Looking for good hotel for Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise stay

kelbre

Preferrably one close to the cruise port, and preferably one that offers a free breakfast. We have previously stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th street, which we love, so close to stuff, great buffet breakfast!!! Hubby just maybe wants to try somewhere else possibly, although I really don't want to. We had a quote on a very fancy hotel right across from the beach but very swanky and not sure how close would be to the port and we'd have no car. but it's menu looked very fancy and we are sooooo not fancy people, lol!!!!

I'm trying to book our air miles flights in with a hotel for the two nights pre-cruise and of course the tour operator won't use the Embassy.

Anyway, some suggestions would be great!!!

Thanks!

Kathy

We have stayed a number of time at the Renaissance which is just down the street at 17th and Eisenhower which is just outside of the gates to Port Everglades. You can still walk over to Ports of Call to pick up those last minute items, Walgreen's is across the street and Bravo's Ristoranti and the Bimini Boat Yard are across the street. The rooms are large and very quiet.

Last cruise out of ft lauderdale we stayed at the days inn on north 29th ave in hollywood. they had a free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port as well as free breakfast. Was definitely convenient for us!

Hi, gosh you've been here for over 4 years now - you know we have a Florida board, right? :) It is practically dedicated to Fort Lauderdale and Miami hotels. You don't even have to start a new thread - just glance at the titles of the threads or use the "Search this Forum" function on the right hand side (it does work, and works great).

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Hi, gosh you've been here for over 4 years now - you know we have a Florida board, right? :) It is practically dedicated to Fort Lauderdale and Miami hotels. You don't even have to start a new thread - just glance at the titles of the threads or use the "Search this Forum" function on the right hand side (it does work, and works great).

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I second the recommendation.

Each day on the Florida Board there are lots of recommendations for hotels with the vast majority being in Fort Lauderdale and Miami. It's a great source of information.

Keith

We have stayed a number of time at the Renaissance which is just down the street at 17th and Eisenhower which is just outside of the gates to Port Everglades. You can still walk over to Ports of Call to pick up those last minute items, Walgreen's is across the street and Bravo's Ristoranti and the Bimini Boat Yard are across the street. The rooms are large and very quiet.

A group from our Roll Call will be staying there in January

I have my 3rd pre-cruise stay booked at Embassy Suites. I've stayed at 2 other places, but the ES is great, especially for someone without a rental car.

Roz

We always stay at Hyatt Pier 66 which is on 17th Street Causeway just the other side of the bridge and immediately across from Port Everglades.

We've been staying in that hotel for 20 years and always enjoy our stays.

Breakfast is not included but they have a few options and the prices aren't ridiculously costly IMO

This hotel has beautiful grounds to walk and great pool. A wondeful marina to go see incredible yachts, very good restaurant on the grounds.

We used to rent a car but stopped a while ago.

When we are at that hotel, we take a taxi if we are dining off property, want to shop etc and works out fine.

Kathy's husband - STAY where your wife wants to stay. Don't mess with what has worked before. 7 days is a long time to have to listen to "I told you so!"

Get that crazy idea out of your head that as the husband, you are entitled to make decisions. Trust me on this... 39th anniversary is on the horizon. We cut a deal when we were first married that she'd make all the minor decisions and I'd make alll the major ones. So far, there haven't BEEN any major ones (or so she tells me).

So.. at risk of repeating myself........ LISTEN to your wife. Embassy Suites it is.

Thanks everyone!!! Lol, michmike, I will show this to hubby!!!

I seriously did not realize there is a florida board, lol!! I will have to go check that out!!!

Wish me luck!!!

kathy

Archived