The other side of the Freedom/tobacco story

So maybe the guy was misguided in his paranoia and made an awkward decision to put his legal tobacco in a hidden compartment of a faux hairspray can.

So what?!?!?

This is America – last time I checked, individuality and poor judgment wasn’t outlawed.

Maybe in your world, he made a stupid decision. Maybe in his world, he did what he thought was the most prudent thing to do at the time ---- whether you like it or not that is his right.

The bottom line is that regardless of whether you agree or disagree with his thought process or whether you question his future intentions, as far as we know he didn’t do anything illegal.

Unless they can prove otherwise, RCI needs to give this family their money back.

The guy did everything he could possibly think of to do a "test run" of getting illegal drugs on the ship. CLASSIC CASE assuming the substance was legal, and according to RC it wasn't even that.

That is beyond irresponsible. The guest demonstrated an ability, willingness, and desire to commit a crime.

Does the captain have to "prove" it? Absolutely not. He's not a judge running a courtroom. He's a captain running a ship. It's his call. Any captain this side of Costa would have not even considered letting those people on board.

Give their money back? Are you kidding? Too late for RC to sell that stateroom to someone else, so some party was going to be out of money. Should that be the company responsible for the behavior and well-being of 3000+ passengers? Or the people who did everything they could possibly think of to act like drug smugglers.

Gee, tough call. :rolleyes:

This thread is so typical on cruise critic.

I swear some of you protect RCI more than you would your spouse.

And if your spouse thought it would be a brilliant idea to pack a smoking substance that looks like pot and might test positive for a controlled substance in an unmarked baggie with a pipe in fake-bottom can of hairspray to try to sneak past security, and instead wasted your $3,000+ vacation...well...lol

Royal should give them their money back!

Of course!!

They did not have Drugs!

They did not have illegal substance!

Saying that it was a test run to running drugs??????

Are you kidding me?

Where do you get off!

Do you know this people to make such idiotic suggestion???

This is Simple!

Royal made a mistake!

They did not test positive for drugs!

Someone must have misunderstood!

3 out of 4 parties involved agree!

Royal is the only one that ever said it was initially positive!!

So admit the error refund the fare paid for a trip they did not provide for no Ilegal action!

It HAS to matter. While the Captain does have the ultimate say in who comes or goes, they have to have some kind of "benchmark" on which to base that discretion. A liberal interpretation of what you are suggesting is that if the Captain doesn't like the "look" of you then you are off the boat.

And that is why you aren't the captain. It takes someone with a little better judgment than that. :rolleyes:

My point is they are being punished (better word than convicted) on what illegal things they might be able to do.

Was is stupid on their part, yes. But it wasn't illegal. And I don't see how it was against RCI's guest conduct policy.

I think they are due a refund... but that's all.

Well, I think it's time that "Stupid" gets punished. I think stupidity is ruining it for the rest of us.

My high school physics teacher has the most memorable quote: Nothing can be made foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

There are too many laws, rules, and regulations enacted to protect stupidity, but stupid people still find a way around them. It's time they take some of the responsibility for being stupid.

The guy did everything he could possibly think of to do a "test run" of getting illegal drugs on the ship. CLASSIC CASE assuming the substance was legal, and according to RC it wasn't even that.

That is beyond irresponsible. The guest demonstrated an ability, willingness, and desire to commit a crime.

Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!! You have nothing but YOUR opinion here and a bunch of speculation which is ALL this whole thread is. Stop posting your drivel as if its the gospel BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS NOR HIS INTENT. NO ONE HERE DOES!!!!! You have NO IDEA what the intent of the husband was unless you know the man personally. Something tells me you do not.

I would think this is borderline libel. Speaking of irresponsible. Go look in the mirror!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think they only had to wait a while and RCI would have refunded their fare. Anyone that has had to deal with receiving a refund from RCI knows it's a slow process and can take months. You really cant blame them the just can't pass out $3000 with out investigating all the facts.

It wouldn't be really "Passing it out", It would be giving back monies that were taken when a service was not rendered. I'd like to know if they re-sold the cabin? Well...not likely so last minute but lets hope someone got an upgrade.

Of course!!

They did not have Drugs!

They did not have illegal substance!

Saying that it was a test run to running drugs??????

Are you kidding me?

Where do you get off!

Do you know this people to make such idiotic suggestion???

This is Simple!

Royal made a mistake!

They did not test positive for drugs!

Someone must have misunderstood!

Royal is the only one that ever said it was initially positive!!

So admit the error refund the fare paid for a trip they did not provide for no Ilegal action!

Thank you I wanted to post to that idiotic statement as well but thought better of it since I may have said worse.

ok so we haven't come to any agreement here yet?

Yes!

I come before you to stand behind you to tell you something I know nothing about. On Thursday, which is Good Friday, there will be a mothers meeting for fathers only. Seats are pleantiful sit on the floor, admission is free pay at the door. The next part of this meeting will be at the four corners of the round table.

Only problem here is that the only party whose opinion matters is Royals. The couple knowingly agreed to RC's contract and still attempted to do something suspicious. As stated numerous times, legality isnt the issue. The fact is the Captain of the ship deemed the situation risky and did not allow them to sail. Contract states that they have the right to do so and in the event this occurs no refund is warranted. Couple agreed, couple got caught, couple got removed from the ship... Couple should not receive a refund per the contract they agreed to.

Yes!

I come before you to stand behind you to tell you something I know nothing about. On Thursday, which is Good Friday, there will be a mothers meeting for fathers only. Seats are pleantiful sit on the floor. The next part of this meeting will be at the four corners of the round table.

As if this thread needed any help getting people's heads spinning.:D

I'd like to know if they re-sold the cabin? Well...not likely so last minute but lets hope someone got an upgrade.

That was the Bingo prize:rolleyes:

OMG 65 pages? :eek: of rehashed from the other clothed thread. Cruise critic please close this. The poor horse is dead already- we will never know the "full story". can we say" the end"

Dang, did I miss the naked thread?:eek: Sorry, I couldn't resist.;):D

Regarding whether the cabin was resold or occupied in some way after they got booted off, you forget this post where she claimed someone else had her cabin too:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33514479#post33514479

Of course, anything she says is highly suspect since she omitted details, claimed there is a $50 reward/bonus for finding things to be confiscated in people's luggage, etc. etc.

OMG 65 pages? :eek: of rehashed from the other clothed thread. Cruise critic please close this. The poor horse is dead already- we will never know the "full story". can we say" the end"

You are quite free to ignore the thread. Why do you wish to control those of us who are following it?

A lot of very funny posts. A big thank you to OP for allowing people to post that RCI

can and should do anything it wants to anyone who does anything stupid or questionable. :rolleyes:

Hope someday RCI repays the favor to you.

What those guests did was NOT your everyday stupid or questionable.

Archived