2 deals from HAL today!

DaveOKC

If you booked your future cruise while on board, can you still get the additional credit from the e-mail? I got the e-mail after returning home, but did not think I could get the double OBC since I had already booked my future cruise.

Thanks.

I would at least try - you likely will get it - I did so last year on a cruise I already booked.

DaveOKC

We are four star mariners and due to my mother in laws tenuous medical conditon we have not cruised in over a year. We normally cruise at least twice a year. The upshot is that there has been a definite upswing in offers from HAL. Maybe they think that we have jumped ship to X ?

For about the last 18+ months HAL send the email out to every Mariner that has just gotten off a HAL cruise encouraging them to book a new cruise and they will offer ship board credit that is equivelent to the ship board credit you get from using your Future Cruise Deposit. If you have a Future Cruise Deposit it is then doubled. My email came about a week ago but I also had cruised in late March on the Westerdam so had that email that did not expire till late May. All HAL has to do is look at your cruising history but their computers are pretty sophisticated if you do not qualify it will not let them apply it ;) I called up and just asked to have the ZPM promoted added, they tried it and said yes it worked and we were set. I have actually had the ZPM promotion added for my last three cruises.

I did get the e-mail offer after our Pacific Coastal but then they would not allow me to "double dip" and get double the credit. Sounds like some got it and some didn't which annoys everyone of course because it should be the same across the board. It does say in the fine print it can't be combined so for me the only advantage was the $100 pp deposit we put down on a future cruise and the OBC that comes with it. I'd have really liked the double dip part...oh well. I have the CCL stocks too so that does help.

I can give you a couple of examples - Westerdam and Eurodam - 7 days Eastern Carb. Dec 9 and 8. Canada/NE repo - Eurodam Oct 14 - 13 days - big discount on the SC. Zuiderdam Dec 10, 11 days Southern Carb.

I could not find a promo code on the Double Credit mailer. On a separate email offering OBC for recent passengers it was ZPM &ZPN - this has nothing to do with the double credit I mentioned in my original post, but is another offer I got a couple of weeks ago.

DaveOKC

Dave again this morning I just tried every November and December sailing for the Westerdam, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. In several cases group pricing I could see was drastically less and in 4 different sailings booking without a Mariner number was $50.00 less per person than using my Mariner number :eek: Obviously that is a big error on HAL's part. I am pretty sure it is a Regional Mariner Promotion you received. HAL has not done this for a while but they will select a small hand full of states (normally those that live close to a port and or a state that percentages of purching a cruise are low) and all Mariner in that state receive a discount. RCI, Celebrity, NCL and CCL do this frequently. There might have only been 3 or 4 states they selected. My guess is too they went up to a Three Star Mariner, many times with the Regional promotions they are not offered to 4 Star Mariners.

If you booked your future cruise while on board, can you still get the additional credit from the e-mail? I got the e-mail after returning home, but did not think I could get the double OBC since I had already booked my future cruise.

Thanks.

Well technically if you go by the exact written rules No you should not get it because you booked during the cruise but...I just booked a cruise while on board the Zuiderdam 2 weeks ago but when I booked it, it had been less than 60 says since I sailed on the Westerdam so when I got home I was able to add it with no problem because I was using the previous promotion that was still valid but in several other cases I know of others that have gotten the extra ship board credit ;). The key is to say OK I will just cancel and rebook, 99.9% of the time they will just apply the extra credit from the ZPM promotion. Only one instance was there a Rep that was a bit stubborn but it ended up being more work for her, she did have to cancel and rebook then apply the credit :D

Yesterday evening I rec'd an email offering us a $359. inside cabin on today's southbound Zaandam route.

It is odd, we usually delete emails like this, and snail mails. But, we had recently booked a fall Adriatic cruise and wanted to compare it with new HAl pricing on a similar route.

Otherwise,,,,the email would have been gonzo.

I would at least try - you likely will get it - I did so last year on a cruise I already booked.

DaveOKC

Thanks Dave - I called, took less than 1 minute - 2nd OBC was applied with no problem.:)

Update - went to the TA today and was there when she called HAL. I booked a 7 day SC suite on the Euordam for Dec.

The Future Cruise credit was $50 pp, as we all get for booking (or taking a cerificate) onboard. The email and paper mail promotions I got that effectively double this were NOT combineable (in effect they were the same promotion - even though one did not have a promo code). So, I ended up with $100 pp.

As to the special fares, I did save $200 pp over the website prices on my SC. Cost was $1699 pp plus fees and taxes. Not a bad price for an SC, especially since I got to pick my cabin and not take a chance on a guarantee.

The best part of the deal was obviously the fare discounts. On some of the longer cruises the fares dropped quite a bit (saw a $500 pp drop on a 13 day in SC) over the website price.

I should also be able to get $50 pp credit for being a shareholder.

I figured I might as well go ahead and book, since we are far from final payment and can always rebook if a better deal comes along.

DaveOKC

Update - went to the TA today and was there when she called HAL. I booked a 7 day SC suite on the Euordam for Dec.

The Future Cruise credit was $50 pp, as we all get for booking (or taking a cerificate) onboard. The email and paper mail promotions I got that effectively double this were NOT combineable (in effect they were the same promotion - even though one did not have a promo code). So, I ended up with $100 pp.

As to the special fares, I did save $200 pp over the website prices on my SC. Cost was $1699 pp plus fees and taxes. Not a bad price for an SC, especially since I got to pick my cabin and not take a chance on a guarantee.

The best part of the deal was obviously the fare discounts. On some of the longer cruises the fares dropped quite a bit (saw a $500 pp drop on a 13 day in SC) over the website price.

I figured I might as well go ahead and book, since we are far from final payment and can always rebook if a better deal comes along.

DaveOKC

Fantastic! An SC on the Eurodam! Nice....

I want to thank you again for bringing all this up...yesterday, I phoned HAL and got the $400 price drop per person on our SY for our Panama cruise next year. :)

I do have a question though-your FCC was $50...you said the e-mail and snail mail weren't combineable but does that mean they allowed one or the other to go with your FCC so that made it the $100? Only reason I'm asking is because I was not allowed to combine my FCC and the e-mail I got :( HAL told me only one was allowed. (I've phoned twice but they won't budge).

So glad others have benefited though!

I want to thank you again for bringing all this up...yesterday, I phoned HAL and got the $400 price drop per person on our SY for our Panama cruise next year. :)

I do have a question though-your FCC was $50...you said the e-mail and snail mail weren't combineable but does that mean they allowed one or the other to go with your FCC so that made it the $100? Only reason I'm asking is because I was not allowed to combine my FCC and the e-mail I got :( HAL told me only one was allowed. (I've phoned twice but they won't budge).

I believe the reason you cannot combine is that you booked that Panama Canal before you went on the 4 Night Zuiderdam. The email giving the additional ship board credit is for NEW bookings only after the completion of your cruise. Now if you wnated to rebook of which case HAL cannot stop you from doing then they can apply that credit. I have had once instance where I was told NO and then I stated OK we will just cancel and rebook, they did then give the ship board credit, another time that rep had to go thru the work of canceling and rebooking.

Yes, I ended up with $100 pp due to the FCC credit being $50 pp and the email (or snail mail) doubling that. They HAD to give me that - the snail mail specificly said that my FCC was being DOUBLED (in large print no less).Try using promo code ZPM or ZPN i this was in the emai but not the snail mail.

Dave

I believe the reason you cannot combine is that you booked that Panama Canal before you went on the 4 Night Zuiderdam. The email giving the additional ship board credit is for NEW bookings only after the completion of your cruise. Now if you wnated to rebook of which case HAL cannot stop you from doing then they can apply that credit. I have had once instance where I was told NO and then I stated OK we will just cancel and rebook, they did then give the ship board credit, another time that rep had to go thru the work of canceling and rebooking.

I actually tried for the Vancouver-Mexico trip I just booked on the Zaandam and still not allowed. I also told them I was willing to cancel and re-book the Panama one to get the credit and still no. I'm ok with the fares we are paying but would be nice to double dip if possible as well. I will keep watching and trying! I don't give up too easily. I do hope they don't start changing the CCL stock credits though-I do worry about that.

Yes, I ended up with $100 pp due to the FCC credit being $50 pp and the email (or snail mail) doubling that. They HAD to give me that - the snail mail specificly said that my FCC was being DOUBLED (in large print no less).Try using promo code ZPM or ZPN i this was in the emai but not the snail mail.

Dave

That's great Dave-I'm glad it worked out for you. I didn't get the snail mail-wish I had of. I did get the ZPM ZPN codes and they won't budge on it.

Again, I'm glad some are getting it though and I'm ok with the fares we have for our upcoming cruises but every little bit helps, right!

Dave

Sorry, should have added-I didn't get any e-mail or snail mail saying in writing about "DOUBLED" just the promo code ZPM or ZPN.

Any chance you could e-mail me a copy of the double part to sammiepell at hotmail dot com? Would be interested in reading it and then maybe trying to phone HAL again.

Can someone paste the offer here with promo code and stating that the promo is combinable.

It sounds like the snail mail DOUBLE OBC is the best one as it has no code but it doesn't sound like too many have received it.

The ZPN or ZPM was e-mail:

Book by July 26, 2012, and receive Shipboard Credit (U.S. dollars) according to the table below:

LENGTH OF ITINERARY INTERIOR OCEAN VIEW/LANAI VERANDAH/

VERANDAH SUITE DELUXE VERANDAH SUITE 7 – 11 days $25 $25 $35 $50 12+ days $50 $50 $75 $100 To take advantage of this Mariner benefit, call your Travel Professional or Holland America Line at 1-866-920-2332 (mention Promo code ZPM & ZPN).

Then the small print says:

Shipboard credit offer is not combinable with other shipboard credit offers, is per person and applies only to 1st and 2nd guest in each stateroom.

Shipboard credits are in U.S. dollars and apply to new bookings only. Must book by the date listed above. Additional restrictions may apply.

DaveOKC

Dave, just a heads up warning,if you see the price drop and you call in to get it refared the ZPM promo does drop off. So you need to make sure the reapply it. They can see you had it prior and it is not problem having it go back on but everyone I have had refared it did dropped off. Just 10 minutes ago I saw that my Eurodam for Oct 2013 dropped in price $90.00PP so I called in and had in lowered but forgot before I hung up to make sure they reapplied the ZPM and sure enough I had to call back. It just took another phone call to have it added back on. Just a little warning that this happens all the time. :)

Well, I finally admit I'm giving up! After another call to HAL and he checked with their booking onboard department he said there are no double shipboard credit specials at all currently in effect so they don't know how my "friend" got it but indicated it wasn't from HAL. I couldn't argue any more because obviously I don't have the snail mail that Dave got.

Oh well...I'm still happy. :rolleyes:

CB - the email OBC promo I got a coupe of weeks ago and is the ZPM code on it and it expires 7-20-12.

The snail mail does not have a promo code (Me and the TA both searched and searched the letter for it to not avail) and it expires 7-15-12. It does say it is combinable ONLY with codes LI, RH, FL, LG, FN, PH, PL, PC & PD.

Last year I got the same email promo and was able to combine it with by FCC credit, even after I had booked the new cruise.

GO figure....

Dave

Dave, just a heads up warning,if you see the price drop and you call in to get it refared the ZPM promo does drop off. So you need to make sure the reapply it. They can see you had it prior and it is not problem having it go back on but everyone I have had refared it did dropped off. Just 10 minutes ago I saw that my Eurodam for Oct 2013 dropped in price $90.00PP so I called in and had in lowered but forgot before I hung up to make sure they reapplied the ZPM and sure enough I had to call back. It just took another phone call to have it added back on. Just a little warning that this happens all the time. :)

Lisa - are you looking at the 13 day Eurodam on Oct 14? If so, I just got a mailer on it today and it quotes Interior from $1099, OV from $1499, Lanai from $1799 and suite from $3499. On my private sale email from Sat. it has the SC suite for $3999.

Dave

CB - the email OBC promo I got a coupe of weeks ago and is the ZPM code on it and it expires 7-20-12.

The snail mail does not have a promo code (Me and the TA both searched and searched the letter for it to not avail) and it expires 7-15-12. It does say it is combinable ONLY with codes LI, RH, FL, LG, FN, PH, PL, PC & PD.

Last year I got the same email promo and was able to combine it with by FCC credit, even after I had booked the new cruise.

GO figure....

Dave

These look like states?

Lisa - are you looking at the 13 day Eurodam on Oct 14? If so, I just got a mailer on it today and it quotes Interior from $1099, OV from $1499, Lanai from $1799 and suite from $3499. On my private sale email from Sat. it has the SC suite for $3999.

Dave

Not this year but next year in 2013 we will be going on the Eurodam Oct 12th for the 15 day Quebec City to FLL and even that took a slight price drop. Wish we could go this year but right now we are strongly considering canceling our NCL Dawn in Nov to do the 10 night Zuiderdam on the 9th of Nov. But will more than likely wait and book once Flash pricing starts. ;)

These look like states?

LI, RH, FL, LG, FN, PH, PL, PC & PD

Actually they are the first two letters of the three digit rate codes HAL uses. Such as the RH5 is the current promotion of the Sail and Save, FL is for various Flash Specials, some of the others are for other specials. I am actually surprised to see FL because that is normally not combinable but FN almost always is.

We've received the Double OBC on our FCC a few times in the past, by both e-mail and regular mail. In almost every instance, the FCC was "old" and I think HAL was trying to get us to book. The only time we weren't able to use the Double OBC offer was when we were booked on a TA group that also had OBC. It was either-or and not both. But we have never had a problem with adding our CCL OBC to any promo.

Not this year but next year in 2013 we will be going on the Eurodam Oct 12th for the 15 day Quebec City to FLL and even that took a slight price drop. Wish we could go this year but right now we are strongly considering canceling our NCL Dawn in Nov to do the 10 night Zuiderdam on the 9th of Nov. But will more than likely wait and book once Flash pricing starts. ;)

I just and went and looked at that sailing - looks very interesting! We did a 13 day similiar one on the Maasdam last year and had a great time.

The SY price of $3999 does not look back for a 15 day, but it is only a guarantee. I am wary of a SY guar. on the Eurodam due to the SU category being above it (I do not like the location of the SU cabins). Have you had any issues with this? The SY on the Vista class ships do not have this problem.

Also, Deborah mentioned a 5 day coastal next spring on the Amsterdam - I like the sound of that as we did a 6 day a year ago (or was it two?) and it was a great cruise. The 4 days are OK, but a bit short to come al the way from OK.

DaveOKC

Archived