Drink Package

RichJan

Additionally for the OP, you can buy it online or at the beginning of the cruise and it has to be purchased for the entire remainder of the cruise. You don't buy a couple of days worth. They are available for purchase on the first several days of the cruise; so if you buy it day 1 or day 4 you MUST buy it for the remainder of the cruise.

I HAVE ALWAYS PURCHASES THE PREMIUM ALCOHOL package, its the best.

However I will be on some medication on the cruise and will not be able to drink that much.

I am going to opt for the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package, question it says includes coffee.

Does that mean any coffee drink without alcohol that you can get in the cafe Baccio?

Thanks

No apparently not all coffee drinks are in the lower priced package, just espresso, latte, and cappuccino. If you want flavoring and whipped cream, that would come under the higher priced non-alcoholic package, as we now understand it.

No apparently not all coffee drinks are in the lower priced package, just espresso, latte, and cappuccino. If you want flavoring and whipped cream, that would come under the higher priced non-alcoholic package, as we now understand it.

Where did that come from? someone who recently returned said they made their way through the entire coffee menu on the Classic Non-Alcoholic package.

Hi,

We have been reading all the helpful advice concerning the drink package.

When we buy our drink package which will be the Premium beverage package,which shows we are entitled to any drinks hot or cold.

So say for instance if i have some money left over on my card for that particular day, can i fill up my quota with bottled water ?

Regards libbyloo47.:confused:

Hi,

When we buy our drink package which will be the Premium beverage package,which shows we are entitled to any drinks hot or cold.

So say for instance if i have some money left over on my card for that particular day, can i fill up my quota with bottled water ?

Libbyloo,

There is no "quota", and there is no card. You pay $54 per day for the duration of your cruise. If you have 1 drink per day or 100 drinks per day, you still pay $54 per day.

Telboy

The card is not loaded up with money.

The drinks package is a fixed sum, all you can drink (within the type of drinks selected in your package).

There are no stamps, no vouchers no daily limits. It runs from the start of your cruise to the end of your cruise and is priced accordingly.

Drinks pack A may be £100 for a 7 day cruise. It may be £200 for a 14 day cruise. You can drink as much or as little as you like during that time.

When we talk about a daily limit, what we probably should have said is that for ease of comparison we divided the cost of the package by the total number of days in our cruise to give us a figure or an average cost for a single day. That way we can compare individual drink prices and total them up to see if they would equate to an average of one days worth of the drinks package.

there was just a thread about the "premium" and "specialty" coffees:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1645249&highlight=espresso+latte+package

While there is still some confusion, with the Celebrity website being the main source of obfuscation, here is what it says at the FAQ

"What is the difference between the Premium Coffee (Classic/ Premium Nonalcoholic Package) and the Specialty Coffee (Classic /Premium Package)?

Premium coffees (espressos, lattes and cappuccinos) are served in our coffee lounges such as the Cova Café and Café al Bacio. Specialty coffees include coffee with special flavorings and other ingredients that are also served in the Cova Café and Café al Bacio."

To be sure, some passengers have reported getting any kind of flavored coffees with the Classic (less expensive) package. Left hand and right hand do not communicate very well sometimes.

I appreciate everyones input. I think the easiest thing to do is......

When you are ordering ask the server is this included in my package. If it isnt then ask what is included. Better to ask than pay full price for a coffee not included in the package.

Libbyloo,

There is no "quota", and there is no card. You pay $54 per day for the duration of your cruise. If you have 1 drink per day or 100 drinks per day, you still pay $54 per day.

Telboy

There are some cruises where the alcohol drink package is just not worth it. Like the one I'll be taknig in February, I'll be in port and off the ship for 5 of the days. The lone sea day is when I'll get up to 4 or 5 drinks then. Otherwise, it probably won't be more than 2.

Thank you for your detailed calculation.

Not because of the tip but because I have been debating on whether or not the premium non-alcoholic package would be worth it to me.

I don't drink coffee so those were out.

I love evian and fiji water but only drink 2 or 3 a day

I don't drink cokes so no value there.

I would love a large fresh oj or grapefruit juice every day but not a good idea for my blood sugar.

But you mentioned virgin drinks in the evening.

I had not even considered them and they sound wonderfull.

So I think you made me realize that there is value there for me.

:)

Carol

Thank you for your detailed calculation.

Not because of the tip but because I have been debating on whether or not the premium non-alcoholic package would be worth it to me.

I don't drink coffee so those were out.

I love evian and fiji water but only drink 2 or 3 a day

I don't drink cokes so no value there.

I would love a large fresh oj or grapefruit juice every day but not a good idea for my blood sugar.

But you mentioned virgin drinks in the evening.

I had not even considered them and they sound wonderfull.

So I think you made me realize that there is value there for me.

:)

Carol

You're very welcome. And obviously, I was only talking about the service charge, but in my model, taking everything into account, I'd actually be going over $24/day over my break even point for the day. Of course, if I DIDN"T have the drink package, I may not get all of those drinks, but since I do, I feel compelled to really use it. And I forgot all about the juice at breakfast, so you can add another few bucks in for that. LOL. I feel better about it every time I hit this thread.

Hi,

I think the confusion mentioned above is because so many posts talk about having "one or two cards" when getting their drinks. To clarify this to Libbyloo... the cards mentioned are your SEAPASS cards... the cruise cards that are issued to everyone while sailing. This card will indicate which (if any) beverage package you have purchased, and you show that when making a purchase. As noted... there are no "daily dollar" amounts per se.... it is "pay one price", drink and enjoy.

[quote name='RichJan']After looking at the various drink packages (alcohol) I decided to check with Celebrity on the policy regarding carrying over to the next day, what dollar value remained on the card. Surprisingly, the answer was that any portion of a daily drink card that isn't used is voided and the next day's card charge begins. In other words, I loose the $10 or less should I not use it up.

Even mentioning a competitor's approach of selling drink cards in various denominations and maintaining a declining balance until the card was empty didn't seem to have an effect.

I'm not impressed.

Has anyone had an experience of the sort? Any recommendations?

Obviously you don't need the drink package....for the classic package it would only require 5-6 drinks to meet that per day....so if you don't intend to drink that much.....it is not for you

Checking over the website and the beverage packages that can be purchased I am a little confused. I get the $50 per day plan which seems to include soda, beer and liquor but I do not see any wine in that package. Am I to assume that if we have drinks during the day and want wine with dinner then we must purchase two different packages? And it does not say how many bottles of wine you would get with those packages. Does anyone have any more info on this?

[quote name='YvonneK']Checking over the website and the beverage packages that can be purchased I am a little confused. I get the $50 per day plan which seems to include soda, beer and liquor but I do not see any wine in that package. Am I to assume that if we have drinks during the day and want wine with dinner then we must purchase two different packages? And it does not say how many bottles of wine you would get with those packages. Does anyone have any more info on this?[/QUOTE]

With the premium package you can order any wine by the glass priced $12 or less for no charge. You can purchase more expensive glasses of wine and pay the amount over $12 plus 15% gratuity on the overage (i.e for a $15 glass you would pay $3.45). With the classic package you can purchase wines by the glass that are priced at $8 or less, but you have to pay full price on wines over $8 a glass.

Archived