Got an Upgrade Offer..Help!

For my cruise on May 19th (Westerdam) I originally booked a VH guarentee and got assigned VA 7106 which I was extremely happy with. But now they are offering an upgrade to an SS-SZ cabin for $99/pp more or SA-SC cabin for $199/pp more. Are these good deals? I would love to upgrade to a suite but are there any bad suites? Or should I just stay with my VA?

This is my first cruise ever so completely clueless.

Thanks for any help.

CP

Yes, they are good deals.

Why not go to the HAL site and price what those cabins cost and figure out how much you would be saving. You probably will find those are good prices. Of course, only you know if that amount extra money is worth it to you.

Congratulations.

[/b]

I called and all are gone! :(

I just got the email last night before 7pm so I guess the offers were taken all within the hour this morning???

Either way I'm still very happy with my cabin assignment so no major let down.

Thanks for all the replies! :)

What are the benefits going from a VA category like they had to the SZ? Are there any additional perks? Just wondering.

bigger cabin and double cruise points towards manier status, suite is real nice and just about 100 sq ft smaller than full suite

The SA has all the perks available to my knowledge. That was a great price for the upsell from a VA cabin.

This morning I got a call from HAL asking if I would be interested in an upgrade to the PH from my SA suite. The only difference I can see in the two is obviously the PH has more room but the perks are exactly the same. The price for the upgrade was $1000.00 more pp. To me it definitely wasn't worth it for just the additional space. I imagine they will send out emails to all trying to find a taker.

Now if I was in a regular cabin and was offerred that it would make sense because a regular cabin was around $849 pp and for another $1000 you would hve the penthouse for $1849 pp, a great deal. The SA however was $2000 to begin with so adding the upsell charge would not be worth it.

Any comments?

The SA has all the perks available to my knowledge. That was a great price for the upsell from a VA cabin.

This morning I got a call from HAL asking if I would be interested in an upgrade to the PH from my SA suite. The only difference I can see in the two is obviously the PH has more room but the perks are exactly the same. The price for the upgrade was $1000.00 more pp. To me it definitely wasn't worth it for just the additional space. I imagine they will send out emails to all trying to find a taker.

Now if I was in a regular cabin and was offerred that it would make sense because a regular cabin was around $849 pp and for another $1000 you would hve the penthouse for $1849 pp, a great deal. The SA however was $2000 to begin with so adding the upsell charge would not be worth it.

Any comments?

I agree we were offered a suite for 500 a person or penthouse for 1700 a person extra, took the suite, Veenedam only has one catagory of full suite, still would love to do penthouse one of these years

bigger cabin and double cruise points towards manier status, suite is real nice and just about 100 sq ft smaller than full suite
In an upsell situation like this, one would most likely not get the Suite Bonus. Published fare is the operative phrase here. I don't believe an upsell is a published fare.

From the HAL site:

Suite Bonus When you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise you’ll not only enjoy special amenities, but you’ll also qualify for double cruise day credits. For example, a guest who pays published fare for suite accommodations for a 10-day cruise earns 20 cruise day credits.

In an upsell situation like this, one would most likely not get the Suite Bonus. Published fare is the operative phrase here. I don't believe an upsell is a published fare.

From the HAL site:

That's what I thought too, but on our recent Veendam cruise I took the upsell offer to the Deluxe Varahda and did get the bonus days added to my account. Go figure.

Yes, they are good deals.

Why not go to the HAL site and price what those cabins cost and figure out how much you would be saving. You probably will find those are good prices. Of course, only you know if that amount extra money is worth it to you.

Congratulations.

[/b]

For that sailing, the HAL site doesnt list the price for those cabins right now...Just a call for availability and pricing notice. The only cabins they still have priced on that sailing is the interior staterooms.

I just got the email last night before 7pm so I guess the offers were taken all within the hour this morning???

I just saw this and was so afraid of that happening. :eek: My thoughts (for what they are worth) be prepared in case you you get an upsell offer and be prepared to say yes or no - he who hesitates is lost. A $199 offer for a deluxe veranda suite is truly a steal. And well worth the money IMO;)

I just saw this and was so afraid of that happening. :eek: My thoughts (for what they are worth) be prepared in case you you get an upsell offer and be prepared to say yes or no - he who hesitates is lost. A $199 offer for a deluxe veranda suite is truly a steal. And well worth the money IMO;)

Yes it is a great deal! But an extra $1000 pp for an upsell from VA to PH..,..not so great. I think the published price for the SA was around $2300 and the VH was around $899, so for what amounts to $1099 you are getting quite a deal. Something like more than a 50% discount off the published price. To add $1000 to the $2300 of the SA you would be paying $3300 for the PH which is not nearly as good a deal.

Put it this way, for $199 more you can't go wrong....for $1000 you can book another 7 day cruise in a guarantee veranda!

Sorry that you missed out on one of the upsells.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sorry you called too late.

Hope you have a great cruise anyway.

That's what I thought too' date=' but on our recent Veendam cruise I took the upsell offer to the Deluxe Varahda and[i'] did[/i] get the bonus days added to my account. Go figure.

My understanding is you get the double bonus days if the cabin you paid for initially (before the upsell or upgrade) was one which earned double days. Any cabin that has the word 'suite' in the name of the cabin earns bonus days.

If you upgrade or upsell from a cabin in which you would not get bonus days, you don't get them in the higher level cabin.

Hi. I'm a little confused on how the "Upsell" process works and I'm hoping that you nice people can help.

We booked our first cruise on HAL through our travel agent as a CAT BB GTY on the Veendam sailing May 27. We haven't been assigned a cabin yet. Do cabin assignments come before any possible Upsell offers? Will HAL contact me directly (either by phone or e-mail), or do they contact my TA? Should I let my TA know I'm interested in an Upsell offer?

Thank you for your advice. Regards, -S.

Hi. I'm a little confused on how the "Upsell" process works and I'm hoping that you nice people can help.

We booked our first cruise on HAL through our travel agent as a CAT BB GTY on the Veendam sailing May 27. We haven't been assigned a cabin yet. Do cabin assignments come before any possible Upsell offers? Will HAL contact me directly (either by phone or e-mail), or do they contact my TA? Should I let my TA know I'm interested in an Upsell offer?

Thank you for your advice. Regards, -S.

my cruise last year I had a cabin ## then got the upsell offer, this year I was still waiting on cabin ## when I got the upsell, yes tell your TA you are interested, I booked with HAL so there was no middle man, must act quick.

Archived