2 deals from HAL today!

DaveOKC

I just and went and looked at that sailing - looks very interesting! We did a 13 day similiar one on the Maasdam last year and had a great time.

The SY price of $3999 does not look back for a 15 day, but it is only a guarantee. I am wary of a SY guar. on the Eurodam due to the SU category being above it (I do not like the location of the SU cabins). Have you had any issues with this? The SY on the Vista class ships do not have this problem.

Also, Deborah mentioned a 5 day coastal next spring on the Amsterdam - I like the sound of that as we did a 6 day a year ago (or was it two?) and it was a great cruise. The 4 days are OK, but a bit short to come al the way from OK.

DaveOKC

Yes HAL is actually going to have a 5 Day Coastal on the Amsterdam next year that stops at Catalina Island, then two sea days then Victoria then ends in Vancouver. That will work good for those that want just that extra day, kind of a long weekend since it starts on Thursday May 16th. Interestingly enough Amsterdam will then have a 7 night Vancouver sailing that you can then book with that 5 day so it makes it a 12 day cruise :) The only difference it is a bit later in the month.

Last night I got the snail mail offer for double OBC. It said that HAL is aware I bought a future cruise certificate but haven't booked anything (bought it January of 2011) yet. No promo code, only my Mariner #.

If it weren't for this thread, I would have never looked at it, just thrown it in the recycle bin. :D

Roz

Last night I got the snail mail offer for double OBC. It said that HAL is aware I bought a future cruise certificate but haven't booked anything (bought it January of 2011) yet. No promo code, only my Mariner #.

If it weren't for this thread, I would have never looked at it, just thrown it in the recycle bin. :D

Roz

Guess I shouldn't have booked the Mexico cruise so quickly:( Oh well....it appears they are wanting people to use their FCC and giving incentives. Glad others are getting it-next time I will have to wait awhile and see if they send me anything.

Yes HAL is actually going to have a 5 Day Coastal on the Amsterdam next year that stops at Catalina Island, then two sea days then Victoria then ends in Vancouver. That will work good for those that want just that extra day, kind of a long weekend since it starts on Thursday May 16th. Interestingly enough Amsterdam will then have a 7 night Vancouver sailing that you can then book with that 5 day so it makes it a 12 day cruise :) The only difference it is a bit later in the month.

Lisa,

The five day cruise is not on the HAL website as separate from the Panama Canal Cruise. Do you know if it will be? Thanks.

Lisa,

The five day cruise is not on the HAL website as separate from the Panama Canal Cruise. Do you know if it will be? Thanks.

The Coastals always take their sweet time to come out. I suspect late summer. I think they want to sell as many cabins on the longer voyages first, then see what they will have to work with for pricing. But then they always basically end up doing the same thing :D

Received notice in the mail that HAL is having a one week cruise sale on some limited sailings: Begins June 17 and ends June 24. Info on the HAL website.

WHere on the site - I could not find anything with those dates. Any special areas involved (Europe, Alaska, Carb., Mexico, etc??).

WHere on the site - I could not find anything with those dates. Any special areas involved (Europe, Alaska, Carb., Mexico, etc??).

Hi DaveOKC. The mailing(# HAL13514) reads "for more infomration...please refer to www.hollandamerica.com" But I didn't see anything about this one week sale mentioned there today either. Maybe once the sale starts on June 17?

Specials are "Alaska from $499, Caribbean from $549, Europe from $599,Brmuda crom $699, Alaska cruise tours from $799, Canada & New England Cruises from $899, and Australia & New Zealand Cruises from $1,399" the small type at the bottom includes specific ships and departue dates.

"Fares are based on Prom(s) RH, FN, RT, RW, and FL"

I should also be able to get $50 pp credit for being a shareholder.

Dave: the shareholder credit for 7 days is $100.00 per cabin, rather than $50.00 per person. It is applied to one person's shipboard account for the cabin. When I have shared a cabin with a friend who also has the shareholder credit, I've had to go to the front desk, and have half of the shareholder credit given on my account transferred over to her account. If the two people in a cabin are a couple, though, then this wouldn't matter.

How do you all get these offers? Once we book a cruise on HAL, we don't receive anything by email or in the mail once we have booked. No way to tell if there are specials!

Diane

Do you sign up at the HAL website for special offers? That helps.

Thanks. I was able to call today and get an extra $50 OBC added to our cruise next year. The offer code is ZPM. The only condition is that you have had to have gotten off of a HAL cruise within the last 60 days.

I was told I could book 10 cruises (as many as we wanted) within the 60 day period and would get the OBC on each. Note that ours was using a future cruise deposit (from last year) so we received the double OBC, but any bookings without using an onboard booking would just have the same OBC credit as if you had booked onboard (not doubled). Additionally, any bookings not onboard would need the full deposit (not $100 per person).

Again, this must be done within 60 days of getting off a ship.

• 1 month later...

I received the double FC credit as I booked by the deadline - July 15. I received this promotion by e-mail, with no specific code on it. I had a general FC credit that I did onboard my last cruise, with no specific cruise chosen. If I change from my HAL booking to a TA will I lose the double credit, as it is now a different booking date? Also, I may have to change from an H cabin to a G cabin as there are no more H's left. Would this also affect the booking and drop the double credit?

I received the double FC credit as I booked by the deadline - July 15. I received this promotion by e-mail' date=' with no specific code on it. I had a general FC credit that I did onboard my last cruise, with no specific cruise chosen. If I change from my HAL booking to a TA will I lose the double credit, as it is now a different booking date? Also, I may have to change from an H cabin to a G cabin as there are no more H's left. Would this also affect the booking and drop the double credit?[/quote']

the email should have a link to HAL - and the codes are there. You do need the code I think.

If you are just transferring your booking I don't see an issue. A new booking is another whole kettle of fish

the email should have a link to HAL - and the codes are there. You do need the code I think.

For this particular promotion there was no code; there was just an e-mail from HAL saying to book by July 15/12, and get double FC credit.

I have never, ever received an email from HAL, despite cruising with them since 2004!

Will look for snail mail after our next cruise.... We did manage to get double OBC after we hit 4-star Mariner (offer included in our "Welcome ..." mail).

Archived