"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas- Bermuda / May 11, 2012

Hi Radio. Always love your "live" postings.

Couple of questions.

Where do you meet the pre-arranged taxi tours?

Will you be posting the cruise compass. I think this is the first year of 6 nighters so I would really love to see one.

Thanks for doing all you do!

As you walk off the ship, you'll see all the blue-flag taxis lined up at the curb. You can't miss them.

This one one of the views on the way to Flatts Villiage

D52.JPG

Hey Radio, that is John Smiths Bay Beach. My sister in law used to live in Bermuda and we could walk to this beach from their home. Great snorkelling out by the rocks on the right hand side. Looks like you are having a great trip. Thanks for the photos!!

Wow thanks for the nice comments. . .Your post won "Best" reply of the Day ! :)

Thanks for tuning in ! I had a bad connection earlier this morning. . .

Radio

;);)

Thank you. Please don't feel the need to explain, after all you are on vacation :)

Scooter parking is right next to the ships. . .

D3.JPG

Did they get rid of the scooter parking that was right next to the ship? When I was there last, I parked my scooter alongside the ship!

This lot is a longer walk!

Theron

Hello everyone. . .Welcome to Day 5 of “LIVE” from Enchantment of the Seas !

The weather forecast for today is the same as yesterday with bright sun and mild temps (75F). I have to take my scooter back this morning before 10AM, and I will try to look around at some of the vendors today to see about a few gifts. I must go over to Phoenix Pharmacy for a local paper, and some coffee before we leave today.

There are still excursions planned for many passengers, but they must get back early because Enchantment of the seas leaves Kings Wharf today at 12 Noon. Holland America Lines, Veendam arrives today in Hamilton for 3 Nights today, while Celebrity Summit and Norwegian Star arrives tomorrow arrives tomorrow for 2 Nights.

I am not happy that we have to leave today at Noon, but I guess I will have to plan another cruise to Bermuda. I really loved the couple times I was here for 3 Nights with NCL. I will try to see what the itineraries are for 2013.

Here are a few more pics from yesterday. . .More pics later after we sail away !

Radio

We made it up to the Cliffs at Horseshoe Bay Beach

D29.JPG

The beaches at Elbow Beach Resort were very clean

D48.JPG

Mickey’s Bistro on the Beach at Elbow Beach Resort

D49.JPG

Snorkel Park Beach as viewed form the Maritime Museum

D79.JPG

A view of the Commissioners’ House at the Maritime Museum

D75.JPG

Norwegian Dawn and Enchantment of the Seas

D77.JPG

Radio....you and MedicKen must have really climbed to great heights to take these gorgeous photos.....

I would love to rent a scooter and see more of Bermuda...HOWEVER..... 1) I prefer to NOT travel home in a cast and 2) this wrong side of the road stuff makes me nuts....

That said...this has been a wonderful cruise.....though waaay too short. Guess I shall just have to book another.....Hmm..wonder if Thursday's voyage is sold out??:confused::eek::D

Radio, I just love all your pics!! I think I am stalking you becuase I check your thread ( I am also subscribed to it :P ) and i check it everyday because I just love your LIVE posts!! I was following you on your 12 night Silhouette sailing 3/29 and I WILL be following you on your Novemeber Journey too as well as all the sailings you go on. I just love following you and you make me look forward to my cruise more and more when I see you post!! THANK YOU SO MUCH RADIO!!!! :) YOUR THE BEST!!!!

Hello,

Does the free Trolley come up close to the ship or do you have to walk away from the ship area to catch the Trolley? Do you know if the trolley takes you all over the Dockyard area? (ie., the Snokle Park beach) Could you tell how often the Trolley runs?

Thanks.

Radio -thank you so much for taking the time to do this. Your posts and pictures are more informative and entertaining than anything the Travel Channel has to offer!

DH and I are going to Bermuda next year although we have trips planned before this one - this is the one we are really looking forward to.

Radio,

Thanks so much for the review and wonderful photos! I agree with you, it stinks that you have to leave Bermuda so early today. That's the one thing I don't like about this itinerary. Did you even have 2 full days there? Thanks again for taking the time and posting these gorgeous photos!!! Having been to Bermuda, it really does look like that!!

Meg, I totallly agree with you........I would not get on one of those scooters either!!!

Patty

Radio, The Flatts and the Aquarium is certainly one of the highlights of any visit we do to Bermuda. I find it to be a very calming spot just across from the Aquarium almost the same view in your photo. I love it so much I commissioned a painting by an artist friend that hangs in my dining room. You can see it on her site as well.

http://www.artwanted.com/imageview.cfm?ID=791058

I use it in morning over coffee to stay calm on days of stress :)

George in NY

9sy10.jpg.4471151e8e343c2e6f30bcf3ec64a2e2.jpg

Your camera picked up the water colors magnificently. I have to find that lagoon. When I was a teenager I worked as a "mother's helper" one summer and got to spend a month in a house overlooking Hamilton harbor on Somerset. The water constantly changed color depending on the its depth and the angle of the sun - the turquoise colored variations were wonderful to watch.

Radio, I just love all your pics!! I think I am stalking you becuase I check your thread ( I am also subscribed to it :P ) and i check it everyday because I just love your LIVE posts!! I was following you on your 12 night Silhouette sailing 3/29 and I WILL be following you on your Novemeber Journey too as well as all the sailings you go on. I just love following you and you make me look forward to my cruise more and more when I see you post!! THANK YOU SO MUCH RADIO!!!! :) YOUR THE BEST!!!!

I think Cruisenlove just summarized many of your loyal followers sentiments! :)

Thank you. So beautiful are the pictures. A year ago we had one day in Bermuda on the Caribbean Princess! We visited the Maritime Museum as well. My husband wanted to return for a longer stay. I booked the Ex for a 7 day this sept! Thank you so much for all the info and pictures!!

Meg, i'm with you!!!! No scooters for me! :eek:

I'm glad ya'll are having a good trip. Enjoy the remainder of your time on board.

When you are docking at Cruise MD, i'll be landing at Heathrow! Wish I were sailing across the pond rather than flying!:( But at least i'm going and it will be wonderful to see my family!:)

Bon Voyage!!!!!

Cheryl

While in Bermuda, some people rent scooters, and it has been said it is not the wisest means of transportation. Does anyone ever rent cars? I have been reading on the Ports of call for Bermuda and don't see where anyone rents cars. Most talk about the scooters is how unsafe they are and all the accidents happening with all the traffic. :eek: We are going on Explorer 10/28/12, and I have thought about renting a car. I have driven several times in Grand Cayman, on the other side of the road. Any input on renting a car?

Great pictures Radio! I can't wait to see all the others once you get home and post them all! Thank you again for all the time you put into your "LIVE" reports! Love the blue colors of water they have, and the pink sand in Bermuda! :D

While in Bermuda, some people rent scooters, and it has been said it is not the wisest means of transportation. Does anyone ever rent cars? I have been reading on the Ports of call for Bermuda and don't see where anyone rents cars. Most talk about the scooters is how unsafe they are and all the accidents happening with all the traffic. :eek: We are going on Explorer 10/28/12, and I have thought about renting a car. I have driven several times in Grand Cayman, on the other side of the road. Any input on renting a car?

Great pictures Radio! I can't wait to see all the others once you get home and post them all! Thank you again for all the time you put into your "LIVE" reports! Love the blue colors of water they have, and the pink sand in Bermuda! :D

Quite simple: tourists are not allowed to rent a car in Bermuda. There is simply not enough room on the roads for them. Families are restricted to one car each, unless a profession requires more (such as a doctor or a police officer, etc.)

Theron

Hello,

Does the free Trolley come up close to the ship or do you have to walk away from the ship area to catch the Trolley? Do you know if the trolley takes you all over the Dockyard area? (ie., the Snokle Park beach) Could you tell how often the Trolley runs?

Thanks.

yes it stops just across the driveway from the pier and takes you around the dockyard...you can get dropped off very close to snorkel park...just a short walk..

Sorry if i missed but the Local Wi-Fi at the pier....did you get? if so $$$ and any info thanks! we run a company back in the states and need to know we can get out.

Lou

you can buy a card at the kiosk in the dockyard or use a credit card...it is $10 for 1 day and $15 for 72 hours.....you MIGHT get a connection from the ship...several of the CCers on the ship tried with various levels of success ( i got a weak signal for a short time, wally gator used it successfully...radio could not connect from the ship to dockyard wifi...

Regarding Elbow Beach- the pictures are beautiful...how do you get into the resort or is that a public beach area of Elbow Beach? Would love to visit but imagine that they do not do any type of day pass.

Thanks again Radio for all the time you invest on your posts. Your photos are AMAZINGLY beautiful! Sorry if this question was asked already, but is the beach at Elbow Resort for guests of the resort only? My guess is yes, since it looked so empty. Beautiful beach! I am planning to go to Horseshoe Bay, but wouldn't mind a less crowded beach if it weren't too far in terms of travel time. Also, how much are scooter rentals? Thanks so much again! :)

Archived