Penthouse suite snacks

Treacher1

We never thought to actually request anything, we are more the nut/chips type than the sweets/fancy stuff eaters. My DDs did love packing some of the gummy bears to take on the flight home with them.

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

IMG_7445.jpg

IMG_6023.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

On our last cruise, our butler, whom we like very much, brought us a plate of sandwiches that consisted of turkey and fried egg. They looked unappetizing and nobody wanted them. We surreptitiously disposed of them in a remote location, as if they were made by our butler's loving hands and he would be offended to find them in the suite trash. Stupid, I know. Anyway, we got the same snack the next day.

On our last cruise, our butler, whom we like very much, brought us a plate of sandwiches that consisted of turkey and fried egg. They looked unappetizing and nobody wanted them. We surreptitiously disposed of them in a remote location, as if they were made by our butler's loving hands and he would be offended to find them in the suite trash. Stupid, I know. Anyway, we got the same snack the next day.

Yeah that does sound rather bizarre.

I assume your request has to be available on board. For instance you couldn't say you wanted a bowl of Lays or Cheetos everyday?

Right...so what is available on board?....any other candy beside Gummie Bears (I do love those :))

We have always found these so called canapes to be just nasty. I once threw them over board and the fish nor birds touched them/

LOL

I NEVER could figure out what they were...!!!! and will surely tell butler please NO canapes! Anything...BUT no canapes....I like to know what I am eating!

Wonder if they'd bring me one of those birthday/anniversary cakes if I asked? :)

Yes they will...:o I also ordered the "cake" at Le Bistro when we made our 3rd visit there during our repo cruise last month....I was getting a bit tired of the chocolate fondue, and the cake just sounded good.

we never thought to actually request anything, we are more the nut/chips type than the sweets/fancy stuff eaters. My dds did love packing some of the gummy bears to take on the flight home with them.

dsc_0257.jpg

dsc_0251.jpg

dsc_0231.jpg

img_7445.jpg

img_6023.jpg

dsc_0060.jpg

love those pics.....one of each please....:d

On the Star going to Panama Canal we did not get Canapes on one Afternoon and we could hear the Butler at the next Cabin. So when I was in Cagneys for Breakfast the next Morning I told Belkeys our Concierge and we found out that we had the "Do not Disturb" sign on. The very next Afternoon our Butler brought the usual Canape's and a big tray of sandwiches. So we had a tray of Sandwiches every day.:D

So are all these snack items that people are requesting free if you are in a suite? Can you request a small plate of finger sandwiches, cheese and crackers, nuts, etc. on top of the daily snack that they already serve? Or are these items in lieu of the standard daily snack? Someone up-thread requested Pina Coladas...I know that's a pay-for item. What type of snack items are free and what items would be charged to the room? I can imagine that at some point, certain requested food items will require payment (cavier comes to mind)? In other words, what are the boundaries?

I am allergic to shellfish and don't like most other types of fish especially when made into a mousse. We requested chocolate, cookies, anything but fishy stuff but got chocolate only twice. We asked our butler twice to not bring it but kept getting fishy stuff. Hope you have better luck than we did.

Same thing happened to me. I am highly allergic to shellfish as well as seafood and told our butler on the Pearl, do not bring and to please bring something else. Nope -- got stuck with those same seafoody appetizers.

I'm not a fan of the mystery canapés either, but on a happier note, Dilip was kind enough to make sure my girls were kept well stocked with cookies (macademia nut for DD#1 & chocolate chip for DD#2)

Same thing happened to me. I am highly allergic to shellfish as well as seafood and told our butler on the Pearl, do not bring and to please bring something else. Nope -- got stuck with those same seafoody appetizers.

Yes, needless to say since we didn't use the butler for anything else our tip reflected his lack of enthusiasm for getting our snack requests right. He got a tip, just not a very big one.

So are all these snack items that people are requesting free if you are in a suite? Can you request a small plate of finger sandwiches, cheese and crackers, nuts, etc. on top of the daily snack that they already serve? Or are these items in lieu of the standard daily snack? Someone up-thread requested Pina Coladas...I know that's a pay-for item. What type of snack items are free and what items would be charged to the room? I can imagine that at some point, certain requested food items will require payment (cavier comes to mind)? In other words, what are the boundaries?

We had a Aft penthouse on the Star a couple weeks ago, the Repo... and I called our butler and told him we were having about 12-20 people coming for a little party, could he bring up some snacks.. So he brought chicken wings, chips with salsa, cheese and crackers, and also a plate full of little appitizers... asked if we needed any mixers.. never charged... just part of the perk for a suite...:D

We had a Aft penthouse on the Star a couple weeks ago, the Repo... and I called our butler and told him we were having about 12-20 people coming for a little party, could he bring up some snacks.. So he brought chicken wings, chips with salsa, cheese and crackers, and also a plate full of little appitizers... asked if we needed any mixers.. never charged... just part of the perk for a suite...:D

Sounds like My Kinda Party....:D

Yes they will...:o I also ordered the "cake" at Le Bistro when we made our 3rd visit there during our repo cruise last month....I was getting a bit tired of the chocolate fondue, and the cake just sounded good.

ooo.....then I'm requesting one of these every night in addition to whatever else he's bringing. When we went on our honeymoon, we ended up with a cake every night of the cruise between her birthday, my birthday, our wedding, the honeymoon package, and the cruise director's staff. :D

That was a fun party....but you ended up with more than 20 people...:D...and you still had snacks and booze left over. :)

That was a fun party....but you ended up with more than 20 people...:D...and you still had snacks and booze left over. :)

That had to be a tight sqeeze in there. The aft penthouses are nicely sized but 20+ people? :eek:

When we had the Pina coladas we were in the Garden Villa and it included bottles of alcohol and they gave us the mixers, not sure if they would do that in a regular suite if you bought alcohol.

LOL

I NEVER could figure out what they were...!!!! and will surely tell butler please NO canapes! Anything...BUT no canapes....I like to know what I am eating!

If you are on the POA, they are probably made with SPAM, the "Official Meat of the State of Hawaii". :rolleyes:

If you are on the POA, they are probably made with SPAM, the "Official Meat of the State of Hawaii". :rolleyes:

We got these on the POA as part of the honeymoon package. We left most of them. Maybe touched one.....

• 3 weeks later...
We never thought to actually request anything, we are more the nut/chips type than the sweets/fancy stuff eaters. My DDs did love packing some of the gummy bears to take on the flight home with them.

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

IMG_7445.jpg

IMG_6023.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

I liked everything except those nasty canapes... GROSS... On our first cruise in 2009 on the Pearl in a penthouse suite, we got to pick what we wanted for the afternoon snack the following day. We had Choc covered strawberries just about everyday. The following year they stopped it and started with those gross canapes.

I liked everything except those nasty canapes... GROSS... On our first cruise in 2009 on the Pearl in a penthouse suite, we got to pick what we wanted for the afternoon snack the following day. We had Choc covered strawberries just about everyday. The following year they stopped it and started with those gross canapes.

You can just ask your butler to bring you whatever you want -- you don't have to get those "gross" canapes if you don't want them!

Archived