2 deals from HAL today!

DaveOKC

One in the mail, one email.

Mail - double credit from our future cruise deposit OBC which we purchased last month. Up to $200 per person (for both credits). Book by Juy 20.

Email - Special Mariner Society Sale - of course varies by sailing and cabin type, but on our 7 day sailing it was $100 cheaper per person than the quote on the wesite (sale by the way). Book by June 17

Guess I have to book for sure now on MOnday! Saving me $300 over price on yesterday - and I thought that was a good price.

DaveOKC

Mail - double credit from our future cruise deposit OBC which we purchased last month. Up to $200 per person (for both credits). Book by Juy 20.

Email - Special Mariner Society Sale - of course varies by sailing and cabin type, but on our 7 day sailing it was $100 cheaper per person than the quote on the wesite (sale by the way). Book by June 17

Guess I have to book for sure now on MOnday! Saving me $300 over price on yesterday - and I thought that was a good price.

DaveOKC

What are the booking codes?

They are both tied to my Mariner number. No booking codes were provided in the mailer nor email.

When I tried to get the prices on the website, it gave me the standard ones until I put in my mariner number.

DaveOKC

If you are a one or two star Mariner, there is often more greatly reduced pricing out there uner your Mariner number, sadly they never offer they great low prices to 4 Star Mariners :( Their reasoning is we already get many perks as 4 Star Mariners while on board.

If you are a one or two star Mariner, there is often more greatly reduced pricing out there uner your Mariner number, sadly they never offer they great low prices to 4 Star Mariners :( Their reasoning is we already get many perks as 4 Star Mariners while on board.

As 3 Star Mariners, we don't get them either, Lisa. :(

Are you saying the specials are for 1 and 2 star mariners. What about 3 star mariners?

Do you know anything about the current promotion?

DaveOKC

We also got a double credit offer several months ago, and it was just about the time we were ready to book anyway, so it was good timing. So, we booked our cruise and will be getting double the OBC from our future cruise deposit. Sounds great, right? Well, according to the fine print, and confirmed by the booking agent, this OBC offer is not combinable with any other OBC promo, including CCL shoreholder benefit. So, think it out carefully before taking HAL up on this promo.

We also got a double credit offer several months ago, and it was just about the time we were ready to book anyway, so it was good timing. So, we booked our cruise and will be getting double the OBC from our future cruise deposit. Sounds great, right? Well, according to the fine print, and confirmed by the booking agent, this OBC offer is not combinable with any other OBC promo, including CCL shoreholder benefit. So, think it out carefully before taking HAL up on this promo.

If it is the ZPM promotion then it is combinable with CCL Stock credit. What one must be careful is when HAL offers a special Mariner pricing this is not combinable with Travel Agent group amenities. I have seen in some cases that while the price was slightly less what one lost from the Group amenities a TA can offer were either a wash or a loss over all taking the Mariner pricing.

The other thing I have seen is that when getting the special Mariner pricing they often will not allow for the Platinum Amex benefit either.

The only time I have seen CCL Stock credit denied is when you are purchasing the cruise using interline discounting. Otherwise HAL is pretty good about getting that CCL stock credit applied :)

Just offering a heads up ... I was disappointed to learn that HAL would not even permit the CCL shareholder benefit with the double promo we were offered.

Who told you this? The cruise I just got off of had the double ship baord credit since I booked it right after our Hawaii cruise and I also got my CCL Stock credit.

The offer I got by email said that I am getting it as a 3 Star Mariner.

I will check on the other credits when I book.

DaveOKC

Dave can you tell me what cruise you saw the Mariner pricing for or just email me. I would be curious to see if it gives me the discount. I spent a good part of the afternoon checking at least 40 various cruises under my Mariner number and absolutely no discount and since I was just on the same 4 day cruise you were just on ;) I did get the email for double of the ship board credit and called in and had that applied to both of my cruises booked for 2013.

Who told you this? The cruise I just got off of had the double ship baord credit since I booked it right after our Hawaii cruise and I also got my CCL Stock credit.

When I booked directly with HAL, the telerep stated that, per the fine print, the promo could not be combined with any other OBC, including CCL shareholder.

The fine print: "... shipboard credit offer is only combinable with Promo(s) L1, RH, LG, FN, PH, PC, and PD and is not combinable with other shipboard credit offers."

Once I make final payment, I intend to submit my shareholder materials ... and, if necessary, move up the food chain to secure the shareholder benefit.

So you were offered/aware of this months ago? DaveOKC just indicated he got his e-mail and snail mail within the last day or two...is this happening all the time but just different people get these perks at different times?

Dave can you tell me what cruise you saw the Mariner pricing for or just email me. I would be curious to see if it gives me the discount. I spent a good part of the afternoon checking at least 40 various cruises under my Mariner number and absolutely no discount and since I was just on the same 4 day cruise you were just on ;) I did get the email for double of the ship board credit and called in and had that applied to both of my cruises booked for 2013.

Is the double ship board credit available only for North American residents?

So you were offered/aware of this months ago? DaveOKC just indicated he got his e-mail and snail mail within the last day or two...is this happening all the time but just different people get these perks at different times?

For about the last 18+ months HAL send the email out to every Mariner that has just gotten off a HAL cruise encouraging them to book a new cruise and they will offer ship board credit that is equivelent to the ship board credit you get from using your Future Cruise Deposit. If you have a Future Cruise Deposit it is then doubled. My email came about a week ago but I also had cruised in late March on the Westerdam so had that email that did not expire till late May. All HAL has to do is look at your cruising history but their computers are pretty sophisticated if you do not qualify it will not let them apply it ;) I called up and just asked to have the ZPM promoted added, they tried it and said yes it worked and we were set. I have actually had the ZPM promotion added for my last three cruises.

For about the last 18+ months HAL send the email out to every Mariner that has just gotten off a HAL cruise encouraging them to book a new cruise and they will offer ship board credit that is equivelent to the ship board credit you get from using your Future Cruise Deposit. If you have a Future Cruise Deposit it is then doubled. My email came about a week ago but I also had cruised in late March on the Westerdam so had that email that did not expire till late May. All HAL has to do is look at your cruising history but their computers are pretty sophisticated if you do not qualify it will not let them apply it ;) I called up and just asked to have the ZPM promoted added, they tried it and said yes it worked and we were set. I have actually had the ZPM promotion added for my last three cruises.

Do not recall receiving such an e-mail after our last cruise.

Will have to check with HAL's agent.

I can give you a couple of examples - Westerdam and Eurodam - 7 days Eastern Carb. Dec 9 and 8. Canada/NE repo - Eurodam Oct 14 - 13 days - big discount on the SC. Zuiderdam Dec 10, 11 days Southern Carb.

I could not find a promo code on the Double Credit mailer. On a separate email offering OBC for recent passengers it was ZPM &ZPN - this has nothing to do with the double credit I mentioned in my original post, but is another offer I got a couple of weeks ago.

DaveOKC

If you booked your future cruise while on board, can you still get the additional credit from the e-mail? I got the e-mail after returning home, but did not think I could get the double OBC since I had already booked my future cruise.

Thanks.

DaveOKC

Looks as though HAL wants your business.

Didn't get anything by either e-mail or regular mail.

Archived