hamburgers for breakfast

Megalodon

Anyone else ever wish that cruise ships served non-breakfast food 24/7? Sometimes I don't want breakfast food in the morning!! I wish i could wake up and grab a hamburger, pizza, a bowl of noodle soup or even a sandwich. You'd think you could probably get that kind of food from room service 24/7, but I called for soup and sandwich at 6 a.m. one morning and was offered fresh croissants, but no soup and sandwiches were available. The croissants were delish, but not what i was looking for.

Conversely, sometimes there's nothing i'd like better than a waffle with all the fixin's at midnight.

Anyone else ever wish that cruise ships served non-breakfast food 24/7? Sometimes I don't want breakfast food in the morning!! I wish i could wake up and grab a hamburger, pizza, a bowl of noodle soup or even a sandwich. You'd think you could probably get that kind of food from room service 24/7, but I called for soup and sandwich at 6 a.m. one morning and was offered fresh croissants, but no soup and sandwiches were available. The croissants were delish, but not what i was looking for.

Conversely, sometimes there's nothing i'd like better than a waffle with all the fixin's at midnight.

Meats and cheeses are typically served on the morning buffet as they items often preferred by European cruisers as breakfast items. Rolls and various breads are also included in the morning buffet so you could make a sandwich if you so desired.

I love breakfast items and when I'm on holiday I always have typical breafast food.

However, when at home, I can never be bothered to make breakfast and find it much easier to warm up a burger or a bowl of spaghetti from the night before, or have crackers & cheese.

Interesting. I used to work night shift, and life and sleeping patterns don't just change immediately when you go on holiday. It would be normal for me to want a curry or something at 7 in the morning, or toast and beans at 5 or 6pm.

I can imagine food requirements on a cruise not being suitable to night workers.

I have made my own sandwiches in the morning out of the cold cuts and cheeses. Unfortunately they are missing the very American fixin's that i would like on my sandwich like mayo or lettuce. Although, trust me, i have an affinity for European/Scandanavian open-faced sandwiches - those sandwiches rock. Anyone else addicted to Kavli cheese - the ham flavored one is my favorite.

I also discovered the rice and yakisoba noodles on Caribbean Princess that they had out for breakfast on my last cruise. I assume for the Asian passengers. I appreciated that variety!

anyway, I guess I'm just saying it would be nice to be able to find more non-breakfast food available in the morning. But i'm not complaining. Trust me, i can always find decent food on a cruise. :D

I think on NCL in the 24-hr Blue Lagoon they have the same food all the time.

In the buffet they have breakfast sausages and patties. Not exactly a hamburger, but a substitute to hold you over till lunch.

I loved the Indian breakfast items on Royal Caribbean. I think there was a rice porridge called 'pongal' and a semolina wheat dish called 'udma'. Also liked the miso soup.

On a Crystal Cruise lines cruise I was served a supurb cod fish dish that I found on the MDR breakfast menu. Excellent and not overly rich or covered with sauce. I wouldn't call it typical breakfast food, but it was a pleasure to eat.

Have never had a hamburger, sandwich, soup or such items for breakfast in my life -- and don't want it either.

Hamburgers for breakfast? Now that is weird!! I much prefer a hot fudge sunday for breakfast, a banana split for lunch, and a chocolate lava cake and creme brulee for dinner. I watch my weight so I rarely eat dessert after my meals. :D

Miso soup is a traditional Japanese breakfast item. I was disappointed that there wasn't more smoked fish, kippers and the like, instead of just lox all the time.

And....who doesn't have bacon & eggs, or pancakes for dinner once in awhile?

Just b/c foods are not traditionally eaten for a certain meal doesn't make it wierd to eat them at different times imo.

Think outside the box! :D

And....who doesn't have bacon & eggs, or pancakes for dinner once in awhile?

Just b/c foods are not traditionally eaten for a certain meal doesn't make it wierd to eat them at different times imo.

Think outside the box! :D

I love "breakfast for dinner". As there's just me, I can whip up bacon (or ham) and eggs a lot easier than fixing "dinner". I certainly have been known to have cold leftover pizza for breakfast.

II certainly have been known to have cold leftover pizza for breakfast.

OMG, all the time!

Chinese is good for breakfast and I don't even mind eating it cold!

Okay...I am weird! :(

Archived