they are refering to is very well respected even by the Navy:D

It's like talking really loudly to someone that doesn't speak your language....If you say it louder it must makes sense. All the person that you are shouting at thinks is you're nuts. ;)

As you have probably come to see, I don't care what the idiotic statements where based on from members on a board that I don't know. I just know that the statements in and of themselves were idiotic.

Sounds like you may just have an issue with authorities period :rolleyes:

Archived